38 coaches online • Server time: 13:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fu

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2021 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way a team can speed up its players leveling up. I have tried picking a lot of MB as first skill for a Chaos team and worked fine sometimes, but I have found myself playing often against Guard heavy teams and you may be unabled to hit. So I'm wondering if it would be better to pick Guard first. I don't want to build a standard Block first team. I use to play Chaos, Undead or Orcs, but I'm open to any other team and way to gather SPP besides punching faces.
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The fastest way I know is to score in one turn with wood elves or Skaven, but it focuses your XP on very few players.

With bashing teams, 2/3 Mighty blow+Tackle, 1/3 guard I would say (instead of the classic 50% each)
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I know you said you do not want the standard block first, but without block, the team will not progress through casualties very quickly.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not exactly sure I understand your question. All teams are going to gain SPP at different rates and on different players. There are a lot of different builds you can try for any given team: some might be more effective than others, but only you can decide what work well for your play style (for instance, the Guard the Claws build worked well for some coaches and might be just the ticket for the way you play). The best way to level players up fast is just to win: score TDs, block your opponent more to generate casualties, dominate the field. If your team doesn't start with block, like Chaos Chosen, you will probably find it easier to win if you choose block first, but you should play whatever way is fun for you. You can also get a good amount of SPP by playing lots of games against teams with players who are easy to hurt: snotlings and halflings come to mind. Don't know if any of that is helpful, though...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

fu wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way a team can speed up its players leveling up. I have tried picking a lot of MB as first skill for a Chaos team and worked fine sometimes, but I have found myself playing often against Guard heavy teams and you may be unabled to hit. So I'm wondering if it would be better to pick Guard first. I don't want to build a standard Block first team. I use to play Chaos, Undead or Orcs, but I'm open to any other team and way to gather SPP besides punching faces.

Just so you know: guard is a far superior bashing skill than MB. An 11-guards team will absolutely curbstomp an 11-mbs team. Ideally, you either mix the two or just keep one or two mbs for the dedicated blitzers and go guard with the rest.

As for block, it's a defensive tool as much as an offensive tool. Block players are harder to knock over. If you really want to build a weird team with no block, then wrestle is definitely the next best pick. It has its perks, but it doesn't really shine on low-movement players. Still, better than nothing.

As for gaining spps fast you can go skaven or wood elves. With woodies you can prioritize dodge, wrestle and sidestep on linos I guess, with guard on doubles. Of course you will suffer a lot of casualties, but as long as you keep your tv low, you should be able score a lot and be competitive. Be prepared though, as switching from orcs/chaos to a non-block av7 team can be quite the cultural shock.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

MB is highly overrated. Block, Guard, Tackle and probably also Stand Firm lead to more casualties than mighty blow. Simply because you get much more successful blocks in with those skills. So I would say pick 1x mighty blow for your blitzer and the other skills for the rest.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Block and guard definitely important... Don't think I would go as far as saying stand firm or tackle are more important than mighty blow for casualties though. You need some tackle. Definitely a couple of tackle and a couple of stand firm on your strong players would help. Mighty blow is useful against any team.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on. On everyone.
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Go elves and pass and score. Some games you will absolutely crush 3-0 or so and in those You level up quickly until someone with all the exp dies.
Medon

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2021 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe vanity passing with black orcs? 4+ pickup, 4+ pass, 3+ catch works 39% of the time (with enough rerolls) so try it every turn and your black orc earns 3-5 spps per match
 Jump to: