47 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi coaches,

I've got this funny idea of seeing if a Big Guy could be a somewhat viable ball carrier. After all, their high strength makes it difficult for any sacker to get even a one die block on them.

I was thinking Rat-Ogres would be the best Big Guy for this :
-They have a reasonable MA 6
-Their negatrait can be worked around so they are guaranteed to move every turn
-They have access to Mutation skills, including the awesome (for that project) Monstrous Mouth skill.

So I've created an Underworld Denizens team (for the mutation skills on primaries and the mobile Snotlings for Animal Savagery handling).

Now, how about skills ? I was thinking about
-Block
-Monstrous Mouth

And then ? What do you think ?
sirvejlance

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun! Maybe big hands, extra arms, and break tackle?
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about deferring the big hand duty to a two-headed goblin. Extra arms sounds nice, but maybe I should also take general skills for defensive driwes, like guard ?
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BT a must, Extra arms makes sense, maybe Two heads. All stats are welcome. Block/BT and then stats probably.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The way I did it:
Took ogres. Would pick up ball with a snot. Put ogres all together in a cluster, attempt a handoff. Whoever caught it would get the TD. That plus cas's and thrown teammate SPP let me roll a lot of stats in relatively few games. One of them hit +AG and boom, ball carrier.
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1091038
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice team, Carthage ! That, plus spelledaren's suggestion, makes me think I'll go for a stat increase as soon as possible. An Agi 3 Rat-Ogre with Break Tackle dodges on 1+, which is neat. I guess there's no need to pick both Break Tackle and Extra Head, though. BT if I don't get the Agi roll, but Extra Head in case I do.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Tbf if wait all the way for a attribute roll and don't get Ag+, I wouldn't downgrade it all the way back to Break Tackle. Take movement!
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, good point. Circling around can allow for less dodge rolls anyway.

The rat-ogre is at 6 SPPs so far, I'm aiming for block as soon as possible, then the stat increase or Monstrous Mouth first ?

Anyway I'll tell you guys of how this goes.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the joke? Someone had something similar as a nick once.

"In spite of all his rage, he is still just a rat in a cage."

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a Block / Tackle Rat Ogre on tabletop and he's a pretty good carrier, but I've learned that Juggernaut is quite important on your Rat Ogre so he can get past pesky Wrestle players on his way to the end zone.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
Nice team, Carthage ! That, plus spelledaren's suggestion, makes me think I'll go for a stat increase as soon as possible. An Agi 3 Rat-Ogre with Break Tackle dodges on 1+, which is neat. I guess there's no need to pick both Break Tackle and Extra Head, though. BT if I don't get the Agi roll, but Extra Head in case I do.

+AG, Break Tackle and 2 Heads means you dodge INTO cages on 3+s and frenzy hit the enemy ball carrier with ST5.
Not saying its optimal.... but its funny.
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

give it dodge and another +AG and it's a 2++

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2023 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
I've got a Block / Tackle Rat Ogre on tabletop and he's a pretty good carrier, but I've learned that Juggernaut is quite important on your Rat Ogre so he can get past pesky Wrestle players on his way to the end zone.

Ah.
So I'd go Block, Monstrous Mouth, + stat (or Break Tackle in case I only get +PA), Juggernaut ?
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this idea. Most teams aren't built to take down a strength 5 ball carrier easily. Make sure to get block, to avoid teams -2db them with decent odds.

With underworld, you'll start off with enough disposable players to keep a mob from your ball carrier. But you want to design the rest of the team around this idea, too, to keep this running.

have fun!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

im working on it with multiples - the combo of extra arms, big hand, surehands...yeah thats a lotta spp dosh but the looks on faces when it works...glorious.
 Jump to: