62 coaches online • Server time: 21:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
Very interesting. How did you get the ball to it safely before that +Ag?

playing ogres and non-mino chorfs you quickly learn that 4+ pickups happen 50% of the time, you just have to be safe when trying them (i.e. no chance of harassers getting there next turn, or even the one after)

Also the mino is often around when the ball bounces off a big scrum, mostly because he's the one causing the bouncing, and 6s happen.

Quote:
Without Block, haven't you been pestered by -2D blocks too much?

A lot. It's kind of a cost of doing business.

Sp00keh is too kind, but those 13 TDs are a combination of pickups, bounce catches, handoffs, touchbacks... and at least one is from a concession.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so you felt going the +AV was worth more than Block. Honestly I'm not ballsy enough to do that. I'm hoping to get the missing SPPs tonight. But it's noted. When your mino has the ball, do you cage, or do you furiously throw it in the melee counting on its Strength 5 to do the trick ?
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I took +AV because it was the cheapest option given by the stat roll, and I liked the idea of a minotaur surviving longer than usual Laughing I didn't set out to make a scoring mino, TBH, it just happened and I rolled with it. I might take block later on.

I cage sometimes, when the opponent gives me reason to believe they'll try the uphill sack, otherwise he just needs a couple of handlers nearby.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

this: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=14938539
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2023 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What a scary dude. I'm surprised to see you tried a third stat increase. Were you aiming for another Agi boost ?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2023 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA +MA is arguably some of the strongest stats a ball carrier can get. its always worth going for it. getting +AG once (or twice) is basically icing, but +MA +MA is the main goal all ball carriers want.
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2023 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough on a MA 5 Ogre, but a Rat-Ogre has MA 6, does it need the +MA twice ? I'd rather take Extra Arms instead.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2023 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

MA until MA 9. You can use MA to get places you can't reach- extra arms only let's you need one less on a roll you're already going to do.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2023 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea. there's nothing* that can replace extra movement. Whereas most skills can be kinda replaced by rerolls

*apart from Sprint
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough for Ogres, for which nothing has MA better than 5 as a baseline. But for UW, if I want to score fast, I'm giving the ball to my Gutter Runner. The Rat-Ogre ball carrier is here for longer drives when I want to try and stall before scoring. So MA 6 is enough for that.

At least that's the theory. It seems wrong to you guys ?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm, yep true. if you've already got MV9 then it does somewhat de-value +MV on other carrier...
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2023 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
What a scary dude. I'm surprised to see you tried a third stat increase. Were you aiming for another Agi boost ?

I wanted +st but settled for +ma Smile
 Jump to: