25 coaches online • Server time: 09:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

We fear da Mighty Slann Necromancer Sloss-tti has become a legend that only a few remember. Tic, number one toady moving things forward for our fourth season of 'the bomma dat bomb at midnight' (and all the other times) terror that Blood Bowl hath become.

Firstly, the Norsii Iron Wolves dominated the pitch in season three! They took the ugly a.. <cough>the... umm... The Mystic Sparkle-Slann of Huah-Huah early in the season, and held it against all comers... ending the season undefeated. SLA20 season playoffs have begun. Kudos to KidCrestHill's I'm Hearing Black who kept the Iron Wolves from a perfect season. The Championship Playoffs and Shady Underground Tournament have begun, and we should know the outcome in less than a month.

In the meantime, it's time to look to the future. Time to figure out which teams will play in Season Four.

The league features hidden treasures to be uncovered in the course of play and/or discord riddles. Last season da Sparkly-sparkle Slann was found by the Iron Wolves, and if they play next season, they'll get to try to keep it. If they hold onto it all season, they have the option of taking it back to their homeland. In the meantime, rumors circulate that the Sacred idol of Potzipanzi may have been unearthed. It was last seen carried off by SL Shogun, but they were also lost in a freak wasabi accident. It's hoped, if we have enough rookie teams, they'll uncover the idol.

Things operate slightly different in the Lustrian jungle. Tribes of little people terrorize tourists who just seek tropical fruits and drinks with little umbrellas. As a result, and because some of us made a deal so we could get our drinks, the little guys get a bit of a break. Little guys are just a little tougher to take down in Secret League America (right stuff preventing tackle is in effect). We am just about having some fun with some crazy teams so we do limit the league to only one roster of any particular race. With over a hundred rosters to choose from, this shouldn't be an issue to find something to play.

If you yearn for playing some hot sticky blood bowl in the middle of the Amazonian jungle whilst searching for treasure and glory then this league might be the salve for what ails you!

How to apply:

For new teams that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA at any one time (I will list the currently taken teams in the second post of this thread). All new teams will be starting up in the rookie division, and the rookie division will get to play as long as we have at least eight teams participate.
For returning teams that want to continue playing: please also post here, stating which team you intend to bring back. Teams which played last season have first claim to a roster, and returning teams will play against each other as long as we get at least eight returning teams. Remember, if you don't choose to play a returning team, you give up your prior claim to the roster. Returning teams who plan to play this next season should go thru the manual redraft process, for which I'll send out instructions via PM. (Teams which went thru the redraft process at the start of last season and played up to four friendly games since then are still eligible to join this season as a returning team.)
Coaches may have a team in both the rookie division and a returning team. So far, we haven't had enough teams return to make a returning team division. Maybe this will be the lucky season!

(You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.) All teams will be eligible to play up to FOUR games in the open environment before the season begins.

This first season as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play with an anticipated start date of April 22nd.

As Sloss-ti once said: "Join the god🦆 league, or the pygmy gets it! Ribbit!" ;-P Tic say, "So many ducking rosters, surely one will be right for you!"

razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams lined up so far for Season Four
Format is Teamname (Roster) - Coach - East or West Timezone (or either)
Teams marked with a 'Ⓡ' have been confirmed redrafted.

Returning/Veterans
Secret Snotlings of America! (Snotling) - Supermercado08 - (Filler 11)
ⓇGhyran Guardians (Dryad) - BadatSport -
ⓇChorale Resplendent (Daemons of Slaanesh) - commisaro -
ⓇAnd Still We Rize (Zandri) - HouseT -
ⓇAl'Akhar Scorpions (Araby) - Sigmar1 -
ⓇArclight Raiders (Black Ark) - Curze - (Filler 12)
ⓇSigmar, Swerve (Witch Hunter) - Jagermeister -
ⓇTroubled Bridgewater FC (Savage Orc) - MrCushtie -
ⓇI'm Hearing Black (Slaanesh) - KidCrestHill -

Rookie
[SLA20] We've Gone Fantasy (Four Nations) - Xelron -(announced at the end of the season 3 recruiting thread)
Gluttony of Morrslieb (Daemons of Nurgle) - Nelphine -(announced at the end of the season 3 recruiting thread)
Khorny Koaches (Daemons of Khorne) - knine -
4 Winds of Petals from Heaven (Cathay) - DaCrusha -
Tlaxtlan Terroars (Lizardmen) - BadatSport -
Angry Tree Enemies (Isha) - Carthage -
Wayward Daughters of Mercy (Sisters of Sigmar) - deurbroucq
S'Elf Awareness (Sea Elf) - HouseT -
Ole Dirty Bastions (Engineers) - Curze - (Filler 13)
Khem Trailz (Numas) - Forcephield -
Curse of the Grey Earl (Undead Pirates) - Jagermeister -
Hochland Haunters (Ethereal) - QuantumFlavour
Vashtu Serpents (Kingdom of Ind) - Sigmar1
Hamato Clan (Squig) - Macavity (Filler 14)

Out
ⓇMorathi's Revenge (Pirates of Sartosa) - razmus - (Loser-geek-undersmoe)
Bone Golems (Ka-Sabar) - razmus - (Loser-geek-undersmoe)
Asuryan Argonauts (High Elf) - BadatSport -
Mingling and Mangling (Minotaur) - BadatSport -
Da Midway MonsterZ (Half-Elf) - deurbroucq -
[SL20] Fur in Strange Places (Kislev) - HouseT -
Relatable Cakes (Khainite Assassins) - MrCushtie -
Norsii Iron Wolves (Kurgan) - Kinks - (Communication in discord channel 4/8 )
Mash and Run (Half-Orc) - HouseT -
ⓇSlap and Tickle and Stab (Daemons of Tzeentch) - PraiseTheOmnissiah - (away from site 60 days)
Ulric Predators (Cult of Ulric) - PraiseTheOmnissiah - (away from site 60 days)
Mistborne Marauders (Fimir) - Ardonite - (No intention to return received.)
Political Punt-Its (Hobgoblin Slavers) - TactyHacky - (No intention to return received.)
Secret of the Throne (Ogre) - MolonLave - (No intention to return received.)
Trolling in Secret (Troll) - burnsy87 - (No intention to return received.)
[SLA2020] Snake-Maidens (Amazon) - Azur - (away from site 103 days)
ⓇDisciplined Anarchy (Avelorn) - Sigmar1 -
ⓇDownton Abby Normals (Flesh Golem) - Sigmar1 -

Last edited by razmus on Apr 23, 2023 - 22:40; edited 34 times in total
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2023 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Both of my teams (Morathi's Revenge and Bone Golems) are out this season, as I'm going to try for a while not to play in leagues that I also run.
knine

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2023 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Daemons of Khorne - name tba
DaCrusha

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2023 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

hello id like to join using Cathay. still choosing a name.
DaCrusha

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2023 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

my Cathay team name is: 4 Winds of Petals from Heaven
King_Mad

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2023 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering joining this season, does 2020 SLA still allow 3 starter games for new teams?
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2023 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

King_Mad wrote:
Considering joining this season, does 2020 SLA still allow 3 starter games for new teams?

No. Four friendly games for new teams, (and four friendly games for returning teams as well... post redraft.)

Supermercado08

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2023 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in for next season. May the snotling boot continue to reign
BadatSport

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2023 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be utilizing my Ghyran Guardians as the Veteran team, pending enough interest.

As for another team, for Rookie Season I will try....

Lizardmen -> Tlaxtlan Terroars
commisaro

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2023 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I will continue on with Chorale Resplendent, who will hopefully fare better now that they finally have a KoS
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2023 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be returning but I haven't settled on which team. Can you PM me redraft instructions for the Scorpions? I'd like to redraft them so I can compare them apples to apples with my other potential teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2023 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Heyo, are Necrarch Vamps available? If so I can sign up a rookie team, Optometrists Unite
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2023 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Carthage wrote:
Heyo, are Necrarch Vamps available? If so I can sign up a rookie team, Optometrists Unite

Yes, and I'll just need to extract a drop of blood for that signature. All signed up.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2023 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
I'll be returning but I haven't settled on which team. Can you PM me redraft instructions for the Scorpions? I'd like to redraft them so I can compare them apples to apples with my other potential teams.

Same here - can't decide between my elves and orcs at the moment