47 coaches online • Server time: 20:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dashergeaux

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Players of the week Season 29
Week 2

Kicking things off with kicks to downed players

Honorable Mentions

Atamu Kufer [UCSD] Szeattle Scimitars

4 Cas and a TD! That’s a great week and somehow not worthy of my MVP. The dark elf blitzer leads his team to the 2-1 victory, and that’s probably all the acolades he needed.

Jacoby Jones Houston Treants

A couple of TDs for an established NBFL Star

Offensive Player of the Week

Da Mad Bomber[ND] Bleaksburg Stranglers

Defensive Player of the Week

Genome Ratkin [CIN] Manglesota Lyc'ns

The Flesh Golem dominated the pitch and help keep the dark elves to under 100 turns.

Rookie of the Week Las Vegas Evaders

[Justice Trucker {SML}]

An early expansion pool star had a TD and a Casualty to keep Denver in recovery mode.

Big Guy of the Week

Charlie LaPradd [FL] Arizona Redbulls

The Mino dodges out to blitz the ball away from Morg and turn a loss into a win.

Coach of the Week

GotrekSlayer

He picks up a big early season win and confidence booster against the NFC powerhouse Glams. He’s built his team to stop elves and they are good at it.

Most Valuable Player

Jim Franks [NSFE] NOLA Powers From Above

2 TDs and a casualty for Franks in a 3-0 blowout of division rival Carolina.

Disagree? I’m recruiting Volunteers to do this each week. If you’re interested in taking a week, let me know in discord.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2022 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 3

You get a tie, and you get a tie!

Honorable Mentions

Frank Wychek [MD]Detroit Daywalkers

He did great things in the first half and showed that the vamps can be a scary team… but maybe only in the first half?

Shadow Kim Las Vegas Evaders

If there was a right place at the right time award, Shadow Kim gets its. 2 TDs in a blowout win vs the Superbowl champs.

Veronica Surehands [USC] Houston Treants

Veronica continues to be a TD machine and offensive leader for the Treants in a nice division shootout win.

Marc Brown [HOWL] Tijuana Charros

Defensive player of the week could have been anyone in this game between the Charros and Pinkeye. Marc Brown does the heavy lifting for Tijuana and gets the nod

Rookie of the Week

"Dr. ""The Doctor"" Martin" [SF] Carolina Pinkeye

As above could have been defensive player of the week, but that nod will go to the vet.

Big Guy of the Week

Phil Asack [DUKE] Baltimore Nevermore

Phil led the Nevermore to a shutout win against the wrecks

Coach of the Week

Ryanfitz

If you didn’t see his 1st half TD to sneak away from the vamps with a win, go do it now. This guy isn’t just about fouling. It deserves an MVP but which player do you give it to? So the coach gets it.

Most Valuable Player

Jadeveon Clowney [SML] Kansas City Geese

With Karen away, Jadeveon steps up and leads the Geese to a division win! Honk! Honk!

Disagree? I’m recruiting Volunteers to do this each week. If you’re interested in taking a week, let me know in discord.

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2022 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 4

While not nearly as deadly overall as last week, there was one notable kill in week 4.

Dead of the Week

Carmelo Anthony: Baltimore marauder lineman; Dirty Player
Porter Gustin: Floridaman lineman; Kick
Shane "Fraggin" Jones [BK]: Mean Fae blitzer draftee; +ST, Dodge, Leap, Tackle, Sidestep
Luis Beltane: KC catcher; no skills
Lucas Indhios: KC lineman; Block

Death of the Week: Shane “Fraggin” Jones was the centerpiece of Mean Fae’s defense. A sacker. A sweeper. The guy who cleared the way. But alas, he had a fated meeting with the boots of the infamous Dennis Dork and now migrates with the angels. While Mean Fae deftly managed the tie, there is a Fraggin-size hole in their hearts (and roster) that will be hard to fill.

Maimed of the Week

Jake Jorton: Jakesonville skaven thrower (-AV); Cannoneer, Leader
Desmond King: Houston catcher (-ST); Block, Sidestep
Wan'Dale Robinson: New York catcher (-MA); Sneaky Git

Total MNG: 20
Total NI: 13

Last edited by wintergreen13 on Sep 15, 2022 - 20:34; edited 1 time in total
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2022 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 5

Yes, I have caved and put a few injuries in the Maimed of the Week section that probably do not matter in the slightest to the players receiving them (does a bubby care that much about -AG? Doubtful!). But don’t think I’m going to start putting players with -PA in there, ‘cause I’m not! Unless they are throwers… probably.

Dead of the Week

David Moa: Kroaks linefrog; Wrestle
Jason “Kick Me” Hanson: Detroit Daywalkers thrall; Kick
Terminator Tim [NE]: Buffalo blitzer draftee; Dodge, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Guard, Grab
Waagh Wants Me To Let It Go: Mean Fae blitzer; no skills
Morrow [MzSt]: NOLA blitzer draftee; Tackle, Mighty Blow, Jump Up, Pile Driver
Aremis: NOLA lineman; no skills
Graham Coatl: KC blitzer; Guard

Death of the Week: while the loss of the indomitable Terminator Tim deals another harsh blow to a Buffalo team that has been torn apart this season and therefore demands, demands!!, Death of the Week, I can’t help but mourn for the lost potential of Morrow, beloved Pile Driving blitzer of NOLA. So I’m awarding a tie to go along with the league’s new favorite fad: you both get the trophy! At least, I think we’ve got trophies somewhere around here. Probably in Dash’s garage.

Maimed of the Week

Everett "Melter" Polzin: Titannesse pestigor draftee (-ST); +ST, +MA, Block, Tackle, Break Tackle
Yak Dorfburster: Orkapolis bubby (-AG); Block
Bloke Bottles: Glams lineman (-MA); Kick
Dirty Dan the 3rd: New Zig hobgob (-AV); Dirty Player
Your NBFL Champion: Mean Fae lineman (-AV); Sure Hands, Catch
dashergeaux

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2022 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 4

Finding winners in a field of ties

Honorable Mentions

Shannon Sharpe Denver Brontos

A Saurus that played all 16 turns for the Brontos. Just seems like an accomplishment at this point, and a tie might mean they’re coming back into form.

Dasher Geaux [CIN] Buffalo Chill

A two cas performance, sure hope nothing bad happens to this guy.

Jordan Kitna [TCU] Las Vegas Evaders

A three TD performance in the most exciting offensive game of the season, a 3-2 win over NOLA. Kitna is an easy early season MVP candidate, but not the MVP this week.

Brandon Marshall [Chi] Dallas Crowbar

Dallas pitches a shut out, and Marshall gets a casualty and a foul on the books just to show he’s a true team leader.

Rookie of the Week

Atamu Kufer [UCSD] Szeattle Scimitars

A casualty, a td, and the game MVP in a 1-0 divisional win. Good job rookie.

Big Guy of the Week

Ted Sturgeon's Killdozer Brew More Gents

Big guys are awful… but Killdozer got 4 fouls in 4 turns, while Gerry had none.

Coach of the Week

Er. hecks notes... Lorebass again... rigged.

Most Valuable Player

El Rond [UNAM] Manglesota Lyc'ns

A three TD performance and a force on defense, this is the stuff MVPs are made for. A huge 4-1 win over an AFC powerhouse.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2022 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 6

I’m getting the deadlist up early this week since I leave for Chaos Cup in a matter of hours. One game remains to be played but I’m sure Philadelphia and NY will be kind to one another and not mess up my list. Also: we officially have our third game of the season where no SI or kill occurred: Orkapolis v. Arizona! Unfortunately, the rest of the league wasn’t as lucky.

Dead of the Week

Sidney Pico-Punch Jones: Las Vegas draftee catcher; Dodge, Wrestle, Tackle, Leap
Esmi: NOLA lineman; Dodge
Mark Lastingblow #99 (DE): Brew More dwarf blocker; +MA, Mighty Blow
Mélawen Tinehtelë: Woodington lineman; Tackle, Dirty Player
Shawn “Laser” Andrews: Titannesse draftee pestigor; +AG, +MA, Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow
Jakewaan Taylor: Jakesonville lineman; Kick

Death of the Week: while I REALLY wanted to pick my own player (Sidney Pico-Punch Jones was one of only two draft picks remaining from last season), at the end of the day he was there to do one thing: sack the ball. Shawn “Laser” Andrews was special, versatile. With 3 TDs already this season he was there to do whatever Titannesse needed, whether that was running the ball, shoring up the defense, or playing sweeper. Players like that are a big loss, so Shawn gets the nod this week.

Maimed of the Week
Steve Tasker: Buffalo blitzer (-AG); no skills
Leon Gink [CAR]: Woodington draftee wardancer (-AV); +ST, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Side Step, Wrestle
Brandon Marshall [Chi]: Dallas draftee dwarf blitzer (-MA); +MA, Tackle, Sure Hands, Guard, Mighty Blow
Robert “Barkskin” Wood: Glams catcher (-AV); +ST, Guard, Block, Dodge

Total NI this week: 9
Total MNG this week: 21
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2022 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 7

Another game with no SIs or kills, this time in California! That makes four altogether for the first half of the season! We also had two unplayed matches, which undoubtedly kept the SI and MNG totals lower this week. However, the teams who did play worked hard to make the kill list one of the season’s longest!

Dead of the Week

Jim Franks [NSFE]: NOLA catcher draftee; +MA, Block, Dodge, Side Step
Russell Wilson: Denver skink; Diving Tackle
Nagham Mohammad [RMC]: Denver skink draftee; Block, Tackle, Dauntless, Frenzy
Bitey Sanders: Detroit vampire; Pro
Oddlaug Elfráðrs: Floridaman Valkyrie; On the Ball
Chutt Kindman: Manglesota zombie; Guard
Xeterog Jr. [KAMU]: Brew More blocker draftee; Guard, Mighty Blow, Grab, Stand Firm
Tyrone Smith: Dallas blocker; Guard, Mighty Blow
F.Raffo [ITBA]: Woodington wardancer draftee; +ST, Wrestle, Tackle, Sidestep, Fend
Everett "Melter" Polzin: Titannesse pestigor draftee; +ST, +MA, Block, Tackle, Break Tackle

Death of the Week: even though Polzin was a top draft pick, the team taking the worst death this week was Woodington, as the Barkskins lose one of their two superlative wardancers. With Leon Gink taking -AV in the previous week, the wood elves are going to have an uphill battle in the second half to fight their way back to the playoffs.

Maimed of the Week
Finley Crudak: Atlanta lineman (-AV); Wrestle
Fran Torkentan: NOLA thrower draftee (-MA); Block, Dodge, Accurate, Safe Throw
Bunji: NOLA lineman (-MA); Block
Alathe: NOLA lineman (-ST); Dodge
Preston Morgain: KC lineman (-AG); Dauntless, Fend
Gabe L. [BAL]: Manglesota werewolf draftee (-MA); +ST, Block, Tackle, Pro, Mighty Blow
Andre Johnson: Houston catcher (-ST); Block, Side Step, Diving Tackle

Total NI this week: 7
Total MNG this week: 13
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

nearing the end of week 8, we all are excited to see who is where! there was a show too!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1620934968

However, right now, the current standings are:
NFC
1/2: New York (East), Szeattle (West)
3: Tampa (South)
4: Manglesota (North)
5: Chicagorks (North)
6: Los Angeles (West)
7: Arizona (West)
teams near 7: Mean Fae, Dallas, NOLA, Woodington, Carolina

AFC
1: Las Vegas (West)
2: Houston (South)
3/4: Baltimore (North), New Ziggurtland (East)
5: Tijuana (West)
6/7 Brew More (East), Cleaved Land (North)
close to 7: No-Skincinnati, KC, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Jakesoneville, Titannesse, Orkopalis, Denver
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2022 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 8

Into the second half of the season we go! The dead are piling up (but at half the rate of last season, so that’s some consolation), just like the leaves are piling up outside your proverbial homes (hey, I don’t judge! Maybe you’re more of a tent-in-the-gorge crowd!). I’ll drop other stats in the Discord for you Stat Heads out there.

