43 coaches online • Server time: 18:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Topper

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It is not about win rates, but about amassing CR points. Many factors go together here, including CR of both coaches, race matchups and team value.
If you only look at win rate, all you get, is someone how is great at cherrypicking. Quite possible in C, way more difficult in the Box, very tough in the box with stunties.

There is the issue of, unless it has just been fixed, that Box games are calculated into the C ranking and stats, not the Box ranking.
Eki

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

the win rate is also something that affects to be a legend. Mattdaka has a lot of points but a low win rate, the actual wins do not reach 64% (he draws too many matches). Mattdaka will be Legend when he accumulates a lot of points, which is another way to reach him
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If that is true I don't think that it is very good. That would encourage seeking lopsided matches rather than tougher ones that would give more CR.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

That already happens too many times. And if the %win ratio also affects being Legend, that's why some with less CR are Legend.

There are players who only want to raise CR, if the match is not easy... They try to draw without risking. Those players will be Legend (at some point) and players who have high CR but high %win ratio (fewer draws) will be Legend faster

choosing easy rivals... that's another topic. I was just trying to answer the question that was raised, because Spartako is Legend and Mattdaka is not. an example, in the general ranking with CR 171.5 a player is Legend (this changes depending on the CR of the other players) but there are players with 171 who are Legend because their % ratio is higher. these players have not been looking for easier matches, but have needed fewer matches to reach that high CR
Eki

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

That already happens too many times. And if the %win ratio also affects being Legend, that's why some with less CR are Legend.

There are players who only want to raise CR, if the match is not easy... They try to draw without risking. Those players will be Legend (at some point) and players who have high CR but high %win ratio (fewer draws) will be Legend faster

choosing easy rivals... that's another topic. I was just trying to answer the question that was raised, because Spartako is Legend and Mattdaka is not. an example, in the general ranking with CR 171.5 a player is Legend (this changes depending on the CR of the other players) but there are players with 171 who are Legend because their % ratio is higher. these players have not been looking for easier matches, but have needed fewer matches to reach that high CR
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 12:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Win rate has no direct relation to CR or the bracket (super star, legend, etc).

The old CR system isn't properly tested with the addition of the new division, so it's not necessarily working as intended. I'm planning to revisit CR in the near future, switching to a new base algorithm (Glicko 2) and have thus simply left the existing CR as-is. It's mostly a waste of time for me to go through and review how the new division affects CR at this point since it's simply going to be replaced.

The intended functionality for the brackets is to have set CR ranges for each bracket, with hysteresis in place to limit jumping up and down all the time if you're hovering around the border between two brackets. For example, if Star would be CR 155-160 (hypothetically, I don't know what it actually is), you'd need to go above 155 to reach star. I think I used a 25% threshold, which would mean you'd need to get to 155 + (160-155)*0.25, or 156.25 before you got promoted. These bracket limits get recalculated once per day, more or less balancing the active players into equal size brackets, except legend which is set to top 50 coaches (slightly simplified, there's a thing to deal with smaller sets of coaches for a given rating). Weekly, there's a script that forces people into their corresponding bracket (ie, if coaches are above the limit, but below the threshold, they still get promoted).

Hopefully, I'll have the energy to get around to the new rating system at some point soon, but we'll see. There are other things I could do with getting done as well (seasons and redrafting for one).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I checked again the thread because I spotted Christer's reply (which is an official explanation, so I wanted to read it), not here to argue with anybody. Smile
Thank you very much for the reply, Christer!
As I said, I'm not complaining about the CR system and I know there are way more important things to do. Just knowing that the current CR system is not necessarily working as intended and it will be eventually replaced by Glicko 2 is enough for me.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I checked again the thread because I spotted Christer's reply (which is an official explanation, so I wanted to read it), not here to argue with anybody. Smile

But if you don't argue with anyone the forum will be pretty much empty.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The only Legends are brawling on the turf !
We, coaches, are just masterminds playing with their Destiny (and Nuffle puts his grain of salt sometimes, for us to taste this "salty taste").

CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2023 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Christer (for what it's worth) that the redraft should probably have priority over the CR as it actually is the rules.

I just stumbled to this post because I just realised that my page was stuck showing my CR [R] and not the combined one. I was just wondering if that's normal and if not how I can change it.
Yuri_the_Scourge

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2023 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There are only 5 players with rank legend left?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2023 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

With Glicko 2 rating I'm an Overall Legend again! \o/
Celebration time!
In Black Box I'm top 1 but just a mere Super Star, instead.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2023 - 17:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

With the Glicko-2 based system, the brackets are based on the average and standard deviation of (visible) ratings. To get to legend, you need to be 3.5 standard deviations above the average. For Blackbox, at the time of writing, this requires a CR on the order of 1850.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2023 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clarification, Christer!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I found out that the required CR to be a Legend is 1855.
 Jump to: