19 coaches online • Server time: 03:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigChiefSittingDuck

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

Has anyone else been getting loads of client crashes recently? Over the last week or so I usually get about 8 or more per game, which is frustrating for myself and opponents. I don't really understand why as my PC is otherwise going smoothly online, and it's never been that bad before - and consistently it is really bad now? Anyone else have those issues (I'm guessing it is mostly me, as others don't seem to drop the client so much), and able to troubleshoot also for anyone else with similar problems? Thanks in advance!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

No issues here. Here are some basic checks -
1. make sure java is up to date
2. Connect your computer using an ethernet cable, wireless connections are often a cause of problems.
3. check your broadband speeds are what you are paying for (again you must connect with a cable when doing speed tests), i.e. make sure you dont have a fault.
4. Check your computer isnt running out of virtual memory
5. make sure your system has all the latest updates installed.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Garion, that is all good advice - the java and PC are fine but I do play wireless so maybe it is the connection there, will test!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2023 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What exactly do you mean by "crash"? Do you get an error message? Is the client closing by itself? Or do you get the disconnection message in the game log?

Jump to: