59 coaches online • Server time: 22:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should WIL proceed?
Play this season to the end. Keep group as a Veteran's league and start a new with fresh teams
87%
 87%  [ 27 ]
Continue until old teams can be ported
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Other - comments below
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A continuation of this tread on the future of WIL after 2020 client.

There has be many opinions voiced before the client was here, and now (hopefully) all of us have some experience with the new client.

In order to better understand where we stand on the big topic, porting old teams or not, I have created a small poll.

Basic info: it is unclear when a migration option for League would be available, and WIL is not staffed to do the migration manually - edit player skills, replacing old ones not longer valid with new.

Read how SWL have taken the consequence and started with all new teams, and introduced seasons and supporting bigger teams as per division. The old 2016 teams have been adapted to SWL Fridge.

And now to the poll - WIL coaches, present and returning only, please:

Last edited by DaCoach on Oct 20, 2021 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total
PeteW

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe worth adding that the Veteran's league can be for both old WIL teams, and current WIL teams. (But not non-WIL teams).

I guess people could start a 2016 team and join the veteran's league, if they prefer 2016 rules and progression, leading to the mega-big teams. But it would be a rocky start going up against my necro and Gazza's orcs etc!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DC - good stuff on tbe active front of producing the post and a poll.

I opted for change, with legacy league
W

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of thoughts:

Splitting into both a veteran's league and a new teams league may divide interest to the point where one or both becomes unviable due to lack of interest.

I'm assuming the site will eventually drop support for 2016 rules, meaning that even a veteran's league will have to be ported eventually.

Therefore, I'm not convinced creating a veteran's league and a 2020 rules league side by side is a good idea. If we do decide to go this route, I would only play in one of the two due to availability concerns.

On the other hand, there isn't much value in porting existing teams to 2020 rules to me, as the season structure of the 2020 rules would soon change them beyond recognizability. The only problem would be that my favorite name for a lizardmen team would already be taken Wink

Therefore, I would personally advocate that we bite the bullet and switch to the 2020 rules ASAP, without the creation of a veteran's league.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If a team has not played any games outside the league, can they come back?

Even if it has been 13 years? Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect the vet's league would only be for a relatively small number of current coaches, who would either play both, or not want to start playing with new teams anyway. So, I doubt it would divide interest.

Koadah - yes of course!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2021 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

No pie? Standards are slipping. Wink
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2021 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think out of those three options its clear which one will win the vote.

The standard rule applies in any multiple choice test, if in doubt choose the longest answer.
 Jump to: