54 coaches online • Server time: 19:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 10:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
I think the reason they split old accurate into 2020 accurate and cannoneer is old accurate was too much of an auto pick.

How cute. i believe they needed 12 passing skills to make their 'buy a random skill cheaper' thing work, and it was Friday... and a deadline.... and thinking up new things is SO difficult.... and they just made any old trash and phoned it in.

And hence we have Arm Bar, and 10 terrible passing skills.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Technically Pick Me Up is a Trait, and the others are star player special abilities, so Disturbing Presence is the only AoE "skill"
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:

Anyway, about Disturbing Presence, I agree with what remetagross said (even if DP is sometimes taken and there is also Yheetee who has DP at start)

Well, in case of NOS vs Yheetee's Disturbing Presence, it would be just 1 test, way from being too complex.
To make it simpler, another idea for NOS: roll a D6 for each Disturbing Presence player in range. On a 4+ Disturbing Presence is countered. This is not too complex.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe make simple. potato and roll d6 if not pow win, if not tie. This not too complex ?

seriously nobody wants passing to be good ? if you could do long passes on 2+ with reroll there would be so much whine.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, after all, stalling inside a cage for 6 turns without risks is more fun than passing.
The fact is that the passing races are not that good, for being passing races, while the bash races can use multiple rr to safely move the ball without passing at all.
That's an issue too, not just the 2+ passing. Moreover, nobody said that we must use a D6 to work out throwing. There are many possibilities. Second edition used 2D6. We could use a D8, that way it would be hard to have 2+ long passes without many skills/PA boosts.
 Jump to: