33 coaches online • Server time: 11:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

One purpose of the rules is to avoid endless debates based on personal opinions and preferences.

How is that working out for ya? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Its probably great for the forum if we turn every topic into "lol Dakka bad"
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering T16 foul bad or right it's a game ethics judgement, and people's game ethics may vary. Therefore it's better to follow the site rules on that matter.

When I endlessly debate about stupid designed BB rules, such as Season Re-Draft, which is not logical from a gaming point of view because makes some teams frustrating to play and encourages playing tier 1 teams, it's a game mechanics judgement, which is based on easy to understand reasons and backed up by logic.
Comparing an ethical judgement about T16 foul to a critic to Season Re-Draft rule (or other BB rules) is wrong.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

stowelly wrote:
"Do not discuss or agree on in-game events. This includes agreeing on not fouling or behaviour that implies an agreement such as clicking end turn for a significant part of the game." https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

Well I am talking about a game where the other team is pretty much destroyed and I'm about to score on T13 or so (like this one for example). I would be very surprised if Fumbbl rules mean to punish me for sparing my opponent the pain of having to set up for another pointless drive and potentially suffering even more SIs. Surely mercy is not a crime? I think the spirit of that rule is to prevent fake matches to get MNGs back, or "no blocks" Elfbowl shenanigans.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I always look at it this way.

If you don't turn 16 foul, you can't foul 16 turns.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Silent_Hastati wrote:
I always look at it this way.

If you don't turn 16 foul, you can't foul 16 turns.

16+ turns. There might always be the sneaky Blitz Kick-Off event.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There are just a few circumstances in which you are not allowed to foul in turn 16:
1) there are no downed players of the opponent
2) there are downed players but they are out of reach (including two GFIs)
3) you have run out of players yourself, and can only do some LoS blocking
4) this one is open to debate: You can score in turn 16 and are afraid to foul before scoring
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

5) You've 'Piledriven' a player already in Turn 16
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimrod wrote:
Hi guys,

Quick question on etiquette... I played a match where it was going badly for my opponent, many injuries etc and I was a goal up early in the second half and in running distance of the line. Was little my opponent could do and he started saying I should just run the clock down to turn 8 rather than score as I did. Saying "dick move" etc. In the end it cost me a third touchdown as I said I wasn't aware of this etiquette being recently back after a long time off.

Is that the done thing? I am not great at BB and am more often than not getting my share of thorough drubbings, I don't recall anyone not scoring unless to hold a lead and attack players (which I think is harsher if anything!). I don't even foul! I'm now thinking I should have just scored the 3rd TD, I recently lost 4-0 from a similar position after elves beat up my Khorne. Very Happy

there is no rule that forces you to pass turns if you have a strong advantage. You can score as many TDs as you want . Theoretically you could also commit fouls as you want but if you don't have a tactial reason to do so (e.g. because there is a nuffle prayer that gives you SPP) someone can argue. But it is my opinion that expecially if you play bash against agile teams it is right to exterminate their team and score as many TDs as you can (there is always TD in a turn remember!).

The only thing that is allowed - from an etiquette point of view, not from a strict rules point of view - is that if you are on the "other side of the Moon", i.e. if you are the one who suffers so many losses you can - instead of conceding - let the turns pass and if you want to tell your opponent you can tell him. But he does not necessarily have to refrain from making blocks or fouls.

In sum there is NO rule in this sense. I can understand your opponent's frustration though. Some people, to avoid having their team slaughtered, concede (but you can generally concede if you have two YES players and you have already used the APO).

This game is dominated by dice. The power of the dice is at least influencing 30% of the score (and sometime if you play vs an opponent of the same level with similar team usually dice is up to 50% of the results)
Is not like Chess ...
Unfortunately
Wink
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well its written in the rules:
"Do not discuss or agree on in-game events. This includes agreeing on not fouling or behaviour that implies an agreement such as clicking end turn for a significant part of the game."
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

All the Justification I need for Fouling any Turn but especially Turn 16. There are Race specific AND Positional entries that are empty... they all need at least 1 player on them!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

if theyre still twitching you havent fouled enough, if theyre still screaming you need to hit em harder, and if the scoreboard doesnt look like the other team didnt show up then you need to run faster Smile

anyone telling you otherwise is being a coward and forgetting that this is a BLOOD SPORT... BLOOD= killing stuff and maiming, and SPORT= bigger win is more money, get those TDs in mate!
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
It is a little against the etiquette to FOUL on Turn 16 if you are the 2nd team to go... maybe not if you rare the team that reaches Turn 16 1st.

The consensus I know of is that you are free to foul on turn 16.

In fact, it's encouraged ("fouling on turn 16 is a sign of respect") AND can be meaningful in case you ever run against that particular team again in the future.

Catalyst32 wrote:
That is the Etiquette that most Coaches follow. Like it or not. Them's the FACTS.

Maybe around your table or whatever place you frequent, but it is not an objective truth. Like it or not.

"Fouling on Turn 16 is a sign of respect" is a Blood Bowl Forums Troll saying that many have adopted much like "kill all men's".
It IS NOT the etiquette of the game.

Just because you are not civilized does not make it any less the standard etiquette of the game.
Barbarians rarely follow the established etiquette because they do not know it
Like it or not. .
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
stowelly wrote:
"Do not discuss or agree on in-game events. This includes agreeing on not fouling or behaviour that implies an agreement such as clicking end turn for a significant part of the game." https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

Happy 16th-turn fouling, guys!!! Very Happy

Proper etiquette is an UNSPOKEN RULE.

I have never said you can't Foul all you want. Just that it is not appropriate etiquette to Turn 16 Foul when it is a meaningless foul.

If you don't know that it is because others have Not Spoken to you about it as the civilized would never do. It is not their fault you are heathens. Rolling Eyes

That is all.
It is nothing to get so bent out of shape over. It isn't cool. And you are also not cool if you do it without an in game reason for doing so.

I am just telling this young man what all of you should know from being alive.
You would not invite a Barbarian over for Tea a 2nd Time if you had him over the 1st time and he behaved like a Barbarian. Heavens forbid!!!

So if you want to be invited to play Blood Bowl more often you should consider playing with proper etiquette INSTEAD of doing things that encourage others to NOT play YOU or to NOT play anyone AT ALL. Rolling Eyes

Though I am sure some in our user base are such hopelessly, anti-social Nerds that they find anything other than "kill all men's" as a policy impossible not just in Blood Bowl but in life as well.

You would think they don't want to isolate themselves from the only friends they do have. Their online friends. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Catalyst32 on Nov 27, 2021 - 04:05; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

the in game reason is that if your opponent knows you will foul on turn 16, then they may choose not to score, rather than being fouled.

always turn 16 foul, in case the fear of it makes your opponent choose a bad decision and allows you to win or draw, where otherwise you would not.
 Jump to: