48 coaches online • Server time: 18:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2004 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

yes why not could be a good idea. I didn't consider that option but now that you telling me this I think it would be a good way to handle it.
G_Force

Post 20 Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 6 and 8 respectively is a good solution to the problem.

on the who qualifies? side of things how about top 2 from each group then higest scoring 2 (2*2+2 = 6 from 10 player groups, 3*2+2 = 8 from 20 player groups) this strengthens the emphasis on group play performance and the challenges being a tie breaker.

to modify your example from earlier....

e.g.

group1 points challenge points total

team A 15 3 18
team B 8 3 11
team C 5 2 7
team D 3 3 6
other team

group 2

team E 10 0 10
team F 9 4 13
team G 9 3 12
team H 5 3 8
so then who is qualified

A&B and E&F automatically (first and second of respective groups in term of points-challenge points is tie breaker - so F beats G on challenge tie breaker)

the remaining team qualified are G anf H since they have the most points in total and not C even if they finished third in the other group.

This means that if one group seems to be scoring stronger there is still something to play for in the other group(s) (besides personal pride) rather than the 'i won't finish first so why play' attitude that sees so many tourny teams retire part way through (I hate that)

just a thought for you to mull over, you're tourny = your decision Smile

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well why not, on this on I'm pretty open. This is also a good way to handle it but the argument given doesn't fit, IMO. It's the same for one way to handle it as for the second.

If a group tend to have 2 top teams and other far away, they can't qualify even if the other group tend to be more equal in point.

IMO the 2 systems are as good each other but they are only a matter of personnal likes.

I like basketball and the system I chosed tend to be alike.
The other one is nearer of football system.

Well so we are 1 for one system, 1 for the other so let's wait on some other replies.
Yop25

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont care of witch system as long as i'm qualified Wink
Zweiblumen

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

We can only use the second system, if we use the 8/8 or 8/6 Teams in Play off solution. But if we do i would like the 2nd version first & second automatically and the rest by points a little little bit more

Recordopedia Spluttanica
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2004 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ok then first and second auto and the rest by points. Could be ok too.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

come on coaches, play your games! My team is getting bored...
Wink
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In the last match in our group the True Cultists of Tempus encountered SergeiBautins Dwarves. Both teams had won all other games (each 9 points) and this was the top game.

But both teams started with an incredible poor performance. (e.g. his runner needed 5 attempts to get the ball) The Dwarves started to controll the game when their luck improved at the end of the first half. An amazing turn, indeed, that led to the first TD. It included a 2D block, a 2D block in my favor, gfi and a completion, and all that without a reroll.... After that the Dwarves found back their playing style, but my players were completely confused. We could not score a TD in the second half. Why? Mmm, Too few pows from us, dodging dwarves, and, not to forget: Good playing from SergeiBautin!

Looking at the game, the Dwarves were the better team. We need Block on all our players. That is a too great weakness, especially vs Dwarves.

I still think we will make it into the Play-Offs and can take revenge!
Guvnor

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an idea to make the next season run smoother...
Someone would receive sk8bcn's PM to every group member and tidy it up so that it read like a natural english speaker wrote it. Then they would mail this edited copy back to sk8bcn who would only send this new edited version out to everyone in the group.

We love you sk8bcn, but we can tell you are not english Smile

All it needs now is someone to volounteer.
I don't mind doing it myself, But I have proven myself unreliable, missing redlines Sad

Anyone else?
Guvnor

Post 20 Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It may have been just me...
but I wasn't too clear about when the redlines were.

I like the idea of set redlines that repeat each month, like:
9th
18th
27th of each month (covers every month including February).
This schedule can be altered to fit more or less matches in per month (7,14,21,28 4 games a month for example). Just as long as it fits into all the months the tournament is running on

This way you know exactly when each redline is without even having to switch on your PC.
I think sk8bcn already mentioned this structure, but I second it as a good idea
Idea
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy he he Guvnor. That's right. Actually I wanted you to give your opinion in this thread:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5228

and as you can see, I updated the text with your version of the post Wink
 Jump to: