40 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Besides the round Robin which of these sound most interesting to you?
Should we have regions+states like Texas play against each other in 3 team tourneys for practice and fun?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Should we have regions play against each other in 3 team tourneys for practice and fun?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Should we have regions+states+cities like NYC play against each other in 3 team tourneys for practice and fun?
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Let's just stick to the round robin idea please
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I realize that the NAF and some groups on FUMBBL have groups of players in teams of three compete against other teams of three. I was thinking that we could network into a round robin league to prepare for the next occasion to join international play. We would essentially play throughout the year and whenever we see an announcement for a team based tourney we would essentially send our top three to the tournament if they are able to comply with the tournament's time zone restrictions (then the fourth would be selected instead). No restrictions to teams or auto bids based on FUMBBL record lets just see who is the best and run with it. If other Americans want to join the tournament and they beat us to it--no problem. We would just change our name to team Eagles, Yankees, Rough Riders, Dream Team etcetera. Of course, nobody would be penalized if they find a team of three within the tryouts league it is only highly encouraged that the top 3 work together. We would keep an all time W/T/L list up for fun but rely on a annual based leaderboard for selection purposes. We may hold tourneys but those results will not reflect the leaderboard. I think this is a fun idea for other countries too that are interested in the idea--feel free to collaborate and reach out so we can share good ideas. I currently commission for the BCL so I will not be commissioner but will lay the ground work for the project, because I cannot devote my fullest attention to both projects. Feel free to comment here or dm me directly. We will be playing according to 2020 rules tournament standards.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2022 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to sound uppity, but the NA scene is pretty tight and we know quite a bit about which coaches would be awesome to bring to a NAF event. Also, NA is fairly sparsely represented in NAF tournaments (in the last one, ThrudBall, we got a small reprimand for not entering enough teams). I'm all for more NA leagues, but I'm wondering if you might be able to glean the same info by just hopping on the NCBB / NBFL discord and asking who wants to play the next NAF team event.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2022 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

wintergreen13 wrote:
Not to sound uppity, but the NA scene is pretty tight and we know quite a bit about which coaches would be awesome to bring to a NAF event. Also, NA is fairly sparsely represented in NAF tournaments (in the last one, ThrudBall, we got a small reprimand for not entering enough teams). I'm all for more NA leagues, but I'm wondering if you might be able to glean the same info by just hopping on the NCBB / NBFL discord and asking who wants to play the next NAF team event.

I am only concerned within the digital space relative to FUMBBL. If the Americans received a reprimand for not entering enough teams to Thrudball, then surely a process to incorporate them would be more beneficial than deleterious? I just do not see a team USA in the international tournament I am currently competing in and would like to network with others that would be interested in promoting that idea and systematizing it. The primary gap that I notice is that people that work in an office space in America (Australia and New Zealand too) simply cannot play in European events because the schedules are out of sync. However, people that work from home or set their hours throughout the day will likely represent a team USA because their hours can align better given playing on a laptop while you are waiting for the work hours to end having had completed your tasks two hours ago etcetera. Please note that this would not preclude another team USA to join a tournament but we would send our own in a formalized manner. It would be bad etiquette for me to hop onto the NCBB and NBFL discords to poach players. Because the added obligations of this league may make their scheduling more difficult. It was bad enough when the BCL was raided by BB2 players. I would love to network with their commissioners perhaps even jointly to discuss how they may or may not want to approach the topic, reasons why it will not work, or ways to make it happen. I do not want to go off of universal win percentage alone--but match people up head to head to select players more meritocratically. Win percentage is another less fun and merited solution. I mean, what if someone plays their favorite team and only schedules matches against opponents suited to their play style to buff up their record. As much as I would like to run with a team USA, I think a better perspective is to find the best and have them play at least two games a month to avoid complicating their FUMBBL schedules. Please provide any additional negative feedback, because it helps me consider possible roadblocks to making this happen. It is appreciated.

Edit: The League is now available.