36 coaches online • Server time: 01:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Yes, this is why Dwarfs are overrepresented, while Elves are rare. Super great design.

This is going off topic but I will risk it. People choose to use dwarfs because they like to play dwarfs. Some because they like the fluff. Some because they like to keep their players alive and Dwarf armor with block gives that. Some enjoy the play style. Some people like to win and find they are best at that play style.

Similar things can be said about playing elves, underworld, ogres, or flings. People choose to play what they like to play.

I am a bit of a stick in the mud and would like to see as little change as possible. Kind of annoyed that we have the 2020 rules rather than the old set.

Yep. I guess I am a dwarf in that way too.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a WHFB 4th edition Dwarf army, for the record. I do love Dwarfs as fantasy characters (get "Stone and Steel" Warhammer RPG book if you love WH Dwarf lore). The BB roster, on the other hand, could be better. It's even arguable that a Troll Slayer can be healed by the Apo, if we want to nitpick the fluff, since they seek redemption through violent death in battle and they don't want to be healed from death, they are even considered like outcasts and pariahs by other Dwarfs (they should have Loner or the other Dwarfs should have Animosity against them).
Carthage

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmmm.... I'm going to toss my vote in for dorfs/chorfs
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I think it's definitely a dwarf linemen. They get more skills than most positionals, and you can take as many of them as you want. They are just in a class by themselves as linemen. Amazons and DE are also pretty great.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say dwarves > amazons > wood elves are the three that stand out the most.
 Jump to: