50 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2021 - 09:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Socrates Conference LXXXV
Game 5: Sharpers's Chaos Dwarf "Bronzed Raiders"Image

BUG!

I think it says a lot about how solid FUMBBL is, when after over 200 games of SWL I can't recall any games that were affected by a client crash or a game changing bug. Apart from the tough guy Caging Rollins shaking off a serious injury. But that was a freak event never replicated so didn't even make the Bugs log.

Today's bug is a bit more well known. Tree rolls to take root and fails, tree automatically stands up rooted. Did it make a difference this game? If the 50% stand up roll on guard Large Woodie had failed, the 2D push to open the gap would have been a 1D. Lots of what ifs in that one. Let's just watch the replay....

Hardly the biggest highlight of the game. There was a wizard, 1D hits, -2D strip, long passes, and importantly some sweet sweet KO rolls.

Full time 2-0 (1/0/0 - 2/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2021 - 07:10
FUMBBL Staff

Socrates Conference LXXXV
Game 7: JoeKano's Slann "Skye Hoppers!"Image

Back in Round 1, I tried and failed to demonstrate how BB20 would change things. Well against Slann there's sure to be a difference... sadly there is no Slann in BB20.

So let's not mention the frog leaping shenanigans in this game, and instead focus on the mighty wood elves.

Turn 8:

Wardancer leap
BB16: 3+ [3] Success \o/
BB20: 2+ (-2 markers +1 for leap skill) = 3+ [3] Success \o/ but hang on... there's a diving tackle to consider in BB20 FAIL

Dodgy lino pass
BB16: 3+ [2] team rr [4] Success \o/
BB20: 5+ [2] team rr [4] FAIL

Of course the Dancer might have found a different way to avoid that leap in BB20. There'd be no Slann blitzer to dodge away from for a start. Space frogs don't exist. Sad

Full time 2-0 (1/0/0 - 2/2/0)

------

Another win in conferences. That's 4 times in 10 appearances at that tier. Pretty happy with that.

Less happy with my record in Prem, how will I get on there in S86? We won't get to find out. After 13 seasons plus cups (106 games) with Freezy Trees and 15 seasons (104 games) with Bravado it's finally time to have a break from SWL.

Why? Clearly the elves are shit scared of Skitter Stab-Stab. He lives up there.

o/
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2021 - 22:09
FUMBBL Staff

So in SWL you're allowed to park your team for up to 5 seasons. If you don't come back within this period, the players are deemed to have gone their separate ways and are done for good. After a three season break I was all set to clip the ticket with Bravado, reset the timer and see how things felt before (potentially) going back on holiday.

But then BB20 happened. It was pretty clear to me a few weeks ago that Glee Strawberry and co would not be returning to the pitch. So I've been stretching my Wood Elf legs instead in DIBBL Shiny with the Brave Dodos.

And what did SWL do when they flicked the switch to BB20? Not quite a full reset. New teams had to be made, but you could keep your franchise if you liked. It meant that some racial drafts would be prized possessions and you'd need to be very lucky to get them. I wanted Underworld, but JPM and HaruHaru had decided they'd like to keep their franchises meaning it was highly unlikely I'd get them. SWL balances things out with races and classes of races (Rock/Paper/Scissors/Dynamite). I was also drawn to Black Orcs for the novelty value. Beyond that though, there is the nagging knowledge that scheduling in too many leagues can be quite stressful.

My full draft list:

Underworld
Black Orc
continued holiday.

Clearly I got one, or I wouldn't have rebooted this blog.

I'd wanted to use the team name GG Luckers for a while. I hate with a passion the premature "gg", and being called a "lucker" really triggers me. So I embraced the rage!

50 teams have signed up to SWL in its first BB20 season. 5 pools of 8 a 6th of 10. I'm in the 10, which means two byes. And by the luck of the draw I miss out on fling fun which is sad. Saves me the embarrassment of fling fun though, which is a bit of a relief.

So who am I up against in SWL Season 89?:

SWL JoeKano's Skye Conference

Image Tor Yvresse Griffonz (griffonnz)
Image New Blacktown Expatriates (ClayInfinity)
Image Call of the Zombie (Angryman)
Image Talons of the Warp (Hyton)
Image Little Rip-snorters (Nubs11)
Image [SWL] Mandatory Happiness (Kransky)
Image Grim Mountain Grudgebearers (Semitence)

GG Luckers!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to our match!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 05:51
FUMBBL Staff

Game 1: griffonnz's Elf "Tor Yvresse Griffonz"Image

What do you mean fouls don't count towards the team cas count anymore?

BB20 Cas count:
+1 (1/0/0) - (0/0/0)

BB16 Cas count (includes fouls):
+3 (1/1/1) - (0/0/0)

GG Cas count (includes foul and surfs):
+4 (1/2/1) - (0/0/0)

Hey we're a grab team! It counts!

15 seasons, 104 games of posting Bravado's elf BS. I guess it's only fair that I'm on the receiving end. Yeah, it's not too BS - I just want to show off my garish new wide zones.

Final Score 1-1 (1/2/1) - (0/0/0)
oozeboss

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2021 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

And very impressive wide zones they are. There was wide spread admiration for them in the peanut gallery.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 02:06
FUMBBL Staff

Game 2: ClayInfinity's Black Orc "New Blacktown Expatriates"Image

Mirror match. ex-SWL dorf coach vs ex-SWL wood elf coach. I felt I was going to get positionally outplayed. Also, I'd never beaten Clay, it was going to be tough.

Maybe my single skill (mighty blow borc) could help give me the edge. Or perhaps I'd suffer at the boot of his single skill (sneaky git).

Boot beat blow.

However, ex-wood elf coach found a few options Go the dodging Borc!
With no guard on the pitch it's pretty hard to protect a goblin from a 1D goblin hit. Fortunately a nice scatter had given it to a Borc channeling his inner elf.

T8 though, saw a no-reroll 1-turner reply.

Half time 1-1

With no guard on the pitch it's pretty hard to protect a goblin from a 1D goblin hit. The Luckers lucked it, and the GG goblin who recovered the ball refused to go down.

Final Score 2-1 (0/0/0) - (1/2/0)*

Niggled Borc apo'ed, MA3 Borc replaced, Niggled goblin sacked. I need me a sneaky git.

*GG Cas count (includes foul and surfs)

Last edited by ramchop on Nov 12, 2021 - 20:47; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2021 - 20:45
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: Angryman's Undead "Call of the Zombie"Image

Glorious!
(though that offset at the top bugged me all game. whose fault is it?)

Less glorious was the performance of the Black Orcs. Outmuscled, outplayed, outcoached.

Final Score 0-2 (0/2/0) - (1/1/0)*

*GG Cas count (includes foul and surfs). On this occasion it matches the BB20 stats. Undead and Borc need to up their fouling games.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 20:53
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: Hyton's Chaos "Talons of the Warp"Image

I love trolls. Not too long ago my trolls Punishing Wounders won the Oceanic Secret League's Sucker Cup. A four round KO tournament. However, trolls do have their drawbacks.

Happily today's drawback story is not about the GG troll, the mighty, Whātaitai. Instead we turn to a new position in BB20, the Chaos Troll. The appropriately named Brain Rot.

Three double skulls for each side in this game. Brain Rot accounted for two of them. Loner 4+ failed both times.

Paparangi followed up knocking out the troll with a nice Image rr Image
Caught the scatter in 4 TZs
Withstood a 2d blitz Image Image rr Image Image
Blitzed through a goat Image Image
Blitzed off a goat Image Image rr Image Image
Blitzed off a warrior Image and scored!

<Hyton> round of applause for Paparangi the untouchable
<ramchop> you touched him, just not in a bad way

Final Score 2-0 (0/0/0) - (0/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 09:28
FUMBBL Staff

Game 5: Nubs11's Lizardmen "Little Rip-snorters"Image

0/0/0 again!
Zero hurt, zero injuries, zero kills!

5 games, 225 blocks, 3 cas. Pathetic!

How pathetic? With the round 5 deadline approaching, all of the 50 teams in SWL are on 4 or 5 games played. GGs are this pathetic:

2nd to last. It's a bit hard to develop the black orcs when they aren't firing.

Oh well, can't complain. Another win to the Luckers.

Final Score 2-1 (0/0/0) - (1/0/0)
mekutata

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Can still rename them to Unluckers.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2021 - 06:35
FUMBBL Staff

Game 6: Kransky's Dark Elf "[SWL] Mandatory Happiness"Image

It had to happen. A mere 2 games after mocking the misfortune of another team's Troll, I'd find myself relying on my own Big Guy.

The game had swung all over the place.

Dark Elves had taken the ball off the Luckers in the first half... and failed to score.
Luckers had taken the ball off the Dark Elves in the second half... and failed to score.

And then a filthy blodge Av6 (or Av7+ if you insist) witch elf got the ball and ran.

Time to rely on the Troll. Vomit on that blodger!

At least he didn't kill himself.

Final Score 0-1 (0/0/0) - (2/0/0)

ps - we really need a vomit sound effect. Maybe PurpleChest could audition the guests on his next podcast for something appropriate.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 21:59
FUMBBL Staff

Game 7: Semitence's Dwarf "Grim Mountain Grudgebearers"Image

Remember that pretty graph I posted in the Game 5 report? Well after the 0/0/0 against the DElves, the Luckers were firmly in last place on the Cas per Blocks ladder. But rather than mention it in the last report, I held off. Knowing that I was facing AV9 Dorfs in the final round I'd wait and post a really spectacular Cas fail graph for the full season.

Except this happened:

Taking mighty blow as a first skill on a BOrc can have its benefits. Both Troll Slayers out after 2 turns.

Grab is also a nice skill to have:

Actually, with the knockdowns Grab didn't really come into play in that example. Maybe dorfs without guard and a friendly crowd throw is an even nicer skill to have.

Final Score: 2-0 (1/2/0) - (1/0/0)

And that's the season done. The GGs finished 5th in the 10 team pool (pipped by flings in 4th on strength of schedule tiebreaker). A fairly respectable record of 4/1/2 - best of the three BOrc teams in SWL. Re-draft will be easy this time, we get to keep everything.

I enjoyed the season. Was a little disappointed with the slow BOrc development, but all the games were fun contests. Hoping for more blood in S90.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2022 - 19:40
FUMBBL Staff

After a long summer break the GGs are back. 8 weeks between the Luckers' last game and this season's first. I wonder if we've learned how to punch in our down time.

What do we have to bash our way through to get to Prem?

SWL XC Torduken Conference

Image Flower Beard (cullymon) 1260k (3/1/3)
Image Killer Heelz (Reggiesson) 1310k (3/2/2)
Image Munchausen Moonrakers (Wozzaa) 1170k (4/1/2)
Image Diminished Leaves (Dazedmw) 1360k (3/1/3)
Image Banner of the Black Stag (buuface) 1270k (4/0/3)
Image Bronzed Raiders (Sharper) 1260k (3/3/1)
Image Black Lagoon Go-Go Bar (Balle2000) 1380k (4/1/2)

A tough pool. Not a single losing record amongst this lot (yet).
ramchop

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2022 - 22:40
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XC Torduken Conference
Game 1: cullymon's Dwarf "Flower Beard"Image

Dorfs again. These ones a more typical variety, no random skill allocation. Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard.

The GGs finished their rebuy with cash in the pocket. What to do? It was unlikely this money would be needed to replace a broken team after only one game, and if I didn't spend it we'd encounter expensive mistakes pretty soon. So I dipped into the 225k and bought 2 bribes. If we can't punch their way to the injury box, then we'll stomp them. This did give the dorfs a pair of prayers though....

Prayer Roll [ 15 ]
Under Scrutiny
For this half: Fouls by opposing players are always spotted

Nooooo!!!!!

The first half was tough. Get punched by dorfs. Stand up. Get punched by dorfs. AV9 what could go wrong, only a mighty blow troll slayer to worry about. Then an opening

T3:

What a lovely scatter. New game plan. Stand around ball. Get punched by dorfs. Stand up.

Worked pretty well until T8...

Thank you Nuffle! At the end of Beard's T8 they'd outblocked the GGs 29-18. Killed a rookie BOrc, injured a gob, and niggled a rookie Troll. I let the BOrc die, but then apoed the Troll.

Half time 0-0

Second half was a game of cat and mouse. Dorf cat, goblin mouse. It wasn't until T6 that we got the ball over the halfway line.

Final Score: 1-0 (0/0/0) - (1/1/1)

It seems we still don't know how to punch.
 Jump to: