34 coaches online • Server time: 15:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2023 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

T'au may be a species of aliens only seen in 40k, but I don't play 40k anymore and I still wanna smash T'au face in. And now I finally have a concept for how they would play.

Concept: in 40k the T'au are masters of ranged combat. So I feel, in Blood Bowl, they would be extremely good at passing. Like, every single one of them (except the Kroot) would have passing 3+ or better.

Roster link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iJMxLRCqMuwzs0ps0tVsMHJAeOIvJkteFPjOnamBxeg/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: I made this roster so I could hate T'au, I know very little about their lore so if any of you have lore-accurate change recommendations, plz lemme know Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2023 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As a Tyranid player, smashing T'au faces sounds good. The Hive approves.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2023 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems mostly solid. Throwers are a bit undercosted compared to the skaven thrower (closest I could compare to), but that might be the point given its T'au and throwing = shooting. Kind of feels like a skaven-human mix roster. I haven't played 4 nations to know what mass "dump-off" does. But at AG2 with catch, that might be a bit cheap for them too. But they're squishy with no combat skills so could be fine too.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2023 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually pretty cool.

Love On the ball blitzers.

This team looks like it will get crushed a lot, no S access pretty much means they are bad elves.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2023 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kroot should probably have M secondary access.
Possibly a Shaper positional with GASM primary access.

Thrower +AV +10k
Blitzer +MA +5k
— more competitive, and a stand out player in ma8 blitzer.

Hey I liked this roster, got me thinking. Nice.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2023 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, a 40K team. Nice.

That passing focus on all positionals is neat and original ! I've read on Reddit (so it's obviously the truth) that when you design a custom roster, once you remove the thematic coating, you must be able to pin down the team to its unique strategic flavour. Here, it's "team with all-passing dudes".

Howewer, Pa 3+ Dark Elves Runners show us Dump-Off needs PA 2+ to be used. And I'd say it's basically the same for running pass. If that strikes you as stepping too much on the thrower's area of competence, you could sticx Accurate to receivers and blitzers, and +5k. This way they can make quick passes on 2+.
 Jump to: