14 coaches online • Server time: 05:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

On the team strategy page:

https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20SnotlingSetUp

Snotlings are shown as having Ripper Bolgrot available as a star player. In the client, he wasn't available. Which is correct?

Oscar Wilde
mekutata

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
On the team strategy page:

https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20SnotlingSetUp

Snotlings are shown as having Ripper Bolgrot available as a star player. In the client, he wasn't available. Which is correct?

Client might take some time until new (old) stars are integrated. Maybe until Almanac is published?

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20StarPlayerList

You can use the above list as reference

The asterisk marks stars and powers that aren't implemented yet

When I updated the whole star players list and the single roster specific sections, I noticed that the roster pages were in various states of outdatedness. Some had asterisks near stars that were live, some next to special rules that were implemented etc.

Since there's already a resource about which stars are in and which ones aren't, keeping 28 more pages updated is a bit of a hassle.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2023 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20StarPlayerList

Since there's already a resource about which stars are in and which ones aren't, keeping 28 more pages updated is a bit of a hassle.

Java I'm not a web savvy programmer type so excuse my ignorance. But instead of having static star lists on each of the pages could you have it build a table as a query each time the page is loaded - querying the table you use to determine which player is available to each team in the client?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2023 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

On your own site yes. On Fumbbl you don't have the power.

You could create a GreaseMonkey script, but people would need to install GreaseMonkey, TamperMonkey or equivalent to use it. Many people wouldn't want to do that.

You could beg Christer to do it, but his todo list is long already.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2023 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh not not trying to create any extra work for the team!
Wondering how we can make their lives easier particularly in the world where the rules set is less static then it was in the CRP years.
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2023 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The current system is granular enough, and narrow in scope enough, that automatising the updates probably requires more work than just having a bunch of OCD gits updating the page(s)

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
The current system is granular enough, and narrow in scope enough, that automatising the updates probably requires more work than just having a bunch of OCD gits updating the page(s)

Excellent! Could you do Secret League too? Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Java wrote:

Excellent! Could you do Secret League too? Smile

It's not finished yet...

When it's done, it would be an easy job to go copy and paste a particular stars list from the regular rosters that have the same keywords

On the other hand we could concoct a page/repository that has all the stars of a given keyword listed separately

And that would ease up the editing load for regular rosters as well

Food for thought, I might give it a go one of these days, after asking the hive mind.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Though, each time they add a star, it is more editing.

Jump to: