32 coaches online • Server time: 12:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ninzie

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have read the swarming rule and intepreted it so that I can set up my swarming guys on my opponents half. Reasoning:

1) there are no rules, which prevent you from set upping on your opponents half.
1.1) only 1 part of the rulebook mentions how to setup "normally" (drive sequence part 1).

2) Swarming states that it happens after step 2 but before step 3. It says you cannot be placed on Line of Scrimmage or on the Wide Zones.

2.1) So it can be intepreted as "anywhere on the pitch except LoS or WZ". Own half is not mentioned anywhere.

2.2) Rule doesn't state that the models need to be placed as explained on the step 1 "except for LoS and WS". The step 1 should not be read as it is the main rule of the game, that the players must be set up that way ALL THE TIME but only during that step 1 per rules written.

Is there a reason I should expect to set up my swarming players on my own side of the table? If so, then why?

I have also contacted GW with this same question as RAW I don't see why I couldn't place them on the enemy side and RAI well I don't actually know what the intent of GW was regarding this rule.

P.S swarming and "too many players" rules also have a funny interaction. You can place additional models on the table between steps 2 and 3, but the "too many players" can be called afterwards before the first turn of the drive Wink
sebco

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

We also had a debate about that on french forum and I also sent a question to GW for their next FAQ. Hope we'll have an answer in november.

My personal (and subjective) opinion is that you can't place swarming players on opponent half. Swarming description says it "allows you to set up more than the usual 11 players" and "set up" is defined page 40. In this set up definition, this is stated that "both teams set up fully within the area between their own End Zone and the Line of Scrimmage" and "neither team may set up any players beyond the Line of scrimmage in the opposition's half".

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely the action to SET UP can only be done in your OWN hakf
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2021 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Setting up in your opponents half would be a bit silly.
 Jump to: