46 coaches online • Server time: 19:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2022 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody, I don't know whether it's technically possible, but personally I would find useful to disable the "Gamefinder session has paused" pop-up message on Gamefinder (with an option or automatically if all your Competitive teams are set on Black Box-only mode, like mine).
I don't use the Gamefinder negotiation, just the Black Box activation and having to click on the pop-up message so often is quite annoying.
I don't have any team looking for game on Gamefinder and the pop-up message is absolutely useless for me.
I don't sit close to PC in-between the activations (15 minutes are quite a lot of time), so I'm considered inactive by the GF and the pop-up message appears often.
The old Black Box page was way better, I could stay away from PC and see all the pairings without clicking on the pop-up message or on the "X matches at ..." link.
Now I have to click twice (one on Gamefinder pop-up message and one on the "X matches at...") just to check the Box draws to see if there is a game to watch.
Not complaining, just suggesting an idea. I think that one less click to do could improve the Gamefinder page.

Thanks in advance for attention!
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2022 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I can see the problem, the pausing was added to deal with several issues we were having, but it was before Blackbox was incorporated, so may not be ideally suited.

When you join a draw that will count as activity, so you shouldn’t get that many pauses. From some things you said it sounds like you’re using it to watch what matches are getting drawn, rather than joining every draw. If that’s the case I suspect that’s a bit of an unusual edge case which we might not be able to make work very smoothly. Sorry if I misunderstood that.

Comparisons to old BlackBox page are difficult to make as they’re very different. Combining Gamefinder and Blackbox was a key requirement and necessitates lots of compromises when compared to a page that only has to deal with BlackBox.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2022 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand the rationale behind the GF pop-up, but for people interested only in Black Box is an unnecessary hassle.
Not a big problem, but for sure it's an extra unnecessary click that would be nice to avoid.
Yes, I don't join every draw (even for a fanatic like me would be very tiresome to join every draw!) yet I like to check many of the Box draws to see if there is a match I'd like to watch.
That requires to click on the link "X match at ..." and it's already a click, on top of that I have to click on the "Gamefinder session has paused" pop-up, which hides the GF page.
Anyway, since it's impossible, amen, I asked in case it could be done without requiring much work to do it.
I know that few people are Box-only coaches, but an option to disable the pop-up for those people would have been nice to have.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2022 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it’s more than just being a Box only coach. I didn’t envisage that it would be used to watch draws happen over a longer period of time. I suspect that is a rare requirement, but interested to hear if others are also using it like that. If I wanted to see what is happening in BlackBox I think I would just refresh the current games page every now and again.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2022 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

To refresh the game page I need to be close to the keyboard.
I'm away from the PC, yet close enough to see the screen, or I could be close but not able to use the mouse/keyboard, although I'm checking the draws.
This is why I'd like not to have the pop-up hiding the page. Especially because I never have teams looking for game on GF, so for me it's just a visual obstruction.
It would be nice to have every draw appearing on the page even when I didn't activate because clicking on the "X match at ..." link requires to be close to the PC, but that's impossible as you already explained some time ago.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2022 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting a browser plug-in that automatically refreshes the page every 5 minutes could work for you.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2022 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll keep on clicking, I don't like to add plug-ins to my browser.
 Jump to: