35 coaches online • Server time: 15:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should She?
Yes
78%
 78%  [ 61 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 78

Malmir

Post   Posted: May 26, 2023 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted yes and nearly broke my mouse I pressed the button so hard.
JigerJones

Post   Posted: May 26, 2023 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand why they just adjust the price on Bomber and Cindy. Seems that would have fixed the problem.
remetagross

Post   Posted: May 26, 2023 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Because that would set a precedent for Fumbbl doing whatever house rule they want on top of GW's official rules.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 26, 2023 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
Because that would set a precedent for Fumbbl doing whatever house rule they want on top of GW's official rules.

This isn't a court of law. Fumbbl can already do whatever it wants.

The only reason it doesn't is because the Commish chooses not to.

He can ask for opinions but "do it or don't" is his choice alone.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2023 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes she should be a mega star, no FUMBBL should not add her arbitrarily as a house rule opening up that can-of-worms.

Also, let's see how the rule changes to bombs pans out before panicking further?

Oscar Wilde
remetagross

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2023 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm seconding this. It seems to me bombers are kicked hard in the gut by the latest FAQ, and Cindy was already a bit inferior to Bomber.
datom

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2023 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thirding that, although slight quibble with the last point, as the problem with Cindy isn't that bombers are too good now, it's the fact that Cindy is cheaper than a lino on a bunch of tier 1 teams, and that surely the intention wasn't to allow dorfs easy access to a 50k bomber against gobs or snots, or to make it easy for cash-rich teams to scum Cindy to stop the lower tv team getting that access.

So I don't think anybody minds Cindy running about on flings failing to achieve anything, but it seems weird that dorfs can have Cindy against goblins.
kozak

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2023 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I've voted no of course. GW should just bring back the racial exception for those star players.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2023 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cindy only available to Halflings and Bomber only to Goblins could be ok. If still too good a little price increase, 80k. For sure Bomber should not be just 5k more expensive than a rostered Bomma.
In my opinion tier 3 teams, being very weak, should have some Secret Weapons (rostered or through hired Star Players). That way, even if they lose, they are at least fun to play.
That said, bombers should not win games on their own, even on tier 3 teams. They should be a good tool, not an OP tool.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2023 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kaboom is seriously good - you can throw directly onto the ball carrier and guarantee the result. Cindy's special rule is one of the worst star player special rules. Also Cindy's lower AV makes a difference. I'd argue bomba is much better.

Oscar Wilde
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2023 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

We should get rid of the dumb idea that stars can play for several teams.
Give teams only access to players that fit the team's strengths and playstyle and it's gud.
I doubt GW will ever dare to rewrite that though, as it was a "selling point" for the new edition.

But I'd say keep C as intented close to vanilla BB. Best way for a huge playerbase to have a common ground to complain. L for varied BB with developed taste.