51 coaches online • Server time: 20:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. I know that there is not enough Secret League activity to support a black box. I don't think I would black box in it's current form to split up the SL base.

However, it would be nice to have the option to put your team in a blackbox and get matched up against the next team to apply that is within about 200 TV. I would love that as an option in the SL open division. I just want to get games more quickly and not sit around wondering if I am a picker or getting picked. Since SL has zero impact on CR and not considered "the most competitive division," you would not have to worry about a minimum number of teams to trigger a draw. People who want to choose their matchup would still do that with the normal gamefinder option. I just think it would be a good place test such an option.

Anyway, I know it probably won't happen but it is on my wish list.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that Cyanide allow a scheduler to be attached to any league. Wink

Jus' sayin' Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

One idea may be to bring back Slams.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking at slams today too. Do we have enough interest to get four coaches online at once?

koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we haven't managed 74 for the [SL]UMBBL Cup before Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I believe that Cyanide allow a scheduler to be attached to any league. Wink

Jus' sayin' Wink

But in my never humble opinion, Fumbbl is much more fun.

+SL

Slams would be an improvement if we knew people were shooting to start them at a fixed time each day. A scheduler would be superior because it would go off whenever you have two teams ready to throw down.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2019 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Slams can run whenever admins are available to run them and coaches are available to play in them.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
One idea may be to bring back Slams.

Do you do your open format Leagues still? They work well, don't they?
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Mouse,

Sprints still run.

I don't do Open RR leagues any more. Though Tzalaran runs the SL Rookie Training Grounds

Open leagues can suffer from dodging and cherrypicking though.

Last edited by koadah on Sep 21, 2019 - 00:21; edited 1 time in total
Chivite

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2019 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Open leagues can suffer from dodging and cherrypicking though.

That is why I also find the idea of a secret league box so nice. I would love to develop a large SL team, but open leagues deal with cherrypicking, and closed leagues deal with schedules, I think it would be fun
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2019 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to SL Black Box.
It would even make data about teams' win rates more meaningful and reliable.
Keeping GF would be bad, because teams could be farmed through picking, then be activated in the SL Black Box and that would be unfair for the pure MM coaches. Also, 2 systems would split the small userbase, like it already happens with R and B.
Only 1 pairing system should be used, the automatic scheduling is the best one.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2019 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
+1 to SL Black Box.
Keeping GF would be bad, because teams could be farmed through picking, then be activated in the SL Black Box and that would be unfair for the pure MM coaches. Also, 2 systems would split the small userbase, like it already happens with R and B.

No it isn't.

Give it a rest Matt. You already have one black box. Feel free to use it if you want a 'pure' experience.

There isn't the user base for that. It would need to be gamefinder & black box combined or forget it.

Either way, people min maxing and grinding with killer teams would kill it stone dead in no time. See US time zone Box.

Unless it is fairly easy to add to all leagues, it not going to be worth Christer's effort.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2019 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If it has to be GF + MM scheduler I agree it's not worth the effort.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2019 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
+1 to SL Black Box.

No it isn't.

Give it a rest Matt. You already have one black box. Feel free to use it if you want a 'pure' experience.

There isn't the user base for that. It would need to be gamefinder & black box combined or forget it.

Either way, people min maxing and grinding with killer teams would kill it stone dead in no time. See US time zone Box.

Unless it is fairly easy to add to all leagues, it not going to be worth Christer's effort.

Black box with no minimum number of teams to activate just two teams with similar TV. People who want to get a quick game would use it. People who don't wouldn't.

It would just help get a match quicker. I don't see a downside. (Outside of effort to program it.) If you don't want to risk hitting a killer team you just don't activate but you have the option to do it if you want to.

Like I said, it is just on the wish list.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2019 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be a nice option for sure