24 coaches online • Server time: 07:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
destroyer_dabes

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason, gut instinct serves me well in fouling too. For the longest time, nobody but Al Gore would provide casualties from fouling, and now its ironic that he is the one left without guard and with the lowest spp total. He still boots like a pro, leading me to use him over the others out of respect for his abilities. Its also really fun to tell your opponent that fouling their prone one turner to death is an inconvienant truth Smile
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The one fouled must be better than the fouler.

Nature_Warden wrote:
You're too lucky for your own good Dabes... save me some of that honey.. Sad *Averages about 50 of late*

Anyways, the wierdest thing is, I'm not sure this'll help but I've been getting all zen about my fouls, just sensing in the air when the right moment has come to just lay the boots to that guy I picked out... You prolly won't see it from the replays but it's been like tricking luck into building up to a cas... I think in my last game my DP racked up a niggle, a BH and a KO, not that it won me the game, it's just about timing your shot guy, don't rush it, savour it a bit but don't treat it so cold as to save it for absolute last either... Kick him when the gut grumbles man, I don't even know but here's to lucky charms...
destroyer_dabes

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree. The odds of cas'ing a player with a dp foul with full assists is roughly 40% while the odds of getting kicked out are roughly 16%. By my calculations, the opposing player must be about 75% as good as your own to justify a boot.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2007 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I must have quoted the wrong message. I were supposed be about fouling with a block-guard DP. No sence in fouling a block-lineman with him.
Tulkas_jrrt

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey hey, usefull tips for fouling. Last week i spend 5 and 3 turns just to foul a Norse Yeti and a sylvian tree. It was very usefull

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

hasn't fouling changed a bit since this thread started?
hbgs

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

An almost 8 year necro ... *shudders*
Tulkas_jrrt

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry guys, i wasn't trying to disturb this old topics from his rest ... You can delete all this if you want.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the answer you are seeking is yes.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It is far less effective than in in the previous rules of LRB4. Personally I rarely foul, but are you using dirty player (or even chainsaw)? Are you gang fouling players? Are you fouling with low value players on high value players?
The problem I see with it is you can easily have a sending off and don't have great chances of more than a stun with a non-dp foul.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

with fouling (even with elves) i dont generally unless i can get an armor break with a roll of 7 without the DP. i see it as an additional blitz on a scary downed player. with a usual av8, i will foul with two assists. not a "gang foul" but will trade even if i lose a 70k lino vs a 200k star.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

fouling is bad, m'kay.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Lately I've been fouling almost automatically if assists bring the AV roll down to 5 no matter what. I don't win much.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="RedDevilCG"]Lately I've been fouling almost automatically if assists bring the AV roll down to 5 no matter what. I don't win much.[/quote]
LOL. This confirms my belief that fouling is just over nerfed. Without DP I would only consider it if the target can win the game by himself, OTT or wardancer and I lack any tackle. Still then I would take into consideration if loosing the fouler is worth a KO.
I will only consider DP on cheap linemen, because than I can afford a substitute.
Back in fourth I always had a DP on my DE. Now I didn't make it into high enough TV to buy me a DP. For elves your looking at 90k for a DP who only becomes effective with 3+ assists, which typically means you are giving away a better position or you are already winning in numbers.

So fouling, yeah I like the fluff but no it is not very effective so you need to do it a lot or really commit to it to have a reasonable impact.

If only sneaky git would have some real value.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2015 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I rarely foul. I seem to roll doubles reliably and can keep a running tally of 10-15 sendoffs in a row at times these days (in cyanide version my streak was in the 70s for a time).