40 coaches online • Server time: 11:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Goblins have access to hire secret weapons and Halflings access to ingredients in Grudge League?
YES
75%
 75%  [ 25 ]
no (post WHY on thread below or your voice is not counted)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care. You choose. (vote goes for the option with most votes already)
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 33

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The results have now been gathered. Starting from the next tournaments (Worlds Edge Monumental Tournament and Kislev Open Champiuonships), gobbo weapons and halfling chefs are in (except some tournaments where it will be stated clearly that not even gobbo weapons or fling ingredients are allowed).

Thanks to everyone who voted in this poll! Smile

Should Goblins have access to hire secret weapons and Halflings access to ingredients in Grudge League?

None of the other teams may hire secret weapons, other star players or wizards even if this rule change is done!

No matter what the result of the poll is, stars and wizards are banned from Loren Forest Faerie Folk Cup, as mentioned on the Grudge league group page.

Mechanical view:
These teams just suck in the long run, so they need a little handicap to make them at least somehow playable. Any coach playing versus gobs or flings will get a huge load of CAS spps, even if the poor sods have hired some nasty weapons or tasty ingredients.

With this rules addition, the matches vs gobs and flings will not be so easy, even after all the Human and Elf linos get Block, Blitzers get tackle as first skill to maul those gobs and flings. Gobs and Flings get block only on doubles=loads of hurt to the little fellows!

Fluff view:

Goblin weapons
LRB 4.0 draft wrote:
Some Star Players are armed with special pieces of equipment that are called ‘secret weapons’. Although the Blood Bowl rules specifically ban the use of any weapons, the game has a long history of teams trying to get weapons of some sort onto the field. Dwarf and Goblin teams, in particular, have a well-earned reputation for using secret weapons and fiendish inventions to give their team a slight advantage. Nonetheless, the use of secret weapons is simply not legal, and referees have a nasty habit of sending off players that use them. More often than not, however, referees turn a blind eye to the use of secret weapons; this is often helped by a bribe from the offending team. After all, they are very popular with the fans, and more than one referee has been torn limb from limb by angry supporters after banning a Star Player and his popular secret weapon from a game...

Weapons are very gobbo-like. Weapons are completely against the BB rules, just like fouling. Fouling is also very gobbo-like, because instead of massive strength they try to overwhelm the opponent with their huge numbers. Usually there are 14-16 gobbos in a team (including hired stars).

Goblins try to sneak the weapons into the BB pitch to cause great havoc. (Havoc is very gobbo-like, an example of this is a TTM attempt with a troll. Poor gobbos...) Most likely, the gobbos have either bribed or killed the ref to bring the weapons on the field. "Any means for the victory, no matter how underhanded they be!" Smile

Halfling Master Chefs

Ingredients...yummy. Doughnuts...yummy. Spam...yummy. Halflings are great at cooking. I bet the Elf gets distracted while picking up the ball, if a goblin chef is using a copy of the Grotty Little Newspaper to fan the smells of his soup cattle towards the Elf players near the sidelines... Wink

Here's some more mechanical basis for Halfling master chefs, straight from the LRB (4.0 draft):

LRB 4.0 draft wrote:
Halfling teams do not have Wizards as such. Instead, their team must have a Master Chef as head coach, who happens to be a wizard in the kitchen! Master Chefs are free for the Halfling team.
The quality of the Master Chef’s cooking generally serves to inspire the Halflings on the team to perform exceptionally well, because they won’t get fed after the match if they play badly!

This basically means that a Halfling master chef is equal to a Necromantic/Undead necromancer, who may cast raise dead during a match. Either Raise dead should be banned from Grudge league or Halfling master chefs should be accepted into it IMO. Dwarf Runesmiths are not currently going to be accepted because Dwarves seem to be able to hold out on their own (Flings DO need a boost!). Besides, at the cost of 50k per a randomly working runesmith I doubt people would not hire him anyway.

LRB 4.0 draft wrote:
In addition, for every 20,000 gold pieces the Halfling team
spends before the match on extra special ingredients, the Master
Chef may roll an extra D6 before each half. As with the free D6
roll, a roll of 2 or more, the team will gain one Team Re-roll for
the half. Also the opposing team will lose one re-roll for the half if
any remain. You must spend all money before you roll any D6.

This is not free. Flings need money to buy new flings. Flings get hurt often. Flings need to freeboot new flings. Treemen take root. Hiring a Star Treeman is not accepted regardless of the rule change.

Last edited by Karhumies on May 31, 2005 - 18:17; edited 2 times in total
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The result of this poll will be implemented into Grudge League starting from the Kislev Classics tournament. This will mean July 2nd at the latest.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

There will soon be a somewhat similar poll about the usage of "Claw" and "Razor Sharp Claw" skills. Tyrant used to have a limitation of a single Dirty player in the roster but IMO we might also wish to limit the amount of Claw and RSC about. What do you guys think?

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike both for DP as claw RSC. Let everyone play as he want. If he tournament in a fluff viaw has limitation ok. Else no!
Habeli

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Gobbos definetly need those weapons - last time I played undead... uhh I had no changes:
one blodge ghoul and few tacklers = ball was hard to handle and harder to get it away from them...
same goes with Flings

DPs and RSC/CLAW s could be restricted or not allowed, too much carnage for some tourney, like this "elven tourney"
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hello
although i'd like to stay as close to the LRB as possible, cause i like the game, it seems to me that it is a good idea of limitating Claw-RSC, cause i fear them very much.
What does the Caos and Skaven coaches think about that?
In each case i feel that the limitation should be less drastic that the one only Dirty Player: this is a "discrimination" (i know the wors seems too strong, i just do not have enough vocabulary in english) against some teams that can acces to them.
While i was writing this i noted that we want to discriminate in favour of halflings and goblins and the like, and so why not in favour of those little, few elves we see in our league?
What can we do, limit then to 2 RSC and 2 Claw per team?
or limit to 2 RSC and/or 2Claw?
(less than two claw cannot be the case cause the poor necromancers would not be able to field those friendly werewolves!).
bye!
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The werewolf point was a really good one. I forgot about that. Smile

Most likely the limit will be 3 of any combination of Claw and/or RSC in a team. This way the Chaos/Skaven can have an edge over the Necromantics without becoming too bashy. However, I might make it so that if you have three Claw or RSC, you can not have even 1 DP in roster.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The results have now been gathered. Starting from the next tournaments (Worlds Edge Monumental Tournament and Kislev Open Champiuonships), gobbo weapons and halfling chefs are in.

Thanks to everyone who voted in this poll! Smile

Jump to: