36 coaches online • Server time: 00:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I am so excited for this new automatic scheduler to go live. I really hope it goes live before BB3 hits the market.

Even better hope: automatic scheduler goes live, BB3 never hits the market Twisted Evil , everybody must play BB on FUMBBL! Very Happy
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2022 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

BB3 had another beta in June, and will only have 12 races on launch, lol
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Possible to have link (popup) on team in ranking?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

With a bit of trying it out - could game offers one receives while waiting if a blackbox draw happens be excempt from timing out?

Maybe with a short message to the person sending the offer (instead or under the green timer bar) that the person they sent the offer to has activated their teams for blackbox?

Reasoning: More transparency for all - and the person that made the offer can choose to rescind or wait. The person waiting for the blackbox draw doesn't lose the alternative options?
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this will be a significant amount of work compared to the benefit it would provide.

You could also use it as a trick to find out if a team you don’t want to play is in the Blackbox draw.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

True. And yes - I know it`s work. Not sure about the significant, depending on how the code base is. In theory it is a simple "are teams activated for blackbox yea/no" check.

For the second - no, not necessarily. If it just states that the coach has activated _any_ team for blackbox.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a lot more to your request than just checking if the coach has teams in BlackBox, it’s about how the behaviour changes once that is known. I have done some of the dev work for this so used the word “significant” with a fair understanding of the code base.

I’d still say that allowing people to send offers that can tell you if a coach is active in Blackbox is problematic.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, especially if said coach does not have that many teams it could be used as a sniping aid.

I understand why the timeout change would be useful though.

What is the core feature you want to achieve?

Coaches using the scheduler should not have to decide between waiting for the draw (which might leave them without a game) or an guaranted game.

And offering coaches should not be confused why the offer is not accepted.

So the solution could be to not have offere timeout when a draw is about to happen (like in the next 1 or 2 minutes). That could be applied regardless of the coaches involved and should have small impact on everyone.

Could even be an option for the offering coach to have that activated.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2022 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah - as with all my suggestions and ideas - I am just going wild. If there's practical and behavioural reasons why not - I am happy with that, too. I just throw out stuff now and then.

They are meant in that spirit. Here's an idea; it can evolve or it can die.

Quote:
So the solution could be to not have offere timeout when a draw is about to happen (like in the next 1 or 2 minutes). That could be applied regardless of the coaches involved and should have small impact on everyone.

Or teams "vanish" from the gamefinder if one enters the draw for a blackbox round. That way, at the least, people don't send offers and are (potentially) frustrated for not getting a response.
 Jump to: