23 coaches online • Server time: 10:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer & HimalayaP1C7.
A notification pop-up message box to tell a coach they have a match-up would be useful

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

There should be a basic notification at the top of the page to tell you a game has been scheduled. You’re not the first to mention not seeing it though. Were you on mobile by any chance?

The notification is improved in an imminent update, but I suspect it may not fix the issue if you’re not seeing it at all.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

can it not replicate the gamefinder message (modified a little to indicate it was from the box) when an offer is accepted, and just come up and take over the whole screen until you hit start game?
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:
There should be a basic notification at the top of the page to tell you a game has been scheduled. You’re not the first to mention not seeing it though. Were you on mobile by any chance?

The notification is improved in an imminent update, but I suspect it may not fix the issue if you’re not seeing it at all.

Ah thanks. I am on a old laptop PC and did not spot a notification, I will look out for it next time! A minute after the draw I went to my homepage and saw the match scheduled alongside the team name.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that’s more or less what should be happening, I hope it’s only a minority that aren’t seeing any message.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

My opponent BraincrackGrotsky just told me he didn't see the Box game notification.
Maybe it could be a bug.
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So this game I looked for message and saw the golden trophy next to the team name, showing that team was in a 'tournament'. So I knew I must have a match scheduled

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2022 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
Thanks for recreating the black box!
It will be something else entirely battling it out against swarms of legend coaches compared to my normal picking routine.

Is there any plan to have a separate ranking for black box? Now I can only see the old black box on my ranking page.
It would also be nice if a match played in black box would be labeled with black box. Now I think it is just labeled competitive.
/Chris
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2022 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:
Hi,
It would also be nice if a match played in black box would be labeled with black box. Now I think it is just labeled competitive.
/Chris

I'd like this too.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2022 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's BillBrasky?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2022 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody should tell him that the Box is up and running again, the Box is not the same without a "Braskyvaction"! Razz
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

With regards to earlier reports of notification failures, I've experienced this myself trying Blackbox for the first time as a player tonight, and my opponents have confirmed they've seen this too. Will try to figure out how its happening in the next few days, apologies to anyone who misses out on a game due to this.

PLEASE double check the "Rounds" link, and your home page to see if you got a game, after every draw you entered.

Side note, the foolish idealist in me thought that Blackbox would be kind to me after all this work I've put in, I've been thrashed all night long, but is was still a lot of fun.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:

PLEASE double check the "Rounds" link, and your home page to see if you got a game, after every draw you entered.

In another post:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32357&highlight=
I suggested to display the "Rounds" pop-up at each draw (if not as a pop-up, even a full page could work). That would help to see that a draw has happened even if you are at a certain distance from the PC screen. The old Box worked like that, when a draw happened all the matches were displayed, and there was a direct link to your game. I don't know whether it's technically possible, though. Just a suggestion.

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:

Side note, the foolish idealist in me thought that Blackbox would be kind to me after all this work I've put in, I've been thrashed all night long, but is was still a lot of fun.

The Blackbox is the place to be! No matter if you lose, win or tie, playing in the Box is already great in itself!!! Very Happy
iena

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.
I have experienced this issue several times in the new GF:

the draw takes place but then the site didnt show the game page and no file opens the game.

Happened almost any time (but a couple of games)

Thanks for your work!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

When will we be able to activate our old Blackbox teams in blackbox?