31 coaches online • Server time: 17:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kinks

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Adding on to Nelph's point, you are less likely to get free blocks against Zons as they can easily doge away. So block removals are likely to be higher against an AV 8 (AKA AV 9+) teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I am just annoyed that on a team with one positional named a blitzer and another named a blocker, neither come with block. They should have named the positionals something besides blockers and blitzers.

Agree, this is non-sense.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Your random lino still won't have tackle, which makes incidental blocks much much harder.

With the new random skills you might.

Bloodbowl is a game of dice roll chaos and some tactics. It's neither chess or go or a similar strategy game.

It's never been balanced and some teams have always been better. Zons willl still struggle aginst dwarfs, cdwarfs, and a bit more against norse now, with no block at all.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

kozak wrote:
Kondor wrote:
I am just annoyed that on a team with one positional named a blitzer and another named a blocker, neither come with block. They should have named the positionals something besides blockers and blitzers.

Agree, this is non-sense.

My annoyance is that, throughout all of the Old World, for the last 3 decades, human teams can't manage to find 2 big, ST4 players per roster, but Amazons somehow can.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

well, they can scrape up 1 str. 5 ogre, at least. Maybe the Amazons just pay better?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i also dislike that they got Str 4 players. i agree they needed something, but I think giving them high MA str 2 players would have been better.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

@Kondor & Kozak, most blockers don't have block. Big Uns, Black Orcs, Saurus & Chaos Blockers. I think dorfs are the exception to the rule.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
@Kondor & Kozak, most blockers don't have block. Big Uns, Black Orcs, Saurus & Chaos Blockers. I think dorfs are the exception to the rule.

That's right, it's only since the new edition that GW feels the need to call any positionalsin every teams blocker or runner etc
Kinks

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that 2nd Ed called al t of players blockers, think they had human blockers? But that is before my time.

Gotta agree though, "Beastman Runners" is the one that I most dislike for some reason.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The strength 4 blocker units just feel tacked on for the sake of being different. The "Blitzers" at least bring in a different skill that is unique with hit and run--not being far from becoming a blodger--jump up can make up for mistakes that would otherwise punish a different team. I have nothing to add regarding the thrower. The linemen are priced just as high as the humies despite coming equipped with a dodge skill; which is notably annoying. However, I think that it will play uniquely and be less of a min max sort of unit--although they always had low AV. Good to see more differentiation between the Amazons and the Norse. It could have been worse. Thematically, I do not like the ST 4 blockers and defensive is not a skill most people would take long term, so let's see how its utilized in the coming games I suppose.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
I think that 2nd Ed called all of players blockers, think they had human blockers? But that is before my time.

Yup.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

So starting roster is 11 linos 2rr and 350k to spend on star players? Will be interesting to see if the new stars are worthwhile

Or 1 rr then get morg.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

0-2 Witch Elf - 110k - Dodge, Frenzy, Jump Up
7 3 2+ 5+ 8+

0-2 Piranha Warrior Blitzer - 90k - Dodge, Hit And Run, Jump Up
7 3 3+ 5+ 8+

The witch has +AG and Frenzy
The zon has Hit n Run, and costs 20k less
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And what about the Anointed Thrower
6 3 4+ 3+ 8+
Pass, Regeneration, Sure Hands, Thick Skull
Vs
the new Python Warrior...

Blood Bowl has fallen to the famous GW "new codex" power creep ?
Adding new skills to bloat the game and create new loopholes.
Exactly what we were not needing...
Not the right direction for our beloved game imho.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2022 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

2d block against an av 9+ player (no block on either player, so we'll only count pow/push or pow as a knockdown)
5/9 knockdown, 10/36 armour break = 50/324 = 25/162 = 15.4% chance of armour break

2d block against a dodge av 8+ player (still no block)
91/216 knockdown, 15/36 armour break = (91*15)/(216*36) = (91*5)/72*36 = 455/2592 = 28.4/162 = 17.5% chance of armour break

those incidental add up, particularly at under 1500tv, and the av 9+ team loses almost as any many players as the amazon team.

Hm. No I don't quite agree with your math. As a single instance, yes, but not in the long term. A 2.1% higher chance of removal adds up to quite a difference after 40, 50 blocks. And each successful removal also increases the chance and opportunities for 2dblocks - and reduces the chance and opportunities for receiving 2dblocks in reverse.

Yes they might have players in reserve, but those won't replenish what is on the bord until a new set up phase.

I still feel that - over the average of many games - they'll drop sufficient numbers of players.
 Jump to: