37 coaches online • Server time: 17:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2022 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to that

Is it possible to have another mock-up of how it looks when switching between scheduler and GF?

The integrated view, so to speak. If that's still in the cards.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2022 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Any "release date" of this brand new shiny toy?
jonno

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2022 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Tight.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2022 - 17:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is a very early preview and proof of concept of a design. While there is some work going on for the actual scheduler, there's still a fair amount of work (including design) to go. I have stopped giving time lines other than "when it's done". It's too dependant on people using spare time and energy to get things completed and I don't want to create unnecessary pressure.
Azur

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2022 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I have stopped giving time lines other than "when it's done". It's too dependant on people using spare time and energy to get things completed and I don't want to create unnecessary pressure.

Words of wisdom.

Good luck to the whole programming/designing team!
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2022 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer it's all highly appreciated. It will get done when it's done, but I for one look forward to it.
Tulkas_jrrt

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2022 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks very good!
Not sure how to handle old teams in the bb2020 meta, mixed with the new teams.
Black box is a good way for me to stop cherry picking in the gf...
Ready when you are

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

All looks great. Except for me the "Not activated [ ]" check box below the counter. That to me can be counter intuitive to some people. Don't change the text back and forth when you click the check mark, simply have it be "Activate: [ ]" and you check or uncheck.
There's bound to be someone who will think "do I click to do what the text says or is the text telling me what I've just done?". It's a half full, half empty kind of interpretation.

Secondly I'd like to voice my protest against mixing scheduled teams ("Strict" / blackbox spinning) and GF teams (hunting for 30% halfling coaches). It seems abusable and to me would give a less pure feeling to making strict teams, if I anyway get paired up with open teams.
It seems silly to want to qualify for the box trophy, but at the same time you'll be playing against min-maxed kill teams who has only played against hand-picked easy opponents in the GF to accelerate their team.
Keep the strict blackbox pure!
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just give CR from trophyruns or tournament games ?

That way all sandboxing is just that and ranking comes from more serious games ?

All happy yes ?

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:

All happy yes ?

No one is ever happy around here.

Deluge wrote:

Secondly I'd like to voice my protest against mixing scheduled teams ("Strict" / blackbox spinning) and GF teams (hunting for 30% halfling coaches). It seems abusable and to me would give a less pure feeling to making strict teams, if I anyway get paired up with open teams.

I thought the big argument 2 years ago was to merge R/B? So now you throw out that "picking" should be abolished.

I think this is a big step forward on FUMBBL that you are now allowed to pick/schedule a match in the C div. "We" will see after some time what survives.I suspect that the dynamic will not change that much...I do suspect that "picking" matches will decline because most coaches just want to play some Blood Bowl and will activate for scheduled matches/BOX because they see they can get a match in 2 minutes.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Side note: are we still worried about CR? IF so.....why does how you arranged a match matter?

I have never in my history on FUMBBL ran across the golden 10 game run against Halflings or Goblins to infalte my CR.

In fact...I cant even think about the last time I played a match against a stunty team in R/B....it never happens for me.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Strict: team can play only with Black Box;
Open: team can play both with Black Box and GF;
Gamefinder: team can play only with GF.

Right? If that's correct, I want to sign to Strict with all my teams from Competitive and old Box as soon as possible.

Well Matt you do what you do...you will be a 5% of Box only and some other coach...who has never actually voiced his thoughts on why he is part of 5% club of "pick" only...IMO the vast majority of coaches will be in the 90% club of doing both. I just want to play some Blood Bowl man in the C div....I dont over think it.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Well Matt you do what you do...you will be a 5% of Box only and some other coach.

It's impossible to play Box-only vs Box-only teams.
So, not even 5%. It's 0%.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
PainState wrote:

Well Matt you do what you do...you will be a 5% of Box only and some other coach.

It's impossible to play Box-only vs Box-only teams.
So, not even 5%. It's 0%.

It wouldn't be if picking was really as bad as people make it out to be.

BBT teams are box only right?

I can understand that people might start getting fed up if they had a run of games vs teams that were pimped by picking.

Edit: I think that the option for teams to be pure box vs pure box only might actually keep more coaches playing with the scheduler.
People don't have to put it on all their teams.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Majority of coaches who moan about playing against "pimped up teams" only play tier1 teams thinking they should be only ones who play against softer teams I guess.

90% of coaches couldn't care less where oppo has played.

Might be wrong but dont think so.