31 coaches online • Server time: 17:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2021 - 10:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Deserted Isles Blood Bowl Leeg is a weekly league for New Zealand based coaches. Coaches from elsewhere able to commit to NZ prime time (7pm - 9pm nzt) are also welcome.

Season 25 kicked off on 27th June with what will be another great season, wizards, cards and all. First round is two weeks, then weekly after that.

The Leeg operates both Spiraling Expenses AND Expensive Mistakes to try and kneecap those monster teams.

Teams this season:

Lumbering Lake Division
Da Sexy Buggerz - Felix17 Image
Deserted Isle Buccaneers - Happy_Amateur Image
Toronto ArgoNutz - knine Image
World's Edge Hornets - Sharper Image
Foot Bone's Connected To - tussock Image
Madheads Mountain Mob - Trickey Image
Booger Wonderland - mushoomy Image
Flingers of Filth - Foad Image

Grimnir Goldentoe Division
Da Freebootaz - D_Arquebus Image
Valinor Football Club - Fool Image
Freezy Trees - ramchop Image
Dylans Rolling Thunder - Ross12 Image
Nugget Bashers - Klazam Image
Blackwater Blitz - Foad Image
Tyranoc Typhoons - Miyuso Image
South Side Saurus - pielover101 Image

Hollie Fraser Division
Talabheim Timelords - Wozzaa Image
Industrial Rock n Roll - Kransky Image
Settra's Sons - Boriz Image
Hauraki Horrors - DDAmAge112 Image
Back Alley Burglars - DustBunny Image
Emotional Vampires - Hedgehogg Image
von Munte Munters - vonMunte Image
Ogrepaid Ogresexed Ogrehere - lolvenom Image
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2021 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

As many SWL and DIBBL coaches are aware, I have one of the most ridiculous halfling players to ever to set foot on the blood bowl pitch.

In the spirit of surviving a pandemic, her team has entered the Season #25 of the Deserted Isles Blood Bowl League to test their mettle.

After missing the first game to a prior injury, she takes the field on Tuesday, 0200 server time against a TV 2250 Nurgle team full of monsters,

With 6 games (plus a maximum of 3 play-offs), I've decided to run a deadpool to see if people can guess how long she will survive. Should be fun to keep us amused.

Match reports to follow but here is the road map for the ol' Fingers. A tough road indeed.

1. Nurgle TW 2250
2. Chaos TW 2330
3. Undead TW 1950
4. Undead TW 1610
5. Snotling TW 900
6. Orc TW 2370

Feel free to take a guess as to how many turns she lasts before she explodes. Winner to be awarded... Um, well... A lucky halfling's foot?

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2021 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Who's a monster. My lovable boys will hug her into oblivion turn 13. Consider it canon.
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2021 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Deadpool Update.
----------------
The Duchess has opened her campaign against a nurgle outfit 810k larger than the flings, and was a surprising close match that was decided in the second half as a halfling breakaway was ended by a snake on a third sure feet GFI.

The teams 4th snake of the day KO's their lsat chance of the game and an opportunity to go up 2-1, was lost as this led to a 1-2 defeat.

A turn 3 snake saw the Duchess badly hurt herself early.

Game #1 - Did Not Play
Game #2 - 3 turns.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2021 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

View from above - Season Preview from someone completely underqualified to do it.

To prevent cut and paste editing we start with the biggest, nastiest division in the leeg. Lumbering Lake Division, named for a mummy I believe. One that was only strength 4 if I remember correctly. But I digress.

ImageWorld's Edge Hornets
TV as of writing:2210
Prediction: Block, Claw, Tents, Pro Minotaur. AG5 Beastmen. ST5, Tents Chaos Warriors. This team has stats coming out the ying-yang. If fact its so disgusting it made me put my foot through my computer screen and send the bill to the NAF. THE RNG IS BROKEN.
Player to watch:Gorthax. Why choose a rookie on a team of players that all have the potential to legend? Because if you watch him, you might see him die. And that would be nice.
Predicted Placing: 1st. Because STATS. Plus the coach of the Nurgle team that might hurt them is pants.

ImageDa Sexy Buggerz
TV as of writing: 2370 albeit with the Hornets and then the Buccaneers in the first two rounds. XP
Prediction: Felix17 is a beauty of a coach and this is a sexy team. If they can avoid being murdered they will do well and could even top the division.
Player to watch:Zak Efrork. He's killed stars and he could become a legend this season. But he'll be high on the CLAW LISTâ„¢ so good luck to him. I mean... how does this guy not get hoof votes?
Predicted Placing: 2nd. Exit quarter final because TRADITION!

Image Foot Bone's Connected To
TV as of writing: 1480 with a couple of players missing.
Prediction: Tussock is too good not to guide these Crap Bowl legends to the upper half of the division. Anything but a top three placing will be a disappointment. A true shaming. But now there are two mummies so... watch this space.
Player to watch:Tibia is a S5 A3 skelly. Is he the resurrected corpse of an Ogre with a weak constitution? Will he survive the season with AV7? The only thing we know is that he will be targeted by dirty player after dirty player.
Predicted Placing: 3rd. Because why not?

ImageMadhead's Mountain Mob
TV as of writing: 1920
Prediction:
Player to watch:Vim Throtpicker. This gorgeous Big Boy is ST6 and Block. Reminds me of another ST6, Block Big Boy Trickey had. Buccaneers in the 6th Trickey! Buccaneers in the 6th!
Predicted Placing: 4th. Because Trickey deserves it. And if I've learnt anything from the Commissioners predictions, it's that there's no comebacks. No responsibility. You can just make up the numbers and it doesn't matter how wrong you are.

ImageToronto Argonutz
TV as of writing: 1990 of niggled, -AV beauties.
Prediction: They will win some games. And they will lose some games. They might even draw a couple.
Player to watch:Cashew. Will he be the next Roberts Revenge?
Predicted Placing: 5th. Because I say so.

ImageDeserted Isle Buccaneers
TV as of writing: 2330
Prediction: They have got through the toughest games of the division... mushoomy's murderous Snots and Foad's SUPER FLINGS. But the usual rot will set in after two wins and once again Wairarapa's most handsome coach will fail miserably, once again disappointing his family and bringing great shame to his family's name. But then... why change the habit of a lifetime.
Player to watch:[url=][/url] No one. They are all bloated disappointments.
Predicted Placing: 6th. Because they'll even fail at being useless.

ImageFlingers of Filth
TV as of writing: 1490
Prediction: Other 'Fling coaches go green with envy at this streamlined super star team that will put the wind up the opposition.
Player to watch: The Duchess. Mummy told me there were no such thing as monsters. She lied.
Predicted Placing: 7th. Because FLINGS.

ImageBooger Wonderland
TV as of writing: 850
Prediction: Nuffle bless you Mushy, with your ever present grace, humility and sense of fair play. These things are made to hit and hit they will be.
Player to watch: The Sprinkler. Just because this Snot will undoubtedly water the grass.
Predicted Placing: 8th. Prove me wrong.

Last edited by Happy_Amateur on Jul 12, 2021 - 13:19; edited 1 time in total
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2021 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

View from above - Season Preview from someone completely underqualified to do it.

And onto the second of the DIBBL divisions. Grimnir Goldentoe Division, named for a dwarf that the Commissioner seemed to hate. Must have hurt him to draw that as a division name.

ImageBlackwater Blitz
TV as of writing: 2040
Prediction: Led by SWL veteran High Stakes Lockwood, these guys will deal some damage and score a number of touchdowns. Should be good enough.
Player to watch: Chilli John Why a ST4, Block linerat? I dunno. Lets watch and find out.
Predicted Placing: 1st. Exit semifinals.

ImageValinor Football Club
TV as of writing: 2320
Prediction: These guys have gotten bigger and bigger. And it doesn't look like there's anything here to trim them. But one lucky hit on Drizzt and.... (also have the distinction of the Nerdiest Naming Convention.)
Player to watch: Drizzt. But can he make legend?
Predicted Placing: 2nd. Because Drizzt.

ImageDa Freebootaz
TV as of writing: 2160
Prediction: Lovely greenskins doing lovely greenskin things.
Player to watch: "Flash Git". He's flash as.
Predicted Placing: 3rd. Because Guard.

ImageNugget Bashers
TV as of writing: 1870
Prediction: Four block Tomb Guardians, Klaz will be desperately waiting to roll that valuable +AG on one of his players. I just hope its a TG.
Player to watch: Ikkite. This guy is fast for a Khemri. Movement 8. That should be fast enough to get back to his support when he gets himself isolated.
Predicted Placing: 4th. Because Klaz loves the Plate.

ImageSouth Side Saurus
TV as of writing: 1570
Prediction: Their own coach says it best. More like South Side Draw'us Smile
Player to watch: Blue Tongue II This AG4 skink is great. Imagine how good Blue Tongue III will be.
Predicted Placing: 5th. Because 1570

ImageTyranoc Typhoons
TV as of writing: 1740
Prediction: A few stats being rolled and with a bit of luck those players will survive.
Player to watch: Igre Nichelle. A poor mans Drizzt? Let us see whether he can emulate last seasons biggest hitter. Mighty Blow would help. ;p
Predicted Placing: 6th. Because of pointing at the screen with my eyes shut.

ImageFreezy Trees
TV as of writing: 1770
Prediction:
He wants to play another race,
He wants to get out of last place,
He does not want to keep The Shield,
He hopes this season he will yield.
The Shield. That's what he wants to yield.

Player to watch:Jibboo When you are a fumbbl admin you can skirt the boundaries of constricted racial slurs with impunity. Lets hope this stumpy handed beast is put down.
Predicted Placing: 7th. The magical AV number.

ImageDylans Rolling Thunder
TV as of writing: 1530
Prediction: No offense for last place, but I mean... I just got a promotion from lackey so I couldn't put the boss last. And look at me now. I'm writing predictions. And he didn't even want to check them before I publish. (I don't think) Look at me now Mummy! Look at me now! Who never made anything of themselves.
Player to watch: Big Pink. Great name. And we all dream of having an AG4 thrower. Until the new rules arrive that is. Whatever that means. Because I actually don't know if that makes any difference or not.
Predicted Placing: 7th place because actually the Freezy Trees will finish 8th. But Ramchop won't read this far so HA!
Happy_Amateur

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2021 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Last but by no means least, the Hollie Fraser Division, named for a lovely young lady who I'm pretty sure scored nine trys for North Otago. Which must be some kind of record. But I've already got a lot of tabs open and don't want to confuse myself so... do your research. Keep an open mind. Cause there ain't no room for The Man on this flat disc we live on. Flat Earth Three Hundred and Sixty Five days of the year baby. But you already know that.... don't you?

ImageTalabheim Timelords
TV as of writing: 1960
Prediction: Wozzaa is a great coach. Why can't he take Humans the whole way? No pressure mate.
Player to watch:Marco Schwarzenbach. Great name, great Blitzer. I mean, if I was a player I'd want to be Marco Schwarzenbach.
Predicted Placing: 1st. Winner. Why not. If I'm right then I'll look legendary. Otherwise I'm just being silly alright?!

ImageIndustrial Rock n Roll
TV as of writing: 1700
Prediction: This team is gross.
Player to watch: Holden Ghazak. Fast and strong.
Predicted Placing: 2nd place. Out in the quarters. No sour grapes here.

ImageSettra's Sons
TV as of writing: 1750
Prediction: Another SWL import. Should get a shot at the Plate.
Player to watch: Takh'anet the Terrible. Should have been called Takh'anet the not so Terrible.
Predicted Placing: 3rd according to the order I'm writing this in.

ImageHauraki Horrors
TV as of writing: 1880
Prediction: Tis a good team. They should do well. Maybe I should have put them fourth. Or maybe I'm just running out of things to say. Anyway. DIBBL regulars, the Horrors will compete in this division, but probably lack a bit of block.
Player to watch: Lumbering Lake III. Speaking of lacking a bit of block.
Predicted Placing: 4th if things go badly. Whatever that face saving BS means. ;p

ImageBack Alley Burglars
TV as of writing: 2100
Prediction: A truly legendary team. They are sex on thick legs. I want to play with them. I want to play against them. It's an honour to be in the same division.
Player to watch:Chop. The GOAT. He may be slowing down in his old age but he's still on the pitch, breaking tackles, and breaking bodies.
Predicted Placing: 5th. Because Snots.

Imagevon Munte Munters
TV as of writing: 1590
Prediction: Lovely entry level undead team, in a division where fully half of the teams are undead. Look to be well coached.
Player to watch: Timbo. Why pick a rookie zombie? Because my wife walked past and I asked her to pick a player and she doesn't know anything about Blood Bowl. But she actually stopped and spoke to me for two sentences so that's good right?! Right guys?! That's normal right!?
Predicted Placing: 6th. Because I can count.

Image Ogrepaid Ogresexed Ogrehere
TV as of writing: 1540
Prediction: They have SWL pitch art, so I assume they are part of the Aussie invaders. Team will not be challenging the Burglars anytime soon, but there always has to be a transition from old to young, father to son. It must be exhausting for the good teams. Always looking over their shoulders. Except for the All Blacks. They'll always be better than the Wallabies. More like Wannabies.
Player to watch: All Ogre the Place. Named for his AG3 passing I presume?
Predicted Placing: 7th. Because someone has to.

ImageEmotional Vampires
TV as of writing: 1320
Prediction: I can see why they're emotional. High fat diets are used to put meat on the bones.
Player to watch:Your crazy mother in law. Because you should watch her. Really... really watch her. Like I've always said, 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twelve times.....'
Predicted Placing: 8th. Because Base 8 had some advantage in early computers that had words of e.g. 24 or 36 bit. You could write down the content of a word by 8 or 12 octal numbers (using the digits from 0 to 7). Later, with 16, 32, 64 bit machines becoming more popular, base 16 did that job (using the digits from 0 to 9 and the letters a to f).
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2021 - 09:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Rakhak's Hoof (aka "The Hoof", "The Rakhak")

The votes are in (only 1 day past the deadline).

Current player list:

Image The Greatest: Chop. Back leadingthe list is the biggest, baddest, bestest Ogre of all time. 529spp and counting, this is one Hoof that'll never get claimed. [8 votes]

Image The Diva: Fox Meadows, is gathering a cult following. Gaining as many extra votes as he has niggles. The most likely on the list to not see out the season. [4 votes]

Image The Biggest: Murgatroid. Murg's been feeling a little neglected, how could anyone so mighty find himself in anyone's shadow? [3 votes]

Image The GOAT: Mash Kharnn. OK, so maybe Mash isn't the greatest League pestigor of all time. But he's getting close. Perhaps if he keeps his hooves attached to his legs for a few more seasons he'll make it [3 votes]

Rules:
Kill one of these lovely creatures and you can proudly display the Hoof trophy on your player bio, team bio, coach bio... wherever you see fit. Until someone takes it from you by killing another nominee.

The horseshoe, however is permanent, and may remain on your player's bio forever:

Image Brian "The Bagman" Berlusconi killed Image Blue Suede Shoes Season 14

The Hoof harvest:
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2021 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Unforlorned List:

Simyin - D_Arquebus
HElf - Longshanks
Chorf - mushoomy
Vamps - ramchop
Rats - OrcCleaver
Chaos - paradocks
Lizards - OrcCleaver
Delf - Foad
Dorf - Bojo
Human - mushoomy
Orc - D_Arquebus

Forlorn List
Amazon
Bretonian
Chaos Pact
Elf
Goblin
Halfling
Khemri
Khorne
Necro
Norse
Nurgle
Ogre
Old World Alliance
Slaan
Snotling
Undead
Underworld
Wood Elf

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2021 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Happy great work.

Hey Fox has escaped the hoof every season. Why break tradition.
Foad

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2021 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Filth Watch.
----------------
The second match for the Duchess saw the faithful have their hopes up for a moment, with a quick handover getting the Filth a 1-0 lead.

The next 2 turns saw the team decimated, capped by Little Digger find a couple of 1s while dodging, leading to his death, which was confirmed by the apo.

A late chance to equalise was denied by a perfect kick, as the Sharper played it safe for a 2-1 Hornets win.

The Caretakers' run of 92 games came to an end with his first on-field injury. Now sitting at AV8. Only 20 k for cash, as next match will see us run tree-free.

Deadpool Update.
----------------
Game #1 - Did Not Play.
Game #2 - 3 turns.
Game #3 - 4 turns.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2021 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Filth Watch.
----------------
Another good start, this time with the Duchess herself getting the opening score for another Filth 1-0 lead. The sweltering heat was too much for her however sitting out the second half.

The second half saw her get 2 dice on the ball carrier but a lack of team mate saw the pressure dry up and gave up 2 assists to be blocked down before being removed by the inevitable foul.

Another 5 turns on the board, as knine pushed for a third TD with a convincing pitch clearance and a Argonutz 3-1 victory.

The Caretaker returns for round #5 against the Connection and is joined by a second permanent Treeperson as the Filth's TV soars out to 1350.

Deadpool Update. (12 turns - 3 games remain, plus post season)
----------------
Game #1 - Did Not Play.
Game #2 - 3 turns.
Game #3 - 4 turns.
Game #4 - 5 turns.

Jump to: