17 coaches online • Server time: 03:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of us with long histories in leagues, being able to see the games played, and the overall record of the team, is important.

If we could have a series of 3 fields that could be modified by league admins for wins/draws/losses, which would then add to the ones that are actually played on site by that team, that would be very awesome. And games played would then also use the combination of the ones on the site, plus the ones added by the league admin.

So, today a team that is converting from bb2016 to bb2020 might have 280 (59/54/167) for its 2016 team.

Then the coach has to create a new 2020 team, which sets the record to 0 (0/0/0).

Then the new fields displays under 'Games played elsewhere' and the league admin could change those to (59/54/167), and then the total games would change to (0+0+0)+(59+54+167) = 280 (0+59=59 / 0+54 = 54 / 0+167 = 167)
koadah

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You could write up the original history in the team bio and include a link back to the original teams. Mr. Green

Though I suppose, if you trust Grease/Tamper Monkey, it would only need the id of the old team to get it's record and update the values.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we're going to be doing links, but some of these teams are going to be 40 seasons old, so we'd like the direct information on the team page. It's not needed of course, so we understand it isn't a high priority.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just the "Games played" box at the bottom of the team page that you are after?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Christer want to add the ability to record tabletop games on here. So in theory hybrid (some games played TT, some on Fummbl).

That I would imagine would solve your issue.

Can't imagine it's top of the priority list though
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 10, 2022 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, its the games played box. I'm after, and yes, I agree it won't be top priority; just hoping a basic version where there is a set of modifiable numbers, that is added to the currently existing numbers, is simple enough to be useable. We can't justify not swapping to 2020 at this point.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 11, 2022 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
. We can't justify not swapping to 2020 at this point.

There are some who would disagree, sir. Very Happy Shocked Surprised

Post   Posted: May 11, 2022 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

If you prefer not to, that is justification enough. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 11, 2022 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You could write up the original history in the team bio and include a link back to the original teams. Mr. Green

Though I suppose, if you trust Grease/Tamper Monkey, it would only need the id of the old team to get it's record and update the values.

+1

Post   Posted: May 12, 2022 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
. We can't justify not swapping to 2020 at this point.

There are some who would disagree, sir. Very Happy Shocked Surprised

We know. The same few coaches keep repeating in case others might have forgotten.

@nelphine, do you use custom rosters? if yes, you could update the current teams. it's more work, but doable. just only with teams based on rosters you can edit.