17 coaches online • Server time: 06:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Title got clipped.

I have a closed League. We're on Week 3, and a player has dropped. I've replaced him with a placeholder team, and one of the other players has said that he's got a friend that's interested.

I want to give the new player some catch-up SPP, but I don't really understand how to do that. Can someone give me some pointers?
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2023 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

SPP is in a weird spot. You know how to get to where you add skills for them, I assume. Its right before that point but you have to click on their SPP total over on their portrait.
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Not even sure about that.

It's clearly not on the Overview tab or the "More" dropdown. It could be on the Tournaments or Teams page, but I can't see anything on either of them that lets me do alterations to specific teams.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

no, its in the player profile itself. you have to give spp to specific players, not to the whole team
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the character sheet for one of the characters of another player's team, I can't see anywhere that I can change anything on that character.

In fact, I can't see any way to look at teams or managers from the perspective/abilities of League Manager. It's always the public sheet, never a league management sheet.
JamesLangley

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

From the coach's roster, click on the player's name and it will take you to a page that looks like this. From here, assuming you are the league manager, you can click "Edit Skills" to award them skills, or you can click the link on XPP to award them a certain number of Star Player Points.

Also, perhaps a silly question, but perhaps also very revealing--has this coach accepted the invite to the league? As in, is their team listed under the "Teams" tab on your league's page?
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

No, the new coach isn't in the league yet, but I've been trying to make changes to a placeholder team so that I can understand how it works. The placeholder team IS in the league.

I can't see any of the items you show there - the Clear Skill Rolls, Edit Skills, etc. on the Player pages for the placeholder team, nor for one of the other League member's team characters.
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

From the League's Teams page, I click on the team. From there, I click on the player. I get:

tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to be a league manager for the league the team is in.

Until they accept the invite and you import the team to your league, you won't have edit options for them. Otherwise anyone could edit anyone's league team.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, this is a League that I created, and I'm attempting to "practice" on teams that are in my League. That Halfling Catcher is on the placeholder team in my League.
JamesLangley

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting. Are you sure you're signed in? Sometimes relogging can fix that.

Try unreadying the team and making the changes? Pretty sure that shouldn't make a difference though if you're the league manager.
Nekojin

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I figured out what was wrong.

I had originally set up the League as a "Meta Group," because I didn't know how to properly set it as a League. Once I got the League identifier set properly (6 for standard Leagues), all of the teams in my League now showed "Import" in their League Team list (the place where I can Kick them from the Group). Once I Imported the placeholder team, I suddenly had the access to mess with the stats.
 Jump to: