43 coaches online • Server time: 11:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PaganAgent

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2022 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all. Long-time player, but a new user on here, so apologies if this has been covered recently;

Is it possible to set up a 2-person league with multiple teams each, that then only draws your teams against the other user's? We're looking to test out three teams each, but looks like a standard league would mean we'd be playing our own teams against each other half the time...

Much appreciated if anyone does know a way around this, thanks guys.
Stimme

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2022 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this simply about playtesting rosters?

Then you can either define your own league/ruleset, or create your team using an existing leage/ruleset (e.g. https://fumbbl.com/p/createteam?op=race&league=15056).

Just hit Play (next to the team name), you both enter the same game name, and off you go.

Or even use the test mode:
https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode

If you really want a league, choose an open round robin style?
PaganAgent

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2022 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It was more than just playtesting, we would like it to be a competitive league, some progression, bragging rights etc etc... Round Robin would just pit our own teams against one another half the time by the look of it, which isn't what we're after.

I guess at worst we can just play one-off games and keep records ourselves if all else fails... just wondered if this sort of thing was possible. Thanks anyway!
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2022 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

As Stimme said "open round robin". Not round robin.

Yes, it will show your teams vs your teams, but just don't play those matches.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah OK, understood - didn't pick up on that. Many thanks both!
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What you could do is have each team of yours play each team of his with wins scoring 3, ties scoring 1, and losses scoring 0. The player with the most points wins this two player grudge match. If you like, I can share an excel sheet with functions for more in depth score keeping--including tie breakers off of statistics that FUMBBL tracks. PM me and we can swap emails so I can share the document. I would be less helpful if you would like to have access to shared teams--its possible but you would have to do a lot of manual work that I am less capable of describing.