26 coaches online • Server time: 04:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to seeing what they do with the blood beast mind. I found that tricky to design.
Maybe they'll give him a new skill..

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well, we know a thing for sure about the blood beast.

It will be modeled running with only one foot on the base
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Looking forward to seeing what they do with the blood beast mind. I found that tricky to design.
Maybe they'll give him a new skill..

I think they'll go almost exactly the same as yours.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Roohaa wrote:
Hopping onto this with the newest updated article. Pretty much confirms a big guy: The 'Bloodspawn'. Some quality art as well. The warrior giving the business to that undead pumpkin head with the ref looking on in horror is such quality.

Not bad, but they are a bit cartoony.
Bring back John Blanche style chaos art!

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The roster does look fun and may partly be to appease people who are missing clawpomb. If they don't have general access on blockers they will struggle, but if they do have it they will be a reasonable team that every so often blows opponents off the pitch with the number of blocks. But not brokenly good. Will need a few skillups in the lineup to be effective, as with other blockless chaos. Probably Norse will still look a bit better as a Frenzy side. But Khorne have a bigger cool factor for many.

Will be interesting to see if the Big Guy is amazing.. but doubtful!

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I've been trying get back to fumbbl for months but real life has been insanely taxing for me the last 2 years. Things seem to be on the up at last, so hopefully it won't be too long till I am back properly.
But I've been lurking even in the trying times...

Good to see you back.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
The roster does look fun and may partly be to appease people who are missing clawpomb. If they don't have general access on blockers they will struggle, but if they do have it they will be a reasonable team that every so often blows opponents off the pitch with the number of blocks. But not brokenly good. Will need a few skillups in the lineup to be effective, as with other blockless chaos. Probably Norse will still look a bit better as a Frenzy side. But Khorne have a bigger cool factor for many.

Will be interesting to see if the Big Guy is amazing.. but doubtful!

9/11 players will have better armor than Norse so they won't be the glass cannon once you get them block.

I was hopeful we would get a tier 1 chaos team. Something with real potential to smash things up.

I guess if that is your thing Dwarfs will be the only choice.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs too are good to smash stuff. It's the AV 10+ bash team edition.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2021 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

You might be right. With no claw + Mb to worry about plus random skills that lower TV + Nerf to passing + seasons to keep TV even lower.

Dwarfs and Orcs are likely to shine. Perhaps undead with regen and easy blodgers.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2021 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
As per BT, now it's more or less a wasted skill on anyone except a big guy with ag2 or, paradoxically, ag3 blitzers like humans or orcs. Sauruses, BoBs, Mummies will almost never get it. It wasn't broken, so I keep wondering why they nerfed it so bad.

To me the Break Tackle change is more a casualty of changing the stats to have AG 4+ rather than AG 2. You can no longer just use ST as AG.

Sure they could have made it a flat +2 for everyone or had the break point at ST 4. Overall though it seems a balanced skill for the new rules set.
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2021 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No Bloodthirster? Missed. Opportunity.

Oscar Wilde
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2021 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:
Kondor wrote:
Waiting to see the skills on the big fella. That is a lot of unavoidable frenzy on one team.

Take the 4 Kornigors every time. Everyone else will be frenzied.

If you take 4 khorngors that's only 7 frenzy on the pitch! That's nowhere near enough! It's like Fend, the more you have the better it gets. Max it out. Go big, or go home.

Totally agree. But you COULD take Frenzy on those 4 players when you skilled them.
Problem solved for this faulty team design
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2021 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Grasshugger17 wrote:
Kondor wrote:
Waiting to see the skills on the big fella. That is a lot of unavoidable frenzy on one team.

Take the 4 Kornigors every time. Everyone else will be frenzied.

If you take 4 khorngors that's only 7 frenzy on the pitch! That's nowhere near enough! It's like Fend, the more you have the better it gets. Max it out. Go big, or go home.

Totally agree. But you COULD take Frenzy on those 4 players when you skilled them.
Problem solved for this faulty team design

Yes, for sure, probably after block though. I'd have put frenzy on everyone to start with. Having a player without frenzy because you need a ball handler is against the spirit of the team, in my opinion.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2021 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

You might be right. With no claw + Mb to worry about plus random skills that lower TV + Nerf to passing + seasons to keep TV even lower.

Dwarfs and Orcs are likely to shine. Perhaps undead with regen and easy blodgers.

Maybe I am not familiar enough with the new rules... but this post makes little sense...

The MB was doing nothing to Orcs and Dorfs in the 1st place... you still get the Claw that does the real damage anyway. It turns Orcs into immobile Wood Wood Elves.

Seasons mean Orcs and especially Dorfs must FIRE perfectly healthy players rather than keep developing them into a more efficient cog in a killing and winning machine.
So THAT nerfs the nerf to CLMB stack.
It is like a Mental Judo move forcing your opponent to remove his own players for you.

And with your thought on how MB and Claw don't stack...
perhaps some Coaches might actually take TACKLE instead so that they can FINALLY find out just how fragile Elves really are and stop thinking they are so OP.

The random skills MAYBE makes sense... but random skills are counterproductive to winning... so here it is the rules and not your post that makes little sense.

My point being that... once I won the Chaos XFL and I am not much of a Chaos Coach (I'm not even a top Coach in general). But I WON because I chose WINNING skills and not just KILL STACK skills.
Among the Beastmen I had a DP and an SG. I had 1 Blitzer built around the Kill Stack and 1 built around Tackle (which doesn't just help VS Elves... but nearly all designated Ball Carriers) and 1 built around Frenzy.
The CW were basically expensive Meat Shields built around Block and Guard.

A team with this much Frenzy... I get it that you probably must go Kill Skills constantly. (Even still some TACKLE could kelp with the killing).
But not with Chaos Chosen.
Skill them to WIN over skilling them to KILL and you will WIN with them more (except maybe during the no skills phase). Of course, Killing is part of Winning with them... but it is not any more important than any other aspect of the team.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2021 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Kondor wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Maybe I am not familiar enough with the new rules... but this post makes little sense...

The MB was doing nothing to Orcs and Dorfs in the 1st place... you still get the Claw that does the real damage anyway. It turns Orcs into immobile Wood Wood Elves.

Seasons mean Orcs and especially Dorfs must FIRE perfectly healthy players rather than keep developing them into a more efficient cog in a killing and winning machine.
So THAT nerfs the nerf to CLMB stack.
It is like a Mental Judo move forcing your opponent to remove his own players for you.

And with your thought on how MB and Claw don't stack...
perhaps some Coaches might actually take TACKLE instead so that they can FINALLY find out just how fragile Elves really are and stop thinking they are so OP.

The random skills MAYBE makes sense... but random skills are counterproductive to winning... so here it is the rules and not your post that makes little sense.

My point being that... once I won the Chaos XFL and I am not much of a Chaos Coach (I'm not even a top Coach in general). But I WON because I chose WINNING skills and not just KILL STACK skills.
Among the Beastmen I had a DP and an SG. I had 1 Blitzer built around the Kill Stack and 1 built around Tackle (which doesn't just help VS Elves... but nearly all designated Ball Carriers) and 1 built around Frenzy.
The CW were basically expensive Meat Shields built around Block and Guard.

A team with this much Frenzy... I get it that you probably must go Kill Skills constantly. (Even still some TACKLE could kelp with the killing).
But not with Chaos Chosen.
Skill them to WIN over skilling them to KILL and you will WIN with them more (except maybe during the no skills phase). Of course, Killing is part of Winning with them... but it is not any more important than any other aspect of the team.

My experience with Khorne teams in Secret League is that you skill them exactly as you've described to win. Block, Guard, Tackle, not necessarily the kill stack. A dirty player maybe.
 Jump to: