12 coaches online • Server time: 06:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Certainly having an injury rate of almost 30%, despite being injured and removed from the roster, should make Bret Cuthim make the All-American team, no?
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 22:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Im just amazed that a Nippon Player made it in.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

No players from #2 Texas, clear racial prejudice against DElfs. It's a dark day - or not, as the case may be.

And no AA team last year or the year before, before some of our best graduated, before Darkvante Harris hit SuperStar and slowed to let others be groomed. It's a conspiracy!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sutherlands: I considered him there, but hey, if you don't believe in him, why should I Wink

@Smeat: Nation's #2 Texas (TCU) has two players on the list... Wink
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Once more @Smeat:
Checked the data again. Aggroes problem is, that the team seems to be the star. No egos, no divas, just the love for the sport and a strong fellowship.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2015 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really sure that him breaking his neck means I don't believe in him...
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
Once more @Smeat:
Checked the data again. Aggroes problem is, that the team seems to be the star...

I know, the blessing and curse of DElfs.

I just had to protest on general principle. Laughing

(I think I might grind Darvkante's junior-year numbers by hand, see where he would have been last year before he hit Superstar.)

Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, 197 yards and 9 TD's, plus 39 blocks in his spare time. (& 19 more + 1 TD in the Orange Bowl win.) And that was a short season, only 2 OoC games!

That's more than one current AA has for their whole career combined, and almost more than the other.

(You mind if I give him "AA" status for Season XIX? Any other contenders?)

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Season XIX? Yeah, baby. Bring it on. Xipe-Totec was the MAN.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If more than 197, happy to share. Wink

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, different position. But 15 Cas.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The Clemson AD is very happy to land 4 players on the All American team. Hopefully this well help our boosters donate even more to our prestigious university and improve the quality of athletes recruited each season at Clemson.

On a side note Clemson's DC had received various head coaching offers from some Non-AQ schools but has decided to stay Clemson's DC for a few more seasons....The fact that the Black Tower Necromancer on the team threatened to add him to the practice squad zombie squad if he attempted to leave is purely hearsay....
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2015 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I hope to go back and do both the all-American and awards voting (perhaps by a vote, perhaps not; it depends on the interest I see) from the seasons that we missed. It won't feel the same but at least the fluff will be there

After all if it wasn't for the fluff, we'd just be a group of losers dominated by Kryten and happygrue every season. But instead we have excuses!

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Here we are at least, bowl season! It's been a long time coming but the end to our campaign is near, but not before we have some awesome matchups, scores settled, and lots of blood and beer. Oh and something about a 'shmampionship' game or something.

McNurgle's BowlImage

UCon (1-4-3) vs Navy (0-2-6)

TBH I couldn't find a lot of good (and by good, I mean bad) teams for this spot because several of the worst-record teams were not returning for next season. But after missing several of their games, UCon needs a wake up call. And while Navy won't be here for next season, I knew that there was one thing that could get them up off their boney butts: another chance to take down UCon.

Wonderbra Wonder Bowl Image

Buffalo (3-4-2) vs Arizona (3-5-1)

Some teams with pretty 'meh' campaigns look to gain a small boost to recruiting, or maybe their coaches will have more breathing room from the school's AD. Either way, this is not where they want to be bowl-wise. (It is a good fit for Arizona though, cup-size wise!)

Killer Lite Bowl Image

South Florida (4-2-2) vs ITBA (4-3-2)

I know little to nothing about these schools so perhaps they'll do their talking on the field and thus we can learn something about them.

Tossitos' Fiesta BowlImage

Hawaii (4-3-2) vs Old Dominion (5-1-3)

The Flyin' Hawaiians are the conference champions of the SCC but they don't have the same aura that they used to carry (they did win a national championship previously). Still, they had a solid season and now face the 'third wheel' in the FBC in a feisty Old Dominion squad.

DedEx Orange BowlImage

Alabama (5-1-3) vs Missouri (6-0-3)

Both of these teams had very respectable seasons but finished second in their respective conferences behind a team will play in either the Rose Bowl or Championship game. Now they get a chance to cap off their campaigns with a marque win that could set them up for a top 5 start to next season, in what will be a great clash of styles.

Uluthan's Rose BowlImage

Texas SnM (6-1-2) vs Rolla Gold (6-1-2)

While both teams are disappointed to not be in the championship game, and both could make a really good case, facing off in the majestic Rose Bowl is a solid consolation prize. Not to mention that these teams met during Out-of-Conference play in a beatdown of SnM. So Rolla Gold can add another win to the record of their soon-to-be-mass senior class (as the make one last run at the title next year after two straight Rose Bowl appearances), while Texas SnM can get some revenge on the team that whooped them and perhaps kept them out of the championship.

BCS Title GameImage

Oregon (8-1-0) vs TCU (5-3-1)

Unbeaten Oregon goes up against the up-and-coming TCU squad looking to make its mark in the NCBB. Many teams who reach this game against the Waterfoul are awestruck by their coach alone, who can't even wear all nine of his championship rings at once. Being able to focus on the game is going to be key, and simply doing everything just like you've done all year will go a long way. But will it be enough to take home the trophy?

And be honest, you didn't think twice when I said Oregon had won nine titles. Before this season, they've played in seven but have only won three. But it seems like way more, right?

So there you have it folks: the bowl games have been announced, and the matchups are going to be great! It's been a long season with several delays, but we are finally going to finish it off with style. Best of luck to everyone involved, and be sure to post when your games will be played.

Don't drop the soap.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2015 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck to all. Go NAVY!!!

\o/

Jump to: