20 coaches online • Server time: 03:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you feel about Min TV + Max Inducements
It's all part of the fun
49%
 49%  [ 37 ]
It's a little unethical
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
It should be banned
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Morg ate all the pies!
26%
 26%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 75

ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2022 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Does the win% data actually suggesting something is off - both in terms of the roster performance, but also in terms of the performance of the coaches utilising the roster in tournaments?

I agree with a lot of stuff you say, but you don't think a 78 % win rate suggest something is off? That means that these coaches will go to final on average EVERY RRR when they bring Morgsnots.

Even if they are top coaches they still have to go through a lot of other top coaches. And I would say its near impossible for anyone (except Storr) to have that win% in RRRs where things usually are a bit more random.

Also, with no disrespect, but I haven't seen any of the guys in this thread defending the Morgsnots playing in many RRRs so far.

The only reason I stick with it is that I prefer playing tournaments. When smacks are back I will leave the rumbles and never look back as long as Morg is sucking out all the fun.

It's a small sample size of results taken from a period of time in which a metapick has emerged and no-one has contrived to create a counterpick/strategy. I've also witnessed quite a few matches where there was definitely a massive psychological element to the games.

I'm not too surprised no one has come in to defend the roster specifically (although I would say Java has come rather close); not everyone reads the forums. I would note that at least one coach is using the roster as a protest against others using it, which reminds me somewhat of the coaches who used cpomb "to show how broken it is" for years.

I won't comment on every single coach who's employed this strategy, but I would point out that one of the other coaches has won RRRs with 19 of the (now) 28 races. Another is to massively understate things, regarded as "quite good" at NAF and BB in general having won a host of tournaments in various formats and packages.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2022 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

I won't comment on every single coach who's employed this strategy, but I would point out that one of the other coaches has won RRRs with 19 of the (now) 28 races. Another is to massively understate things, regarded as "quite good" at NAF and BB in general having won a host of tournaments in various formats and packages.

Well there is still quite a leap from being "quite good" to have a 78% win rate in rumbles. I have a 75% winrate vs these two coaches (if I guess the coaches correctly), in RRRs even though they are far superior coaches.

The sample size is of course mega super small, but my point is that these games are more random than normal. And there are a lot of better coaches than me that you have to beat to get to a final.

But sure, the 78% winrate might be due to variance. Lets hope so.
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2022 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not defending anything, I'm just fueling the fire.

On that note, here's three (edit: FIVE, afaik) more links for my collection

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4357184
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4355959
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4358616
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4363472
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4365657

Hey, you know what else sucks the fun out of the game when you face them with weaker teams? One of those match ups where you feel like you're just going through the motions? One of those where I could almost recycle the anti-Morg arguments word for word? DWARVES.

But you don't see me calling for them to be removed from the game.

Well, not every other day.

Ok, at least not in a dedicated thread.

Razz

Last edited by Java on Feb 17, 2022 - 22:28; edited 1 time in total
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2022 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:

Hey, you know what else sucks the fun out of the game when you face them with weaker teams? One of those match ups where you feel like you're just going through the motions? One of those where I could almost recycle the anti-Morg arguments word for word? DWARVES.

Razz

If everyone would go full blown metamaniacs we should only see Morgsnots and Dwarves in RRR. Sounds like fun times!

EDIT - also Dwarves have always been boring, so everyone is used to the horrible pain of dorf grinds. But snotlings were the coolest kids in rrr-town half a year ago.
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2022 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

So if we wait long enough, Morglings will be fine and dandy, too!

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2022 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
So if we wait long enough, Morglings will be fine and dandy, too!

Touché!
 Jump to: