32 coaches online • Server time: 14:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should WIL go forward?
Keep bb2020 skill progression (and redraft in some form)
70%
 70%  [ 28 ]
Migrate to bb2016 skill progression (no redraft)
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 40

koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah wrote:

The problem really though, is that you are trying to accommodate two conflicting ways of playing the game.
Some people are going to have to suck it up or move on.

Or I suppose you could have yet another split.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I joined WIL for testing and trying to enjoy all of the new BB2020 rules against top coaches who (in my mind) would not have total mega-monster teams compared to a newer league participant. I suspected this would encourage more coaches to try and compete with the more 'fun' team types. (Goblins, when not in a sea of Tackle equipped amazon or orks, etc)
If the high can only get so high, it's less threatening to start low, and be of a lower tier.

I have 5+ years of custom leagues with custom skilling, etc, and looked forward to the BB2020 structure in WIL. (And SWL.. and taking my own custom league to nearly full BB2020) I would not stay if it was customized wrt skilling, but did enjoy very much playing with all of you in this last season, and thank the managers for it!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted by mistake, I thought it was the Secret Isle.
sorry
Kinks

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Early polling looks fairly clear. Purplegoo, has a good point about new teams. Would it my more sense to convert WIL veterans to 2020, but keep BB16 skilling and no redrafting? Also, if that happens can I apply?

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DaCoach wrote:
Thx uzkulak, clear talk.
Please elaborate on deviation from rules. Is that to stay 100% true to C, or same framework as C? - There's a lot of freedom to https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=2314 play with:
Season lenght, Redraft Cap, Winnings as well as agent fees.
Just so I have a rough understanding.

No worries mate. I agree with Lyracian's comment. All the things you discuss here are optional elements that players understand will be different depending on the format of any particular competition. So, I don't believe decisions made in these areas would significantly affect WIL's ability to recruit new players.

However, I do continue to believe a redraft cap on the higher side combined with lower agent fees is a necessary compromise to mollify some of the old guard.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Early polling looks fairly clear. Purplegoo, has a good point about new teams. Would it my more sense to convert WIL veterans to 2020, but keep BB16 skilling and no redrafting? Also, if that happens can I apply?

Hey! Hands off WIL Veterans! Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:

Pete and I have discussed that, as playing under 2016 rules seems dead, even for veterans
But not sure we can pull off migrating teams, as the original WIL is a group under League rather than a League of its own, so no control to edit players.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

DaCoach wrote:
Kinks wrote:

Pete and I have discussed that, as playing under 2016 rules seems dead, even for veterans
But not sure we can pull off migrating teams, as the original WIL is a group under League rather than a League of its own, so no control to edit players.

Simple.
Import the Standard [L] teams (ruleset 4) into a custom league (ruleset 4 or other). Then you have full control.

Please give coaches a chance to move their teams out before importing though. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
However, I do continue to believe a redraft cap on the higher side combined with lower agent fees is a necessary compromise to mollify some of the old guard.

Agent fees are completely unfun, being forced to retire most of a team each season. From what I understand, the idea was to prevent unstoppable uber players playing season after season. From what I can see, the opposite is true, players with no or only 1 or 2 skills are retired as not worth it in order to afford and maintain the "problem" players. Any fun different rando skill lino's are unlikely to see a second season.

Surely if people wanted to start each season with a fresh rookie team each season the would play a non-progression league or regen league? That's effectively what redrafting is.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand that agents also want to earn some money. But their price is clearly too steep. They are contraproductive for themselves (most of the time they don’t get paid) and for their clients (who get fired). They should clearly lower their prices, or choose to represent only the biggest starts (only Stars, Super Stars and Legends represented by agents, the rookies, experienced and veterans are without agents.) I hope the emperor will soon act and write a new decree on agent fees.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I am with you there. The agents associated with the White Isle League will not bother taking you on before having proven yourself over several seasons.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Good input all around.
Keep it coming so we have a clear direction forward as we embark on Season LXII
Sableheart

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed with Purple. Given that we've restarted with new teams for the purpose of following 2020 rules and redrafting, we should actually follow 2020 rules and redraft.

The veterans league split off precisely to allow for the experience of epic teams full of legendary players.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=ramchop&id=23941

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2022 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I was dubious to begin with but I have come to like the BB2020 new rules set. I must admit however I do not like the redraft rules.

I just like building up a team over a period of time and developing it as well as actually playing them on the pitch.
 Jump to: