41 coaches online • Server time: 13:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nekojin

Post 5 Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

As the title says. I've got a friends League set up, and we have seven confirmed players and one who is, at this point, uncertain. So if he's a no-go, we only have 7 players.

I'm assuming that FUMBBL can handle that, and someone will get a bye for each week. But I think that byes give a notable disadvantage for people who get byes early, especially the first week. Is there a way to assign rewards to a team that gets the bye? 1 TD and 1 MVP is what I had in mind. If I could pre-set this and automate it, all the better.
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2023 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Q: As the group/league admin, can you grant a reward to the coach of 7spp (3spp and 4spp) who get the bye each week?
A: Yes. But you'll need to coordinate with the coach to determine which player(s) on the team will receive the award, and edit the players directly.

Q: Can this be pre-set and automated?
A: No.

I'd also suggest using a filler team to make an even number of opponents to face... and so the filler game gets manually forfeited each round for two reasons:
1. As the admin, you have to manually forfeit the game, and it reminds you to coordinate with the coach to assign the awards, and
2. If you do get an eighth team/coach... it's easy to swap their team with the filler team. (If you setup the tournament for seven... there's basically no way to bring in an eighth.)

Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2023 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for those answers!
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2023 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I've run into another problem - I don't know how to assign the SPP rewards for the bye, and can't seem to find a way to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Edit: Moot now.
 Jump to: