49 coaches online • Server time: 18:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I never felt that way, PainState. The journey is all there is. Resolution is an illusion.

You and I need sit on a beach at sunset and drink some really heavy whiskey and contemplate that thought.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If you bring the whiskey, we got some nice beaches here, should you ever get out SoCal way.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As a bystander I just want to comment the FUMBBL community is truly wonderful.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
As a bystander I just want to comment the FUMBBL community is truly wonderful.

And it is better with Painstate back...

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

dam u Milford now I have to prep my Ogres again
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
So here is the current count of teams for the summer classic

North America: 1
Europe:3
Aust/NZ: 0

Summer classic will kick off on Aug 1st regardless of how many teams apply.

Here is the current count of teams

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As a relative newcomer to FUMBBL can someone explain how this works?
Schedule games against your opponent per round
Once you lose you are out
Normal inducements you would get per TV matching with whoever you line up against, normal progression as in C?
What's the typical meta? Mostly biggest of the big teams?

Is someone convinced star players are broken going to purposefully take a small team into the event to prove that TV 1100 vs 1700 is an easy win if you have Morg and Griff?
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford leaves the back room of his Summer Classic HQ in the back of the Rusty Anchor pub. He has a deep frown upon his brow and walks towards the front door. A few of the patrons notice a large group of High elves and a few humans, well dressed and smiling and patting themselves on their backs, walk out the back door into carts that are guarded by some well armed thugs.

Milford walks onto the row. Slowly walking to 42 second and Fish ave, that is the center of the Row and there is a large dais and stage there. He arrives and slowly walks up the stage, part of him feels like he is walking to the gallows.

He stands there for around 15 minutes, watching the customers, patrons and owners of the Row walking by, some of them wave at him, some of them come up to him wondering why he looks so down cast, is it bad news? After 30 minutes a large host of people are collecting at the stage...many of the backers of the Summer classic got "word" that Milford must have a major announcement...good news for the slacking business on the row since the collapse of FUMMBL under the iron boot of BB2020.

Milford scans the crowd and decides now is the best time to deliver the news.

"My friends of the Row, I come to you today to give you mixed blessings. It has come to my attention that the Summer C classic will not happen. The "powers" that be have informed me of such news and made it very clear that no such event will be allowed. Even if we it hold it as some vague and unclear tournament that is in no way connected to FUMMBL for it might put their sponsors or backers in a monetary constraint, yes, it is about money.

So, Iam sorry to let you down, that I could not carry the weight of the C div on my back and restore it to glory and fill the coffers of the owners and operators of the Row with gold and new patrons.

I have been informed that the Ulthuan Inviational has sent envoys and their marketing team to Altdorf. I spoke to them about an hour ago.

It seems that the High Elves and FUMBBL have come to an agreement that the FUMBBL C div Majors will enter a new era of Blood Bowl. That new era of Majors will begin on the island of Ulthuan and High Elves will be given the great honor of hosting this very first BB2020 tournament.

It was told to me, almost like a olive branch, that the FUMBBL CUP is scheduled to kick off in the fall.

I would also like to say that.......

Milford looks up and sees that the crowd is now cheering and wandering off. He can hear his staunches backers yelling and high fiving that this is great news. They can make a lot more money live streaming UI action than Milfords stupid idea of some back alley Blood Bowl on the row that no one would see or care about.

5 minutes later Milford stands alone on the stage in the middle of Row, just another of hundreds of people, no one even seems to care he is standing there. He scans the area and sees PurpleChest sitting on a patio balcony, drinking one of those fruity stupid drinks with an umbrella and they lock eyes, PC raises his drink as a toast and his companion, one of the Princes of Ulthuan and high ranking member of the UI commitee is cheering.

Milfrod nods his head in recognition and then sulks off the stage...You got to be F**** kidding me. That contract better have a 7 figure wage.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
As a relative newcomer to FUMBBL can someone explain how this works?
Schedule games against your opponent per round
Once you lose you are out
Normal inducements you would get per TV matching with whoever you line up against, normal progression as in C?
What's the typical meta? Mostly biggest of the big teams?

Is someone convinced star players are broken going to purposefully take a small team into the event to prove that TV 1100 vs 1700 is an easy win if you have Morg and Griff?

This is an interesting conversation all by itself Garion..I will or some one else will make a total new thread of conversation to get the new coaches on FUMBBL up to speed on on how C majors/minors will work.

just hold tight...we will get back to this.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState for Prime Minister!!!

Jump to: