43 coaches online • Server time: 16:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v stunty (...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do you get Eleven Elves in a Box?
Rhetorical question: The eleven elves have always been in the box.
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Tell'em boxes are the latest fashion in Avelorn.
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Offer'em a finely aged bottle of Blood Wine.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wood Chipper
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Toss a pie in first.
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2023 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Forever Born, return as our Season 77 grand champions! Two consecutive season! The also came away with four of the five category wins (missing out on category D (Agile)... which was taken by Dude Elves!), and the Red Badge of Courage.

Black Arc Windcutters were in a very competitive second place, tying the Category A top score.

Those two teams were the only two which completed their cycle!

Dude Elves finished in third place, but distinguished themselves with the highest CAS inflicted in a single game ( 8 ) all season!

------
See the complete award listing for season 77

Season 78 has already begun! (The bot just hasn't seen any E.L.F.II games played yet today.)

Season 78 will include a separate award for the top Blackbox only E.L.F.II team.

Were y'all considering including an elfy team in your Blackbox Trophy 7 run? They can be in the Trophy and E.L.F.II at the same time! More fun than vaulting goblins and surf'n beastmen.

And here, normally there'd be a long explaination of scoring and tallying the score... blah blah blah. Rules in the group page. The bot takes care of all that now and it's pretty good at maths, it just wants to see more elves on the pitch.

Get in there and score some touchdowns! Season 78 runs from now until the end of February. (URL to the group is at the top of this post. Smile )

razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Four elf-y teams on the scoreboard! Are you elf-y enough to compete?

grant85

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

now, I know I have no say but I would vote that an ELF II team needs to complete the season cycle to be eligible for an award. your call of course Raz.
razmus

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams which complete their cycle will tend to have more points and more opportunities to get hurt... so will tend to get most of the awards anyway. Smile (For the past two seasons, the top two teams are the only only ones who have completed the cycle so far... and the teams which have completed their cycle have taken all but a single category award.)

I'd hate to shut out elfs who can't commit to playing ten games.

But this is a self policing situation.

grant85

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

fairnuff. you da boss
grant85

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. I finished my cycle for season 78….and looks like I “won” but what does that even mean when no else is playing?
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

grant85 wrote:
Well. I finished my cycle for season 78….and looks like I “won” but what does that even mean when no else is playing?

Play in box, I got first and second spot !

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

grant85 wrote:

Yeah, you were the only one to finish your cycle.

Season 78 Final results

And yeah... MerryZ took the trophy for the top Box elves... but there were only five box elf games... played by five different teams.

I guess elves in Blood Bowl are a dying breed. We'll have to tell our grandchildren that we know they've never seen elves on the pitch, but that we were there when elves still played...

awambawamb

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

grant85 wrote:

...it was the year 1851:
“Ah, Your Majesty, there is no second."

Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Making sure I understand what "finish the cycle" means... it means playing vs 1 opponent in each category right?
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh the E.L.F. is still alive, cool.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind. Read the rules again. Dude elves just took a 3-1 over some 1180 Orcs with a cas. Pretty sure that's a 50 point game. Not going to be enough to hold down that top spot in cat A, but a good day 1 outing!
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
Nevermind. Read the rules again. Dude elves just took a 3-1 over some 1180 Orcs with a cas. Pretty sure that's a 50 point game. Not going to be enough to hold down that top spot in cat A, but a good day 1 outing!

48 points. 11 points base, +10 for the win, +2 for delta touchdowns, +1 for the CAS. 24... doubled for Cat A.

Thank you for mentioning it. You mentioning that you HAD played a game sent me down a rabbit hole in which I discovered missing games. (That'll teach me to try to clean up my code... the ugly code didn't miss anything.)

Hopefully everyone's games are reflected now. (Or will be when the amazon network catches up with the new file.)

Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to accidentally be of service!
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2023 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey going to tell on myself, my 40 point win vs Nurlge with the Dude Elves shouldn't count. We had a bug and the opponent thought that if he conceded it would 'reset' the game. Dunno how hard it would be to not count that one, but feel free to discard that for calcs at end of season... That being said, did just put up a 39 category C game. Dude Elves ftw!
 Jump to: