43 coaches online • Server time: 11:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

Marcellus

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2012 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I still think that Tyler Brosius has had one to many head contusions ---- calling Medora the "pure" pocket passer when Barrowman had more completions and more yards passing. It is this kind of "live guy bias" that has been perpetuated through the media for years . . .
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2012 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well when Barrowman had more rushing scores (2:0) and more rushing yards (74:58,) I'd say that Medora didn't spend as much time moving the ball forward as Barrowman did. Thus he was likely in the pocket, chucking the ball around to who was open (as he had 4 yards per completion, compared to 2.857 for BM).

But it was mostly just an attempt to help differentiate the candidates for the voters Smile

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2012 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome Depot

Week One: Ohio State Drunkguys vs UNM LoBlows
ImageImage

Chris Fouler: Welcome to the College GamePlay show, where we review and preview all of the recent National College Blood Bowl action! The NCBB is in its opening week of the new season, and tonight at 10 eastern we feature the game of the week between THE Ohio State Drunkguys and the UNM LoBlows. Let me introduce my partners, former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. The first week of the season starts off with a bang, doesn't it fellas?

Anthony Killer: Quite a matchup we have, indeed. Ssshould be a great contest.

Tyler Brosius: Anytime the preseason #1 team faces another top five opponent, it's a big game. When it's also in the opening week, you have the perfect setting for a visit from College GamePlay.

Fouler: That is is, Brosius. There are high expectations for the Drunkguys this season, as nothing less than a national championship will satisfy their rabid, thirsty (for both beer and blood) fan base.

Brosius: That's right, Chris. Ohio State has the most talented team in the nation, including a good number of senior players. They'll look to bring the pain with season 12 CBBS defensive all-americans Chris Spielman and Mike Vrabel.

Killer: And they'll need them badly in an effort to try and ssstop another ssseason 12 CBBSss all-american, Ssstoney Case. He was the leading rusher in the nation last year, and had two ssscores on 21 rushing yardsss when these two teamsss met last ssseason.

Fouler: UNM won the contest 2-0 last year, but both the aforementioned Spielman and Vrabel were out with injuries. Neither team is afraid to engage in a slug-fest, but neither is adept at taking damage. What do you guys think the biggest X-factor will be in the contest?

Killer: The inducements that UNM will get can certainly turn things in their favor. I expect that both sssides will focusss on dealing damage in the first half, and UNM can be better prepared for the sssecond half with babesss and extra doctorsss. It could give them the edge they need to pull off the upset.

Brosius: Although they're unlikely to change their gameplan, if they even have one, it might behoove the Drunkguys to NOT trade blocks with the LoBlows. UNM is one of the few teams that Ohio State can't straight-up out-muscle, so they should be more precise and tactical in this game. However the Drunkguys will likely see it as a challenge, though, and attempt to go straight through the LoBlows.

Fouler: With that being said, who do you guys see winning this outstanding matchup?

Brosius: I've got THE Ohio State winning this matchup 2-1, as their defensive stars will be foaming at the mouth to get a shot at UNM, after missing their contest last year. Stoney Case is good, but he's also just one player.

Killer: I'm actually going with a 2-2 tie, asss the inducementsss that UNM getsss will help them greatly in the sssecond half. They may even have to resort to a gobo-tosss for a ssscore, but you do what you have to do.

Fouler: Well there you have it folks. The preseason #1 team, Ohio State, faces off with the #5 ranked UNM LoBlows later tonight. Join us next week for another episode of College Gameplay, and enjoy the contest!

Don't drop the soap.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2012 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Those guys don't know spit from spina bifida...

THE Ohio State wins 3-0 and the LoBlows are left in shambles.

LET'S PLAY!!
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2012 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
Those guys don't know spit from spina bifida...

THE Ohio State wins 3-0 and the LoBlows are left in shambles.

LET'S PLAY!!

The LoBlows were unfortunately waaaay too early to the stadium, and after waiting around for an hour got bored and took off to a local bar where they found themselves challenged by another group of drunkguys.

In the melee the power was knocked out and the LoBlows were unable to make it back to the stadium in time to face the real drunkguys...

{serioulsy, my power did go about about 45m before game time, and it didn't come back on for 3 hours, though I was already asleep by then anyway :p}
Russo

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

BYU 2 - 1 Northwestern Wildfrogs

Frogs hate blood and they made sure they did not spill any of their siblings precious red juices in this high-action but no-damage game.

Two evenly matched college teams battled it out for the kudos of being the NCBB's Top-Frog, and boy did they battle for every ball...loose or not!

The Leap skills of both sides were put to good use and no cage was safe from the lads in green skins with webbed feet. Time and again the ball was spilled and sides scrapped to break loose. Fortune started to favour the BYU as they managed to start getting the lucky breaks and sensing that Nuffle was with them they repeatedly pushed themselves to the edge to try and out-do their team mates. One frog was spotted leaping 35 meteres and doing a double piroutte in mid-air before landing on a small toe!

Northwesten Wildfrogs did battle hard andmanaged an equaliser before looking for s econd score, but saw the carrier sacked and a breakaway TD scored by BYU to settle the game. Late pressure from Northwestern almost saw a second equaliser but again they lost the ball and BYU had a long-shot at a third TD before Nuffle told 'em to stop pushing it!

Good game and maybe...just maybe a new grudge match rivalry has been born

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2012 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Nevada vs. Oregon at 8:30 pacific (U.S.) time tonight!
lwCoyote

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!

I'd be interested in joining the league when there is room for another team (assuming the start of a season, of course!). I'm not super-familiar with the NCAA format, but I am at least aware of it.. I don't follow football IRL, but I do follow hockey (including, to a much lesser extent, ncaa college hockey) so..er.. yeah. Pie!
Russo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

LowBlows 2 - 1 Bullfrogs

Well the Lowblows took the points in T16 after a dogged if somewhat unprofessional game which saw mixed performances by players on both sides. Repeatedly players on both sides failed basic stuff meaning that the playing field was leveled a little bit and the side that put two good turns together would likely advance closer to the win.

The NCBB wizzie turned out to be all flash and no bang and Sibli the star was useful if somewhat limited in value when the rest of the team turned out to be even more powder-puff than the wizzie had been.

Special mention must be made for the BYU catcher who leaped, fell and died on the spot. BYU are lodging a formal complaint to the groundstaff for allowing the field to be littered with harmful spikes....of grass Razz

Well done licker...you licked me Laughing

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2012 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, it was a match filled with ups and downs (mostly downs) as the loblows continued their uneven play. Star in the making Luc Longly was so eager to injure BYU players he went to the ground with them, figuring that even if he risked injury himself it was worth it to take out the hated rivals.

Stoney Case was his usual ball hogging self as well (rushing for 37 yards!) but BYU continually knocked him off his feet in the 1st half, scoring 3 perfect single take downs (3 for 3 POWs on leaping blitzers), though fortunately UNM was able to recover the ball each time.

In the 2nd half the Frogs had a well screened advance down the bottom of the pitch, only to backfire as a blocker rerolled a push into a both down, giving stoney a chance to land a blitz of his own. Stoney though, knowing that if he got the ball out, would likely not have a chance to score himself, smartly fell to the ground next to the ball carrier, allowing BYU to get the equalizer on turn 12.

He then proceeded to pick up the ensuing kickoff and directed his teammates to 'just keep me on my damn feet this time' all the way down the pitch for 'his' TD. Upon scoring it he yelled 'how you like me now Kelvin!!!' at Scarborough who scored the 1st TD even as Stoney had tried to get up off the turf to get the ball himself in the 1st half.

Kelvin simply said 'That's Stoney for ya' and then broke out his Stoney Case voodoo doll and stuck a needle right in the ass. The fans were so shocked that a LoBlow besides Stoney managed a TD (hell, managed to simply hold onto the ball) they promptly voted him MVP. Stoney was heard to be saying 'I'll show you' and '@#$#% that Kelvin, little punk ass, trying to copy my game...' as he tore up posters of himself fans were trying to get autographed.

There was also some unconfirmed chatter that the coach of the Dallas Pomboys was at the game, talking to Stoneys agent trying to see if he could get him to declare early for the draft. Stoneys agent could neither confirm nor deny the reports saying simply 'Stoney is the best damn player the game has ever seen, if Dallas wants him they better come to my house with 16 truckloads of squig balls, those things are delicious!'.

Well done to you as well Russo, the dice were certainly not on your side for much of the match, but you kept the pressure up all the way to the end. Made me roll more dice than I thought I would have to, that's for sure Very Happy
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: May 03, 2012 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Does my breath smell? I tried to ask about stuff from Aenir, and as soon as I said that I would like to play a game he stopped talking to me. Then I got a grab at Russo, and the same thing happened. Can I play, please please please?

(information: I was in the first seasons of NCBB, and then went missing. Played my last game 27 months ago, but now I would like to play a game and get some pixels killed)

Post   Posted: May 04, 2012 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

my Bull just rolled double 1 for his skill, what you guys recon

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7921543

Post   Posted: May 04, 2012 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If it had been old rules I would have said Stand Firm so he never goes down but now...not sure

Sidestep is a Double I think that he would be good with as he has dodge and Break Tackle so he is a pain in the ass.

He badly needs block though so I might be tempted to ignore double tbh

Skills he would be good with:

Block - Attack / Defense
Sure Hands - Attack
Strip Ball - - Defense (combined with break tackle he will be very handy blitzer)
Tackle - Defense

BiggieB is my idol
licker

Post   Posted: May 04, 2012 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

He's a senior, take Block.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: May 04, 2012 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah block helps him the most

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: