40 coaches online • Server time: 15:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill to pick?
Guard
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
Mighty blow
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Juggernaut
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Strong arm
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Sidestep
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tackle
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Leap
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

Bram

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2021 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

After this dramatic game, Hauclir finally became a legend and rolled a double (3,3).

Which skill to pick?

- Guard? ST4 blodge guard is always good. Guard on a ballcarrier is good too.
- Mighty blow? ST4 mighty blow is useful against strong opponents. But he lacks tackle...
- Juggernaut? Can always be useful to get stand firm roadblocks out of the way, especially with ST4...
- Strong arm? He is a thrower after all...
- Tackle? ST4 ballcarrier needs tackle to blitz himself free.
- Sidestep? ST4 blodge sidestep is a nightmare...
- Leap? Probably not, but still is a powerful tool.

A bit lost here...
Chivite

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2021 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

st4 ag4 blodge guard is a superb piece. you will get 1000% more use of guard on such a strong piece than you would any other of those options.

other strong contenders would be:
Mighty blow, if you like being a bit of a banger
Sidestep, if you want to just carry the ball or be a nuisance positionally
Tackle, if you want to go hunting with him
Azur

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2021 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

1st- Guard, to hunt in pack and to protect your cage/screen. As said by Chivite, a superb player.
2nd - Tackle, to hunt alone.

IMHO, both choices will provide you a superb player anyway Wink

PS : Frenzy could be fun, since he's a STR4/MV8 player. Some kind of an elven werewolf under steroid Smile
Bram

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2021 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the point made for guard.

Didn't think about frenzy, but without sidestep it's a bit risky I'd say. Good surf potential though...

Let's see if someone can make an argument for another skill.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2021 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard would be great, but the strength 4 tackle sweeper option looks good on defence. Plus better able to blitz marking blodgers out of the way on offence. Guard means you are more likely to be leaving him marked at a turn end? Though also helps players blitz him free.

May come down to the fact that Elves have less strength skills so you will value that guard.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2021 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I went for boring old guard. I thought about leap, but you already have it on the team so not as attractive. He passes a lot. Mainly spp farming or attacking passes? If the latter, then tackle becomes more temptin, since you want to keep away from opposing players and it improves his utility on defence (844 blodge tackle...) signifantly without putting him in harm's way.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2021 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard will get him KILLED and you don't want that.

Making him some kind of Bitzer to use him better on Defense is the way to go.

Mighty Blow, Grab, Tackle (skip the Double).

Frenzy would be OK if you had Side Step... but you don't... so that could also get him killed if you are not careful. But you used him more as a THREAT to Surf more than a Surfer. And if you protected him whenever you DO Surf. It would be OK. AND youthen have a Great Safety that gets 2 shots at taking down an Opponent.

If you Elfball alot Tackle would be a great choice. Cancel out all of that Dodge.
But maybe Mighty Blow is more to your liking.

And Grab can be a great skill to have a player with High Movement to surf all of those Side Stepper that want to hang out along the Sidelines. Or to clear out the path some other player need to run through.

Personally, I like to have 1 Frenzy and 1 Grab Blitzer (as in player not the position) on the team. Those 2 skills on the team in High Movement Players can force your opponent to STAY AWAY from the Sidelines or suffer the consequences. And that can really make Defense a bit easier (1 way or another).

I would maybe take Grab and develop somebody else with Frensy and Side Step.
I voted Tackle in the Poll.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2021 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

guard doesnt have to get him killed. guard is a great way to shut off a side, you dont have to be in base contact with him for his guard to be of use. his st4 also helps on him staying alive. and even while left in base, as long as there is some buddies assisting him, trying to get 2d on him will be a struggle.
Bram

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2021 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The team is in CIBBL, so I don't get to chose my opponents.

Guard is probably the best shot here, although I like the feeling of grab too. And even tackle. Surprised to see no one voted sidestep...
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2021 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard probably brings your team the best utility overall, so I won't argue with anyone else here about that. But! Have you heard about our lord and savior, Strong Arm? Your team already has 4 tacklers with more potential tacklers rising through the ranks. Yes, ST4 makes Hauclir a good blitzer, but he's also the only player on your team who has any of the important passing skills (sure hands, pass, accurate). Yes, he is already a good passer and probably gets the job done in most situations. But with Strong Arm he can really sit back deep if you want to run a passing game or clear a loose ball to a downfield player without breaking a sweat. Heck, he's already got 71 completions! Why not make it that much easier to break CIBBL records?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2021 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
guard doesnt have to get him killed. guard is a great way to shut off a side, you dont have to be in base contact with him for his guard to be of use. his st4 also helps on him staying alive. and even while left in base, as long as there is some buddies assisting him, trying to get 2d on him will be a struggle.

All Guards are targets on teams without Guard Spam.
They are the 1st player you Knock Down if you can hit them.

It "doesn't have to get him killed". But to USE IT you have to put him into harms way often.
And putting AV7 into harms way often gets players Killed. This is not a player you want Killed. You can stick Guard on some Rookie Lineman that can be replaced (or skilled in a way to keep him alive).

The TV (or TW or whatever they call that now) of a DOUBLE that you aren't using OFTEN is Bloat.

I don't disagree that Guard will not help make the team better. But it won't make the team better for long and will make the team MUCH WORSE once it gets this LEGEND killed.

There are skills that can make this team just as good as Guard would ON THIS PIECE. And if used right they can make this piece and this team BETTER than Guard would.

And GRAB is 1 of those skills... especially if combined with a 2nd Player developed as a Frenzy Blitzer. Cool
 Jump to: