34 coaches online • Server time: 17:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would you like to know more about?
How do you house rule 7's?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why did you alter catchers to have diving catch?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why add unblockers w/mutation?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why did you add leader and Safe Pass to throwers?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why add kick to blitzers?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why drop Loner and add Kick Teammate to Ogres?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why add mutation primary access to halflings?
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Why then do linemen stay the same?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Please go more into practice squads.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Describe the roll chart more.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Could you be more specific about practice squads?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why alternate between the seasons?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why 7's for the developmental league to begin with?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why not draft entirely from a player generating roll chart?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What if I only want to play 7s or 11's??? (no problem)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Gridironman

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2022 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

We have 5/10 people necessary to start. Since we have made a cracking start without broadcasting the league. Only committed players though. We will upload replays of the games to YouTube.

We are running a seven's developmental league for an 11's draft league. I am interested in someone that wants to play in both. The seasons alternate between 7's and 11's in a league that will feature more managerial control than other leagues, creating a super franchise you will fall in love with, and decision points that will keep you up at night thinking about how to plan your next round and even three seasons ahead if not more.

7s

We have made house rules in wherein if your player is surfed into a color coded wide zone he must not engage in the game until the end of the drive. If it is a ballcarrier we have also color coded the midline for the player to burn a turn i.e. throw in like real rugby (if one of your other players catches it well you continue with your turn as normal. Al standard 2020 teams, NAF Slann and VETTED SL teams adapted to 7s are permitted.

11's

A Custom human team with custom sprites with the addition of two unblockers with mutation access. Throwers have safe pass and leader tacked on. Catchers have diving catch. Blitzers have kick. Halflings have mutation access. Ogres retain bonehead but drop loner--they also retain Throw teammate and gain kick teammate. Linemen reamin linemen.

What's new?

Practice squads on an excel sheet (retain draft picks to craft a super team). This is also the only place to cure injuries--end the year here lose Av- as an example--next season its niggle--end the year at least there again be cleared of all injuries. You may draw a player from here ONCE per season.

A draft league with 7's players supplemented by a roll chart that provides all skills including weapons, stat ups and even star player skills. However, the roll chart disfavors all three so these will be fun rare draft picks.

Start the season deciding who will be on your major league 16 from a pool of draft picks, trades, practice squad members and returning players.

There is a Free Agency component if your major league team is below 1300 TV.

All fired players get transferred to Free Agency.

You may trade players during the 11's off season (7's season).

To speed the process up we also draft during the 7's season for the 11's teams.

TV Cap at the beginning of the year for major league teams in the premier division--only once we get a division 2.

How is the 7's team featured into your major team? Well before the draft you draw from one player of your 7's team to be inducted into your major team. If you do not add him to your practice squad no problem--he can train more. In fact you can make a legend through this process--why not a whole practice squad of legends.

The whole idea is to create emergent managerial decisions across many seasons-a franchise to craft and fall in love with. Also the major league team is specifically built to emulate an idealized kind of blood bowl.

Inducements 150,000k to induce a legendary skilled player that has been killed in the league or is currently in FA. 300,000k difference to induce a wizard. You may not have both unless you have a 450,000k difference.

2 week rounds with seasons alternating between 7s and 11s.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2022 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you going to have NA, EU, or a mix of timezones for the conferences?
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2022 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Mix of time zones. It will be two week rounds though so different time zones can adapt better. The two weekends will allow cross continental play in general.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

8 out of 10 coaches necessary to start the 7s season.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

"Why add mutation primary access to halflings?"

I'd rather ask : "Why add mutation to Flings?!?"
According to the Warhammer fluff, Flings are HIGHLY resistant to Chaos. Probably the most resistant race of all.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to make a more interesting game than standard blood bowl, by providing skills that add efficiency to aspects that are too risky such as pass. Adding diving catch for 2+ catch on AG 3 catchers. I am just making halflings more interesting to utilize. We are Tilean focused in terms of fluff. However, I would prefer to not be held back by a company more interested in selling ace cards over systems, i.e. 40k meta changes to sell models or in the case of bloodbowl selling star player among other things. There is a draft aspect to this league sure but it is about managing a team across multiple seasons with touchpoints to build back up as quickly as possible or long term planning to create a strong squad seasons ahead.
The random roll chart does not favor stat ups, but you can train a unit in 7s and transfer it to your elevens team in between seasons. Free agency keeps you afloat. Draft picks can be hoarded into a practice squad but palces on that squad are finite--and people you fire will go to free agency. No star players besides the dead legends we build along the way. Mutations can provide catch bonus and dodges to hobbits that allow them to be thrown by an ogre. The more units that I do not have to edit to make more efficient the better. Broken systems like passing required a hard edit unfortunately. While I do have ST 4 blockers they only move 4 adding tactical thinking to bash--but also allowing bash to flourish.

Edit-Consolidating posts.

Last edited by Gridironman on Dec 02, 2022 - 09:56; edited 1 time in total
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2022 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

9/10 coaches are now in the league. One more spot to fill. Hurry up before, time runs out.