Dead of the Week

Helmir: NOLA lineman; no skills
Justin’The Boot” Tucker: Baltimore lineman; Foul Appearance
Iluvio Sergius: Pittsburgh lineman; Block
Dan D’Agostino: Las Vegas lineman; Wrestle, Strip Ball
Terrence Smith [KCT]: Manglesota wraith draftee; Dirty Player, Wrestle, Tackle, Guard
D.J. Davidson: New York kroxigor; Guard
Jaylon Smith: Dallas blitzer; +MA, Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle

Death of the Week: a tough one this week! My heart says to go with Manglesota’s wraith. Terrence was such an interesting player, just desperate for that Pile Driver to be the Complete Package. But alas! His flame was snuffed out too soon. However, the brain tells me that Dallas will miss their +MA blitzer, Jaylon Smith, desperately going forward. Who will win? Heart wins out this time! Terrence Smith is the Death of the Week – I REALLY wanted to see him get to Pile Driver.

Maimed of the Week
Danielle Young [TEX]: Buffalo witch elf draftee (-AV); +MA, Block, Tackle, Juggernaut, On the Ball
Mark Lastingblow #99 (DE): Manglesota zombie (-AG); no skills
Denise Kelly: Illadelph beastman (-MA); Block, Guard
Garc’s Vampire Model: Detroit thrall (-AG); no skills
Shaq Lawson: Houston lineman (-ST); Block, Dodge, Guard

Total NI this week: 11
Total MNG this week: 20
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2022 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

we move on to week 9, lets see what movement is occurring!

Week 8, near was 2 wins. Now, its 1 win and 2 draws.

The current standings are:
NFC
1/2: New York (East), Szeattle (West)
3: Manglesota (North)
4: Tampa (South)
5: Chicagorks (North)
6: Los Angeles (West)
7: Arizona (West)
teams near 7: Dallas, Mean Fae, Carolina, NOLA

AFC
3/4: Cleaved Land (North), New Ziggurtland (East)
6: Baltimore (North)
7: Brew More (East)
close to 7: Pittsburgh, Jakesoneville, No-Skincinnati, Kansas City, Buffalo, Titannesse, Denver, Orkopalis
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2022 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 9

Yes, I did claim I would ignore -PA on players. Yes, there are two -PA injury in the Maimed of the Week. But! Hear me out! One of them is Ex-con! A player known for both amazing highs and dispiriting lows! It just didn’t feel right to leave his debilitating (lol) injury off the roll call. Oh, and Leon Gink also had his extraordinary throwing arm busted. Overall this was a solid week for dead players so, uh, good job everyone? Also: we’re reaching the end of being able to compare broken draft picks to S39 since this is the last week of S39 that Nelphine tracked injured players. Will I go back and figure out all of that? Unlikely! But... possible lol.

Dead of the Week

Pyrrha Nikos: Glams lineman draftee; Block, Mighty Blow, Dodge, Tackle
Davey Morte: Arizona hobgoblin; Block, Shadowing
Stefon Diggs: Buffalo lineman; no skills
D & D Johnny Stanton: Cleaved Land beastman; Strip Ball, Frenzy
Ginafa Avride: Pittsburgh catcher; Dodge
Aluvan Ijunt: Pittsburgh catcher; Dodge
Tommy McDonald [OK]: Denver chameleon skink draftee; +AG, Accurate, Side Step, Sprint
Grant Jortgan: Jakesonville lineman; Monstrous Mouth

Death of the Week: Another blow to Denver, at least this time it was a chameleon skink and not a saurus. And yet, at least some of the bad wind blowing through Denver has to be attributed to the many lost players, including Tommy McDonald, who gets the nod for Death of the Week this week (the third** for Denver).

**one was only partially the Death of the Week but we’re loose about these things

Maimed of the Week
Jason Daikini: Trans-Fat lineman (-ST); Wrestle
Jim Kelly: Buffalo lineman (-AG); no skills
Melian Marny: Pittsburgh lineman (-AG); no skills
Gilithi Hasten: Pittsburgh lineman (-AV); Wrestle
Ex-con: Mean Fae lineman (-PA); Strip Ball, Pro
Dash’s Equipment Manger: Detroit thrall (-AV); Dirty Player, Block
Leon Gink: Woodington wardancer draftee (-PA); +ST, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Side Step, Wrestle
Arminas Isilrá: Woodington thrower (-AG); Cloud Burster, Running Pass

Total NI this week: 15
Total MNG this week: 19
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2022 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 10 is rapidly finishing up, and the standings have shifted!

Close now means within 1 win and 1 draw.

We now have:
NFC
1: New York (East)
2/3: Szeattle (West), ChicagOrkz (North)
4: Tampa (South)
5: Manglesota (North)
6/7: Arizona (West), Dallas (East)
teams near 7: Los Angeles, Mean Fae

AFC
3: Cleaved Land (North)
4: New Ziggurtland (East)
5: Baltimore (North)
6/7: Tijuana (West), Jakesoneville (South)
close to 7: Brew More, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, No-Skincinnati, Orkapolis, Buffalo
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Week 10

Two more games with no SI or deaths this week: one between two very healthy elf teams and the second a Human mirror match. What have we come to as a league, we haven’t even gotten to 200 MNGs caused yet! It was also a pretty light week for deaths and maimings, as teams apparently took a little time off to hug it out.

Dead of the Week

A Ghost: New Zig Andre replacement; Block
D'Brik Beernson #60 (OT): Brew More lineman; Guard, Mighty Blow
Lisa Abrams: Baltimore lineman; Foul Appearance, Strip Ball
Tyler Matakevich: Buffalo lineman; no skills
Anatoly Schechenkku: Titannesse rotter; Diving Tackle

Death of the Week: No dead draft picks this week? That’s a rarity! And while it would be (morbidly) funny to appoint Andre’s replacement bull centaur, A Ghost, as the death of the week (who doesn’t like a good ghostbusting?), I suppose we’ll give the dubious honor to D’Brik Beernson, who was the only player to die who had two useful skills.

Maimed of the Week
Dav Quix: Szeattle lineman (-PA); Guard
Kodak Black: Baltimore lineman (-AV); Dirty Player, Block
Nico Collins: Houston catcher (-ST); no skills

Total NI this week: 15
Total MNG this week: 14
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Look you, Szeattle tried to improve our MNG standings! We have 1060k tv MNG for our next match!

Edit: Wait, you're not counting serious injuries or niggles as MNG?? Bah! We're over 300 MNG already! (its actually a little over 32 per week, means more than 1 player per team per game)
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 11 is winding up, and we have even more movement! Teams now need to be within 1 win of 7th place to be considered close to a wildcard, and hoo boy, is the race close in some divisions!

NFC
1: New York (East),
2: ChicagOrkz (North)
3: Tampa (South)
4: Szeattle (West, one game behind)
5: Manglesota (North)
6: Arizona (West)
7: Los Angeles (West)
teams near 7: Dallas, Mean Fae

AFC
1: Las Vegas (West) - Secured Playoff Spot
2: Houston (South) - Secured Playoff Spot
3: Cleaved Land (North)
4: New Ziggurtland (East)
5: Baltimore (North)
7: Jakesoneville (South)
close to 7: No-Skincinnati, Orkapolis, Brew More, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Buffalo

Last edited by Nelphine on Nov 03, 2022 - 07:07; edited 3 times in total
 Jump to: