44 coaches online • Server time: 11:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What does this prize do?
Bonehead, Mighty Blow(1), Tackle,
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Ball and Chain, St +2, Ma-1 (max 6)
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
Pro, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow(1), Frenzy
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 27

MisterA

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The league prize for the Chill Axe FUMBBL league,
will be awarded to the team that wins the play offs at the end of each season.
It must be assigned to a player and fielded for every drive it is available,
There will be a bounty placed on the player and any injury of Cas or more will award 1 league point to the opposing coach!
This player will never have a MNG injury but any stat busts or death will be perm!
In the event of death the axe must be awarded to another player.
At the end of the season and play offs, the Axe will be taken from the player and warded to the winning team!
Be aware that all skills awarded will count as skills for SPP progresion so buying a skill in that season would be tough

The question is what does the Chill Axe do?

3 options in my mind…

Recruiting for our second season, eternal redraught using Second Season/ 2020 rules manually until it’s implemented here!

Last edited by MisterA on Apr 15, 2022 - 19:30; edited 1 time in total
Kinks

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing you can't retire the player either?

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Only by handing the axe over to another
Kinks

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

How do Ball & Chain and Unchanneled Fury work together? Just in case someone thought it would be cool to give the axe to a yeti. (I.e. 2+ or 4+ to "move"). Actually, the client considers B&C moving, so I guess I've answered my own question Sad

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive seen a thread on this somewhere, some tenuous thing in the rules where it was suggested youd have to role a Really Stupid everytime but i dont think thats it...
Pretty sure its. player declares action (Move), roll for Unchannelled/Stupid/BoneH etc
Kinks

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh, think you mean this thread: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32210

What happens if you give ball an chain to a player that has a non-compatible skill (frenzy or grab)? I presume they lose the conflicting skill(s).

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd hope they just become irrelevant until the axe is given up, we might need to remove them but I think they would just sit there
neilwat

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 07:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I would just give them a ball an chain player fresh, don't use it as another player with changed stats
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I would make the axe really "Chill" and make them defensive skills. Imagine the hippie viking following the ball carrier or receiver around. "Yo bro..Chillax. We gotta be able to work something out." Just make it super annoying. Side Step, Shadowing, Defensive (or Tackle), Arm Bar.

It would make you want to put him in contact with the opposition all game. I would also say whichever player kills the holder of the axe is cursed to pick it up. The only way you get to choose who holds it is if you win the tournament.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Yeh, think you mean this thread: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32210

What happens if you give ball an chain to a player that has a non-compatible skill (frenzy or grab)? I presume they lose the conflicting skill(s).

Until recently Grab worked. But since last update they won't use Grab when hitting a player.
Frenzy did activate on the first Block, don't know yet if the client updated this too.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I think I would make the axe really "Chill" and make them defensive skills. Imagine the hippie viking following the ball carrier or receiver around. "Yo bro..Chillax. We gotta be able to work something out." Just make it super annoying. Side Step, Shadowing, Defensive (or Tackle), Arm Bar.

Foul Appearance might work with that vibe.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2022 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Got it. Side Step, Shadowing, Stand Firm, Defensive
Kinks

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2022 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Does whoever receives the Chill Axe keep their original skill access or do swap to Strength only?

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2022 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Original access, but its going to have to count skills total for buyying the next 1,
ie, ball and shain, St+ St+ will count as that player having 3 skills already when buying a new 1, but great way to save spp's
 Jump to: