41 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I've done several searches, both in Google and in FUMBBL forums to try to find out whether character Aging is a thing in the current BB era, and I keep drawing blanks. I know that it was a thing in BB2/LRB5, but I can't find anything on it in BB2020.

Anyone know if characters Aging and retiring is a thing in BB20 and/or FUMBBL, and if so, what are the rules on it?
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL is eventually going to try and implement 'Seasons' from the BB2020 rules. FUMBBL decided on (I think) 15 game long 'seasons', at which point you will have a certain amount of gold to try and re-buy your team. If you win most of your games, the most you might have to spend is about 1350 TV worth of gold. (players+re-rolls+Apo, etc.) The new 'aging' is the fact that for every previous season a player has played, it costs an EXTRA 20'000 gold to rehire him.

Example: You have a 2 skill human lineman, with block and tackle, both chosen skills. So this is a player worth 90k. If you were to try and hire him for a 3rd season (Game 31, if you will) he would cost a whopping 130k. That is a ton of gold for one meh player, when you have 1350k or less to spend. These rules are spelled out in the league section of the BB2020 rules.

It's a complex system to devise on FUMBBL, so that feature will arrive when it arrives.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

FUMBBL is gearing up slowly towards this. If you look at any of your Comp division teams, near the bottom, just above their record of wins/losses, you will see the team's 'Current Re-Draft Budget'. This is what portion of the max 1350 gold the team has earned to re-make the new team.

The rules say you get the normal 1 million, plus 20k per game played, +20k per game WON, plus +10k per game that was a DRAW. So 15 wins = 1.6 mil. (edited after a brain-fart)

Last edited by The_Murker on Mar 03, 2023 - 08:12; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Treasury. however, 15 wins would be 1.6 million (300k for 15 games + 300k for 15 wins) but that would reach the max of 1350k.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ageing was a LRB4 thing, it became obsolete over a decade ago. I am no expert on Cyanide but I don't think ageing ever was in BB2.
It was replaced by other mechanisms for off-pitch attrition. First Spiralling expenses, now expensive mistakes and redrafting. Sadly redrafting is not implemented yet, which is why we have some grotesque players/teams out there atm. But it will come eventually.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Something I haven't understood - does TV also increase with seasons or is it only extra gold to redraft players?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

@DaCoach: The +20k per Season doesn't affect the TV of the re-drafted player. It's just a "tax" to re-hire him for next Season.

About Ageing: there is no Ageing, just Season Re-Draft, eventually. As other people said, currenty Season Re-Draft has not been implemented yet and there is no estimated date (don't ask when, just be patient and wait Very Happy ).
In short, it will be like so, on FUMBBL (your own private league could use different Season Re-Draft settings):

- 15 games per season
- Re-drafting budget of 1,000k + 10k per game + 10k per win + 5k per tie + team treasury
- Re-drafting hard cap of 1,350k (i.e. the maximum amount of gold available to re-hire your players, staff, rrs.)

Dedicated Fans don't have to be re-purchased.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been to a couple of table top events lately and aging is definitely a thing. xD
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
I've been to a couple of table top events lately and aging is definitely a thing. xD

I'm in this post, and I don't like it.

Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2023 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

I'm in this post, and I don't like it.

I'm in both of these posts & I don't like it Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2023 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
Ageing was a LRB4 thing, it became obsolete over a decade ago. I am no expert on Cyanide but I don't think ageing ever was in BB2.

It's absolutely an option in BB2 player-made leagues.

@everyone - Thanks for the answers. That explains why it was so hard to find any info on it. =^_^=
 Jump to: