14 coaches online • Server time: 03:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Season Redraft:
It is a Must. Should strictly follows BB2020 User Manual rules (15 games sharp etc..,)
26%
 26%  [ 34 ]
It is a Must. But not strictly following BB2020 Manual (f.i : after more than 15 games and/or different redraft rules... )
23%
 23%  [ 30 ]
It is nice to have and can be implemented in several way. I am flexible.
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
I don't like it, but I will accept to be done with one of the previous option
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
I don't like at all and I think should NEVER be implemented in FUMBBL!
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
Pie!
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 130

koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

BeanBelly wrote:

I don’t think the meta is broken or anything dramatic like that.

The team just entered it's 4th season. You'd have been paying an extra 60k each for your big three.
Then there is the thrower.

Would seasons make much difference?

If not, how many seasons would it take?

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I don’t think seasons would affect my UW win rate, I enjoy playing them at any TV.

Essentially I’m saying my wins are not down to gaming the system to get Legends.

Seasons at first would be easy anyhow. As fees increased possibly dropping 70k re rolls would be a way to get the budget down as seasons started to bite.

But anyhow the gutter runner - they skill so fast I’d not really mind retiring one. My other team lost a 5skill gutter runner Dead. 8 matches in the new GR has three skills and is rocking the joint, no problem really.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1052012

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

UW is kind of spectacularly strong in the 2020 meta and the addition of seasons isn't likely to change much there.

Realistically the Storm Vermin is the real issue to rebuild there - the developed troll/rogre is nice to have but unnnecessary to skill heavily, the thrower can quickly skill leader and is done, and the gutter, insane as it sounds can do his role with only two heads.

I mean it's all really in how you use it.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

PS it is quiet cool slowly slowly skilling a Troll, team building is fun. But tbh a rookie troll does the basic job fine. That job been standing and getting hit.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BeanBelly wrote:
RDaneel wrote:

Last Minor's final i played https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4459978 learned me

But… I am also okay-to-decent at coaching Blood Bowl. For example I just posted a reasonable score in BBT with rookie teams, and none of them Tier 1. We took on our fair share of orcs, dorfs, UW etc.. and it was fine.

your achievement at BT8 is truly remarkable, congratulations. So is the ranking which is great because you do not mono active Tiers1 (to play BT8 you are forced to also use Tiers2 and your squad choosen: Amazons, Norse, Skaven, Chaos was very apt).
I find it commendable that players in the Top 20 are able to take risks in difficult tournaments like Trophy. congratulations

On the Minor's final you would have most likely won anyway because the level gap shows. Although I still think that even with the same Team Value whoever has a stat freak on his team has more value, because when the players then start to decline having a Legend on the field makes a difference.
But it also often does when the coach has more experience, which you have and I have not despite I like to chat a lot about strategy and tactics! Wink
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Realistically the Storm Vermin is the real issue to rebuild there -
I mean it's all really in how you use it.

Yeah I actually wrote pretty much that about the Blitzer, tho edited it for brevity.

UW is strong, but it is also how you use it. I really like playing with or against them. In bash- heavy box it’s is nice to have a different play style operating. Knowing the team well also helps me play against them, I don’t fear them.

I fear ruddy orcs! I find them powerhouse opponents at any TV and any coaching level.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
[ I like to chat a lot about strategy and tactics! Wink

Yeah I noticed ^^ that’s good. It’s fun to theory bowl, and share ideas. More power to ya!

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

BeanBelly wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
[ I like to chat a lot about strategy and tactics! Wink

Yeah I noticed ^^ that’s good. It’s fun to theory bowl, and share ideas. More power to ya!

there is always a need for a good commentator, even if he is not necessarily the best player on the pitch! Wink
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2023 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

There is nothing fun in UW ;p

Stupidly strong team that has way too many options so you dont even get shut down if one win con gets taken out. Wink

No wonder everyone has like 80+ win percentage with them.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2023 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss LRB6-era UW. Would be a good challenge to make it work, but not totally unreasonable. Current UW are just pure cheese.

Post 18 Posted: Jun 10, 2023 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
There is nothing fun in UW ;p

Stupidly strong team that has way too many options so you dont even get shut down if one win con gets taken out. Wink

No wonder everyone has like 80+ win percentage with them.

Look I find the average TV Amazons' more nagging.
I am the only BT8 coach who managed to lose with his Orcs three out of three games against Amazons... what a shame Sad
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2023 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the top teams so far in BBT, there is nothing much to support the view that Underworld are cheesy.
They are one of half a dozen strong races.

Probably only in a picking environment that they are OP. In an open environment like the recent Minor I took my best UW team to I had to go through all kinds of tough teams including Tackle heavy Dwarf.

Is there a FUMBBL or script page that shows a coaches personal win rate by race match up? Anecdotally I’m sure I do just fine playing v’s them. Coaches just need to ‘git gud’ and learn to deal with their unique (fun!) challenge.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2023 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

UW are definitely the best, they have the best win rates or close to in all formats.
Always above 55%

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2023 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Except NBFL. UW dont do so well at 2000+ tv
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2023 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazon, and UW have topped the stats I’ve seen Christer post on Discord. So as long as the gap to the next teams (Orc, Undead etc) is close then I think it is fine. One team always has to be top. Bomber gone is good too, might push down UW win rates.

I’m not too concerned by, or over invested in any one race. I’ve played 22 on FUMBBL under 2020 rules. Enough to form a view that the competition between the top half a dozen races is healthy. And that it’s darned hard work at the bottom of the pile ^^ always thus I think..