17 coaches online • Server time: 04:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2021 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion is the overall head honcho. He was for seasons.

I like having a separate no seasons area. But I imagine that it would be difficult to get an open game and like [SL16] be mainly tournament games.

I have previously mentioned bring back the O[L]C for this purpose.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2021 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I don t really like seasons like they are in the BB2020 Rulesets, but if we where able to have some teams in the 1800-2000 TV range with seasons it s a fine point for me.
Bram

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2021 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

BB 2020 is all still new to me.

Regardless, part of the fun for me is building a team. Losing perfectly healthy players just because a season ended is no fun for me. I happily take 3 RIPs any game. After all the game is called BLOODbowl. In my view players should die on the pitch or get fired after an injury.

I understand that the new skilling system comes with its own dynamics that probably should be countered before it gets out of control, but still seasons don't seem the optimal solution to me...
SavageJ

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2021 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes to seasons in the main SL2020 group.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2021 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

no seasons, let the teams grow to legends.

Java

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2021 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in favour of seasons

regarding the cap, teams can generally grow by several hundreds K in a single season

if you want to allow 2million teams (and that seems already quite a lot to me) then the cap should be 1.7-1.8mil
Kzarik

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2021 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't personally mind seasons, but I absolutely despise the +20k or + anything for keeping a player.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2021 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking through the proposal, my main preference would be to remove Expensive Mistakes,IF there are 15 game Seasons. As I don't see the utility of expensive mistakes with seasons, as you can only stockpile so much gold anyways before it all goes away on the new season.

As a second request, I'd like to see "zero cumulative fee seasons" set to 1. ie the first season a character is in doesn't count against the agent fee. Especially when a new character is hired late in a season, it seems like you shouldn't have to pay extra to keep them.

On the larger question of having seasons or not, I don't have a strong opinion, and I only play intermittently these days, so I don't expect it to affect me significantly.
 Jump to: