57 coaches online • Server time: 22:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BarkingMark

Post 1 Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I have noticed that when hypnotic gazing on a vampire in BB2020 one must roll a 4+ on Animal Savagery.
Whereas according to the 2020 Rule Book it should be a 2+.

"...roll a D6, applying a +2 modifier to the dice roll if you declared the player would perform a block or blitz action (or special action granted by a Skill or Trait that can be performed instead of a Block action)"

Additionally this makes me think that the choice to perform a hypnotic gaze should be selected upon activation of the vampire rather than after his movement.

A correction to the vampire code would be greatly appreciated ! Very Happy

Cheers,
sebco

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hypnotic gaz isn't "a special action that can be performed instead of a Block action" like Projectile vomit, Chainsaw and Stab. It's only a special action. So FUMBBL client 4+ roll is correct.

This is confirmed in GW FAQ.

Q : If a model with the Animal Savagery trait wishes to use the hypnotic Gaze trait, will the bonus +2 to their Animal Savagery roll as if they were performing a Block or a Blitz action ? (p.81 & 85)
A: No.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The fumbbl client is correct here: it does require a 4+ to do hypno gaze.

Hypnotic gaze is its own action and does not replace a block or blitz. A stab, vomit or chainsaw are examples of special actions which DO replace blocks or blitzes.

On the downside it requires a 4+ instead of a 2+. On the upside it means you can perform unlimited Hypnogazes rather than just one, and that it does not use up your blitz action.

Time to get Pro on those vamps to re-roll the animal sav roll!

(For clarification this was made clear in the most recent FAQ)

Edit: Sebco got in with a reply just before me saying the exact same thing
 Jump to: