37 coaches online • Server time: 16:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How should games score?
Keep 5/2/1
27%
 27%  [ 11 ]
Do 3/1/0
37%
 37%  [ 15 ]
Do 2/1/0
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 40

The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2022 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I like easy math when determining who is still IN the play-off race, otherwise I'd love 11/5/1. I don't know about 'should', but I think a win is better than 2 draws in a league where teams are competing to make the play-offs, and in a game where a good coach can manage a draw, even with bad dice.

I cheer for the underdog and the inexperienced to get better dice, so I don't feel sorry for a great coach wanting full value for a DRAW he masterfully put together. I want the underdogs in the play-off hunt as long as possible, and rewarded for their infrequent and lucky wins. I also appreciate the drama caused by teams that MUST win to qualify for the play-offs late in a season, and am slightly bored by teams that are able to play out conservative draws for the second half of a season after early wins.

A do like SOMETHING for a loss, as forfeits can start to become all too common during summer and winter holidays. I enjoyed WIL. Best of luck guys.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2022 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL gives points to the losers? smh

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Medon

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2022 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

5/2/1 is too complicated it take a degree in math to be able to find out who can still be the winner
3/1/0 is more commonly used in real life sports so we’ve developed an intuitive feeling for who can be the winner and who can’t
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2022 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for the good input.
Something to consider, though there is no clear guidance to lean on in the poll results.
I do take home:
-A win should be a little more than a fraw
-When setting scoring, use the example of 4/2/1 vs 3/4/0 as a guidance - depending on who you you think should be the winner here, adapt the scoring to that.
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2022 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Should be 4/1/2 vs 3/4/0.

4/2/1 beats 3/4/0 by your first condition, and win and a loss beats two ties.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2022 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Good catch.
And in the case of 5/2/1 vs 3/1/0 vs 2/1/0, the former supports a 4/1/2 winner and the latter a 3/4/0 winner
 Jump to: