13 coaches online • Server time: 05:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Timppis

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2008 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

About the baseline scoring...

Great idea, but REALLY REALLY hard to find teams that give those points

I'd suggest that the CR limit would be lowered or taken away, because you can find teams that are tougher, but coaches with CR +155 who have teams that are tougher and yet play are now in somewhat decline Razz

Maybe it's because my own cr is finally up Razz
clarkin

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2008 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
I have taken a stab at control of category E with this ass-kicking from last night: Ouch! Get the ref combined with dirty player really put the hurt to the necros, one wolf dead, the other MNG. This combines nicely with a match against vampires: Oof! This brings my category E total to 60!

15 games into the Synnful Sprint, and things are going well. I look forward to completing the cycle. Overall, this has been the most fun I've had with a team in a long time, guys are getting battered and killed, and I laugh! It's great.

Legion of Longevity

Nice work Kryten. I'm sad to say that you have the result vs my orcs as one of your scoring games Sad I tried my best to slow down your ELF season to help out my pro elves but it just wasn't to be!
Timppis

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2008 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Four last games, combined casualties for the Eataine Sea Guard

3 / 2 / 1

Against

4 / 2 / 9

BUT, nice baseline wins from both Chaos and Dwarves, so having just 9 players of whom one niggled is nothing but seriously fun Very Happy
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2008 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the fact that these games are hard to find is indicative of personal bad habits which we dont think of as cherrypicking but consider it "good sense"... in any case no one said that you had to have ten baseline games to win, surely other people are having the same problems?

Maybe a longer season? Especially with the spangly new minors to lock your teams Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Jeppan

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2008 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Baseline is great for the low TS teams! It should be tweaked however, so that the higher TS can participate and win. TS 249+ should perhaps count for baseline as TS at those levels does not amount to such a big difference.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2008 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

E.L.F. Season XVI Snapshot Standings.

63 active teams in the 2nd week of play in Season XVI. Recruitment is now closed to all but fresh TR100 teams – experienced teams will have to wait until after the season ends to join.

Wood Elves continue to dominate the top of the standings. Samovar Sinensis adds to its total and holds onto 1st place with 302 points. Good Time makes its move but can’t quite make the jump into the top spot with 289 points. And Legion of Longevity remains in 3rd place with a score of 200 points.

Popes of Mope becomes the highest scoring Pro Elf team to date with 180 points in 4th place overall. Black Hawks Fall continues now tied for 5th place for the Dark Elves with 166 points. And Eataine Sea Guard moves way up for the High Elves and shares 5th place with 166 points.

One team beyond 300 points. Two have cracked 200. And 9 teams in the century club.

Finally, two cycles completed! And both teams are at the top of the standings: Samovar Sinensis, Wood Elves, and Good Time, also Woodies, both accomplish the feat in week #2 of Season XVI. Congrats! Who will be next?

The overall standings are as follows:
(* indicates a completed cycle)

Scores
1 Samovar Sinensis - 302*
2 Good Time - 289*
3 Legion of Longevity - 200
4 Popes of Mope - 180
5 Black Hawks Fall - 166
6 Eataine Sea Guard - 166
7 Have Elf, Will Foul! - 157
8 IFK Gothenburg - 132
9 White Isle Idlers Alpha Turbo - 121
10 Ivory warriors - 121
11 Darkness Void - 114
12 Karond Kar Poetry - 100
13 Hairy Elves - 94
14 Voting is For Sissies - 93
15 Tree Capers - 89
16 Power and Glory - 85
17 Nik Kershaws Riddle - 81
18 Bishi Xenophobes - 80
19 Flight of the Conchords - 77
20 Peledor Steelers - 76
21 Har Ganeth Ladies 2nd XI - 73
22 España - 70
23 Qvickfote Ballpassers - 65
24 Ministry of Violence - 64
25 Arden Rangers - 59
26 Uppitty What What - 56
27 My Name Is Elf - 55
28 Anahira, Dark Feathers - 55
29 Folsom Prison Blues - 54
30 Dead But Don't Know It Yet - 50
31 Dark Woodelves - 46
32 License to Kill - 45
33 Dunkle Riten - 38
34 Arborial Avengers - 38
35 Philosophers Rocking Chair - 35
36 Feary Godfathers - 35
37 Lake Effect - 35
38 Ravens Claw - 34
39 Team Fredrick III - 33
40 Weebl Stuffers - 31
41 White Kings - 25
42 FarBehindAnyExpectations - 25
43 Robber Barons - 20
44 Nandorouts - 20
45 Nightmares Refection - 17
46 PleaseDontHurtUs2Bad - 17
47 Glory Daze - 16
48 Even Silence Speaks - 16
49 Everything Fails - 16
50 Arden Wolves - 16
51 Stinging Cherries - 16
52 Oak Blasters - 15
53 KB - 15
54 Soul Caliburs II - 14
55 BBA HagCrag BlackPink Panthers - 14
56 Lords Lament - 11
57 Pro Elf and I Vote! - 10
58 woodland fawns - 9
59 Stand Free - 1
60 Stony Man Doctrine – 1
193 Lightning Leapers ELF - -2
194 I Aim Legend - -3
195 Occidentals - -4

In the battle for Categories, the Wood Elves are still dominating. Legion of Longevity finally breaks up the two-party system by taking over Category E. Samovar Sinensis still holds Categories A, C and D. And Good Time is reduced to ownership of Categories B. Can no other races stake their claim?

The Category standings are as follows:

A Samovar Sinensis (Wood Elf) - 110
B Good Time (Wood Elf) - 53
C Samovar Sinensis (Wood Elf) - 49
D Samovar Sinensis (Wood Elf) - Good Time (Wood Elf) - 51
E Legion of Longevity - 60

Still about month left to play in this mad dash! Go to the group page to join with your fresh TR100 elf team. If you’re already signed up, start playing!

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2008 - 22:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This time, it's category A...

Earlier today, I dished out an absolutely brutal demolition of a khemri side. Perhaps a bit of cherrypicking as they did not have any tacklers, but neither did they have Nuffle's blessing. The scoring system encouraged me to keep kicking him when he was down, and resulted in an astonishing 70 points for that single match.

Yesterday's lucky escape from chaos dwarves improved things as well, and now I have taken category A with a total of 118.

Synn himself capped off my Synnful Sprint, but his Bunnies were too much for me, and I cannot include that match in my score. Still, the sprint is complete, elves beware!
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

zureal enters the Pro Elf team Those 70s Elves.

Still accepting applications from TR 100 team (only) though the end of the season!

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Managed to get 50 points vs khemri last night (and I had packed a wizard), but 70 is brilliant Smile
jimjo

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

It is close to impossible to find baseline matches on gamefinder at +250 teamstrenght.
From +250 t.str. on al games shall count as baseline games.
Therefore both teams should have teamstrenght +250..
200 teamstenght would be good too..

Or what about going in steps...
Up too 200 t-str. : our t-str. even or lower and cr 155+
From 200 t-str.: our t-str up to a nax. from 10 points higher then theirs and cr 155+

Additional rules:
from 250: all none cat E (elf) games played awardet with some extra points.
because every game at this rating is more bloody more challenging and more skillfull......

..btw watch this game
its the prove that there are unscared woddys here too who can win against one of the hardest teams around....:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2109183
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

My key question is how elf teams get to +250 TS..... and why they arent getting the tournament bonus + easier wins?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
clarkin

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That's an amazing win by kryten vs those monster chaos.. hahaha! Nice going Smile

As for the TS / baseline thing I think when both teams have more than 249 TS then just CR should be looked at for the bonus. (this nicely mirrors the 40+- TS rule not counting above 249). In any case I'm sure pizzamogul will analyse & tweak the scoring at the end of the season.
Jeppan

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
My key question is how elf teams get to +250 TS..... and why they arent getting the tournament bonus + easier wins?

Why is this a question?

I do admit I played a lot of elves with my team but I also brought them to massive legendsmacks and played some really nasty teams. Competing in E.L.F is impossible without getting baseline-points at hight TS.

My lowbee WE-team has 70 ELF-points from 2 games while my bigger team has 132 points from 9 games. It is hard going as is at the higher levels.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my TS 200ish Darkelves have managed to play two games this season due to being tournament bound, niether were scoring matches but I think I've got 50 ELF points from them.... that +5 for tournaments is a really nice bonus, especially for high up teams. With TS 250 elves you are surely either stuck in a major and therefore not really able to compete for the ELF title anyway.... or you are doing well out of legend smacks surely? TS 250 and elves seems like it could do well in a SMACK environment.

Thats why I believe that the new system is fair without a boost for huge elf teams.... the fact that you are likely (not looked at any teams) to have got there via either cherrypicking or elfballing is another point though.

Edit: one point worth observing is that every handicap that you give away or recieve is actually considered to be worth 5TS. This however dosent show up anywhere in the figures except the actual CR calculation... so it wont be included in the match reports. Should this be introduced to stop smaller ELF teams preying on beat up high TR (same TS) opponents and maybe to give the larger teams more chance to get that baseline score?

Jeppan

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2008 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The smacks are great! No doubt about it but playing a Khemri at TR 100 is a whole different story than playing them at TR 250, even counting that you team obviously is a lot better. Sure you can grab a rather easy win but against 5 DPs you will hardly have a team afterwards. So smacks are great but you can hardly just play smacks so the extra 5 points are not a substitute for the lost baseline. An you can always enter smacks at a low TR too.

249+ should count for baseline points. It is a good system but it is not working out for the stronger teams.
 Jump to: