40 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Agreed but impossible. People would, of course, endlessly remake the team until they got claw.

Well, if they really wanted to do that, ok.
It's really time-consuming.
Also, starting Claw is not so OP.
It's unlikely that, even remaking the team several times, there would be more than 1-2 Claws.
And still, without Block and Mb, Claw is not so OP, especially considering the roster.
It's not a fast team, it lacks starting skills, so I think that, even considering the "I remake team until I get Claws" scenario would not be OP.
Moreover, with Season Redraft it would be hard to exploit the roster.
stej

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Do people feel we will see all 4 "chosen of" teams, and vanilla chaos will be retired?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think so. Chaos Undivided makes sense, according to the fluff.
Waagh

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think we will be seeing any more chaos. looks like some flavor of skaven is next seeing as how there is a new Kreek model
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Waagh wrote:
I don't think we will be seeing any more chaos. looks like some flavor of skaven is next seeing as how there is a new Kreek model

I think he is just another Chaos star; sure he may play for Rats as well but I expect he will be in the Khorne book.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

And NO ONE ever made you play any of those High TV teams. You always had the option to opt-out of building your team that high or accepting any games against teams that high.

So YOUR PREFERENCES have always been available to you and continue to be there. Yet you roll your eyes at a level of play at the TOP of the game? Please.

Your lack of appreciation for the EPIC battles of fully developed teams and disdain for a few "lucky" skill rolls in a game of rolling "lucky" dice denies the game its true Major Leagues Level of play relegating the Sport(game) to Children's Recreation League levels of play.

How could a Sport so popular that it is played around the World in Huge Stadiums full of Fans NOT reach a level of NBA Basketball, Premier League Soccer, the NFL etc etc etc... but only exist at 1350 TV or so?

Why hasn't Renaldo been fired for being too expensive by now? Why isn't he playing with a new team of Rookies every season? Maybe it is because it is RIDICULOUS to do such a thing IRL and in the game.

Why do players have the ability to have 6 skills (sometimes 7 in some versions of the rules) at 100's of SPPS if the game is not MEANT to advance teams towards that HIGH TV?

Nobody has ever tried to hinder YOUR FUN. But you cheerlead for hindering the fun of others. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Spoonie wrote:
Yeah I just plain disagree with all that. I never liked the fact that online bloodbowl had an endless infinite bloat style default game mode in the first place. I feel like redrafting and the level up system get rid of a lot of stuff I really just didn't care for about playing the game in an online setting.

Your MONSTER LEGEND status is riding on the team name, I suppose. How teams play getting totally turned upside down at high tv combined with the random stat rolls made it always feel to me that the most defining feature of teams was how many carefully groomed game breaking stat freaks they had.

With the new systems, you avoid things like chaos going from blundering doofuses to elite murder squad because of the fact that they have more good skills to take and infinite opportunity to earn them. And having things like a double +AG Bull Centaur or what-have-you that could really shake up the way a team plays has a direct opportunity cost instead of just being a combination of time and luck.

Overall my experience with 2k+ TV has been pretty much just eye rolling, I always felt like the game just fell apart and just 'didn't work'. So a little 'franchise mode' resigning of players and resetting to a modest TV sounds much preferable.

Last edited by Catalyst32 on Oct 06, 2021 - 19:09; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst tone down the caps lock Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2021 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Catalyst tone down the caps lock Very Happy

No. Or maybe I should say NO.

Besides... I don't use Caps Lock I use the Shift key.
And I do so for emphasis not YELLING. There are ZERO exclamation points in singular (!) or triplicate (!!!) form as evidence.
And this is a FORUM, not a CHAT ROOM. Those stupid rules of internet grammar do not apply here.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!! (ok that was shouted but Gandalf was shouting and I am quoting/paraphrasing him.)
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Grammar is more important on a forum than a chat room. The posts are not as throwaway..

However if you are using Khorne you are encouraged to use caps for in game chat with such comments as "MAIM HIM" when you are about to blitz, "DIE WEAKLING" as you fluke some dice or "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" when an opponent player dies on a gfi. Perhaps while the other coach types "WAAAAAGH!" and bellows at home.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloodspawn here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/11/unleash-the-bloodspawn-and-paint-the-astrogranite-red-with-gore/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Facebook&utm_term=BloodspawnReveal111021&utm_content=BloodspawnReveal111021
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Chivite wrote:
I would expect the big guy to be an animal savagery yehtee with no disturbing presence for a 10k reduction

I doubt it. Khorne is a favorite for GW. My guess is that they want to make it a tier 1 team and make it the most pain inducing team at the same time.

Unchanneled Fury, Claw, Mighty Blow on the Blood Spawn
Mighty Blow on the warriors
Khorngors and/or marauders with frenzy

Well look at that. Somehow I managed to guess one correctly. Mark the date on the calendar for posterity.

Now I am just waiting to see what the perk is for being favored of Khorne.
Azur

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanog wrote:
Bloodspawn here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/11/unleash-the-bloodspawn-and-paint-the-astrogranite-red-with-gore/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Facebook&utm_term=BloodspawnReveal111021&utm_content=BloodspawnReveal111021

Thanog!!!!!
My brother-in-law!!!!!!
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The last thing we need to learn are if Khorne has access to an Apothecary, and how much are the rerolls. Once we have that, they can be added to the official team list.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
The last thing we need to learn are if Khorne has access to an Apothecary, and how much are the rerolls. Once we have that, they can be added to the official team list.

That is the secret information they will give you in the Spike! Magazine. I expect 60k and Yes.
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2021 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

We also need to know their skill access.

I expect 70k RRs like Nurgle.
 Jump to: