25 coaches online • Server time: 09:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pfinferno

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2022 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone.
This came up as a debate because of the Scharlitan coaching staff in deathzone that gives d3players pro. I thought it would be alright for vampires in a 3 vamp, 3 reroll, 9 thrall roster but was reminded about the faq and players without tackle zones not being able to use skills.

My deep dive on this made me think that you could indeed use pro to reroll animal savagery (or bonehead) if the player had lost their tackle zone the previous a tivation and here is my arguement.

Animal savagery says:
"When this player is activated, even if they are prone or have lost their tackle zone immediately after declaring the action they will perform, but before performing the action

If this player is not currently adjacent to any standing team-mates, this player's activation ends immediately. Additionally, this player loses their tackle zone until they are next activated"

And under activations
"A standing player that loses their tackle zone should be turned to face one of the sidelines. The player should be left facing the sideline until their next activation begins." This would also be in line with this player loses their tackle zone until they are next activated

My reading of this in order

-Player does not have tackle zone. They lost it previously due to bonehead, gaze, animal savagery etc. They lose their tackle zone until they are next activated.
-player activates. Activation begins
-they have next activated and thus have a tackle zone in this brief window
-they declare action
-after declaring action but before taking action they test animal savagery
-they have a tackle zone at this moment and can thus use pro

Bonehead has the same wording as animal savagery and would probably work this way too.

There is a confliction about animal savagery saying even if they are prone or have lost their tackle zone but i see the prone part applying here the most after my arguement because a player that is prone does indeed not have a tackle zone until they are standing so if a player was prone and then needed to test for animal savagery they could not use pro because they are prone and that keeps them losing their tackle zone.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2022 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably worth reading through this if you've not already
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32167&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Pfinferno

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2022 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice. Seems like it works how I imagine it too. Its also cool that bb3 beta has it working that way.

Thank you!
 Jump to: