61 coaches online • Server time: 22:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead and Nurgle don't get a free player any more, right? Don't they now have to buy them?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I played vs Undead and the killed player was immediately resurrected and placed in the Reserves box.

For example, in this game:

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4442957
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling in turn sixteen is my way of acknowledging that my opponent is a better coach than I am. I've been taught it's a sign of respect.

In general, I'm not going to foul in turn sixteen if I've also won the game, or if I feel bad for the damage I've already done to my opponent's team. I'm not going to foul a rookie coach who may not have become accustomed to the way things are done on FUMBBL. I'm not doing it to make anyone feel bad.

But overall, I think I foul a little less than my opponents, and a lot more than I once did. Thru the magic of selective memory, I'm convinced the ref spots my fouls more often than statistically probable. (I foul more lately than I used to, partly because I've been playing more stunty... and I've been playing more stunty because I'm horrible at it.)

If my opponent gives me a juicy legend to foul and I'm a little salty at the loss... I'm aim'n for that legend. If it was a fair result, and I'm feeling pretty good about your win... the journeyman/loner on the field is leaving the pitch with cleat marks on his face. If it's a resurrection game, and the injuries don't count... I might foul indiscriminately in that final turn.

And yeah, I've given wildcard seed positions in the playoffs to teams with the most fouls... and I'm thrilled to hand out golden boots! (I've also seen how you folks foul, so I know I'll never earn one myself!)

So, if I foul you in turn 16, just know that's my way of saluting your prowess on the field.

razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Undead and Nurgle don't get a free player any more, right? Don't they now have to buy them?

Undead, Necro, and Nurgle get a free player for that game.

Undead and Necro get to KEEP that player for free in future games.

Nurgle has to pay the going rate to keep the player on the roster.

Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In XXXL we have fixed it. 1spp for every foul that causes casualty, to both fouler and foulie.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It’s all about role playing. What would you do, if you were a sneaky git goblin, in turn 16, no downside of getting sent off, and your arch enemy is lying on the floor, ready to be kicked in the head? In my view it is a shame for the game and an example of bad role playing if you would not foul.
Klunker

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
In XXXL we have fixed it. 1spp for every foul that causes casualty, to both fouler and foulie.

I like that rule!
kozak

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:

Rule of the year!
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
It’s all about role playing. What would you do, if you were a sneaky git goblin, in turn 16, no downside of getting sent off, and your arch enemy is lying on the floor, ready to be kicked in the head? In my view it is a shame for the game and an example of bad role playing if you would not foul.

Ah, but we don't have players anymore. We have pieces.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Clearly if we are going back into the depths of forum posts, only I, the greatest forum poster of all time (seriously, look it up) can answer:

Look, friend, read the room. Seriously, if that doesn't make sense, no other argument will.

Am I "supposed" to fill small links in Ticket to Ride to block others even when they aren't on my route?

Am I "supposed" to play Mariokart to see if I can help my youngest beat her big brother?

Am I "supposed" to say #$%@$@ it after my 13th stroke on a par 4 and put my score down as a 10?

Heck, am I "supposed" to have a Nurgle team with no pestigors or a halfling team with no trees?

I CAN do all of those things, and the question is only about the people I'm playing with and our collective enjoyment.

My primary goal on Fumbbl is to make the top ten lists, so that makes little sense to most, but we can still have fun.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2023 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not easy to make it to 16 fouls if you don't use the last turn.